Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: (SG/OOC Thread) Project Buckler: You Run a Suicide Squad!  (Read 9244 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: (SG/OOC Thread) Project Buckler: You Run a Suicide Squad!
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2017, 10:46:52 pm »

I figured the visit with Anastasia would have counted for an action. Alright, I'll think something up real quick
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2017, 11:24:34 pm »

Nah. I was giving everybody a free RP while we waited for Mardent to show up. Even if it had counted, you still had one more, as everybody gets three.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2017, 03:12:55 am »

Director Michael 'Phalanx' Sterling
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Project Buckler Prisoner Roster

Project Buckler Personnel and Resources

---

First Week of May, 2017:

You order Assistant Chief Engineer Richard Smith to begin research on the captured weapons belonging to Crossfire. He agrees to do this, and promises to report back to you at the end of the week.

The rest of the week is spent working with the two prisoners you are most interested in: Anastasia and Prom King.

The daughter of Thanatos proves uncooperative at best. During your attempts to meet with her, she proves bratty, rude, and even a bit distant. She responds poorly to your attempts to apply strict military discipline, refusing to do anything you say, and even daring you to render her a vegetable if you have a problem with her.

Things go much better with Prom King. Even though the deformed young man is American, Derick McIntire always followed the news and it turns out he is both well aware and appreciative of your heroics during the Britannica Prime crisis. You spend the better part of several days talking to and working with him like he was any other 20-something recruit, almost forgetting that Prom King was responsible for butchering his family and most of his senior class in high school before spending three years on the lamb as a henchman to various villains.

During this time you gain several valuable insights on your subject, first being that he already knows how to shoot a rifle, and considers himself a good shot. If you wish to arm the half demon, you would either need to make or order him some sort of custom weapon with a trigger and grip designed for his freakish claws and a huge magazine to spare his limited fine motor skills from having to reload often mid-fight.

You also get a feel for his potential. The American Demonologist who examined Prom King after he was captured reports that it is likely that he will manifest another spurt of powers and phyiscal changes at least once before his 40th birthday. Derick elaborates, informing you that his father dwells in an acidic hell that serves as an afterlife for wicked members of the alien Kalja people. Knowing this, you could likely make him some enchanted gear that could help him better tap into the powers of his infernal bloodline, but you would need the flesh and/or bone of a demon as material to do so. Zeus and company usually track demons from supernatural realms adjacent to their own, so perhaps a visit to the court of an Olympic God is in order.

Alternatively you could track down Abel and Bravo, two Kalja who serve as ace pilots for Project Buckler, and ask them for insight on their ‘hell’. You doubt either is particularly spiritual, but they should be able to point you to some sort of religious figure who might know more about Prom King’s origin and bloodline than even he does.

Halfway through the week, Smith reports back the research on Crossfire’s weapons has stalled. Wraith, your leading officer from China, has ordered the guns locked up and kept away from researchers. Apparently Wraith is an old colleague of Crossfire from her days as a supervillain, and claims that the alien ‘will go ballistic’ if he finds his tech is tampered with. Smith then promptly informs you that before Wraith stopped him, he managed to dissasemble Crossfire’s CX26 "Flyswatter" energy weapon and study some of its more interesting component parts. Wonderful.

Research Assets Updated

Intel Report
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2017, 11:29:24 am »

((We having an end-of-week meeting to plan things out and organize missions?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2017, 11:50:06 am »

Yeah. I forgot to put the details on that because I finished the posts and crashed last night.

Director Sterling will be an NPC under my control for the meeting, but if you guys want him to propose a mission or bring up any other matter at the meeting, tell me so now. Voting on this matter will be open for the next 24 hours or so before the meeting starts.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2017, 06:30:19 pm »

((I guess the peanut gallery has no opinion on the meeting contents just yet.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2017, 03:38:52 am »

Wraith
After the director proved to be late to his own weekly meeting. Wraith decided to go remind him about it, she had some things she wanted to discuss after all. Opening the door to his office, she poked her head inside.
"Sir, your weekly meeting with the captain and the leading officers was supposed to start thirty minutes ago."

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2017, 12:29:37 pm »

Wraith
After the director proved to be late to his own weekly meeting. Wraith decided to go remind him about it, she had some things she wanted to discuss after all. Opening the door to his office, she poked her head inside.
"Sir, your weekly meeting with the captain and the leading officers was supposed to start thirty minutes ago."

It will happen in the IC thread soon. I've been busy job hunting and getting my other game going.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2017, 04:53:55 pm »

Meeting is up on the IC thread.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 02, 2017, 01:12:11 am »

Little inconsistent about whether or not you want to execute your prisoners, huh Sterling?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2017, 01:18:39 am »

He doesnt like wraith's background. Since she proposed killing datajack, hes against it, since she proposed allying with crossfire, hes against it. it has nothing at all to do with killing prisoners, its about trusting a known ex-villaness.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2017, 01:23:18 am »

He doesnt like wraith's background. Since she proposed killing datajack, hes against it, since she proposed allying with crossfire, hes against it. it has nothing at all to do with killing prisoners, its about trusting a known ex-villaness.

Pretty much this.

Edit: Although he dosn't like The Pioneer much either, and for the same reason, so his bias sort of cancels itself out in the case of Crossfire.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:25:08 am by Weirdsound »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2017, 01:27:17 am »

Sterling doesn't strike me as the most impartial guy hahaha

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2017, 12:14:08 am »

Just a note: I'm not going to be available much this week, so IronyOwl will be more or less running the game until Saturday.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2017, 08:33:10 pm »

Director Michael 'Phalanx' Sterling, Meeting Results

The meeting with your underlings goes more or less as expected: They have a lot of tantalizing clues, but nothing concrete. The major breakthrough is a dispute between The Pioneer and Wraith over whether you should execute Crossfire and disassemble his equipment, or lock up his gear to prevent aggravating him further in an attempt to reach an understanding with him. You give your officers a vote, ending 2:1 in favor of diplomacy; Prometheus is annoyingly silent on the matter.

Otherwise, the only practical effect is your authorizing 300k RC from the shared expense account for The Pioneer to upgrade Matador with cybernetics of some sort.

Other tidbits brought to your attention include:
-Datajack's deceased dark lord, Pryiex, might still be alive on the net in pieces of code
-Gatorman, an associate of Brewmaster's, is crossbreeding Cerberus puppies with his reptiles
-The Atlantians appear to be at war with something utilizing Britannica Prime technology

Please post suggestions for Week 2. The top 3 will be used.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7