Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: (SG/OOC Thread) Project Buckler: You Run a Suicide Squad!  (Read 9240 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: (SG/OOC Thread) Project Buckler: You Run a Suicide Squad!
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2017, 07:18:23 am »

Talk to Prom King, and start the process of training and mentoring him. Better to establish that link before one of the more dangerous prisoners turns the easily-influenced young man legitimately murderous.

+1 to this, and

Start getting to know Anastasia. Having her as a loyal, or even voluntary soldier would be much better than as an expendable prisoner. Also, we might then avoid the possibility of angering Thanos* and being forced to let her go by direct order of Olympus, or such.

Get the scientists working on studying Crossfire's equipment. We don't want any nasty surprises on the field from capabilities we might've missed.

*Are you sure you don't mean Thanatos?

We could offer Anastasia the possibility of removing her implant if she proves loyal, though by no means should we actually do that. Any father-daughter-style bond or friendship we might establish will be strictly for purposes of control, effectiveness and political goodwill with Olympus.
As a note, Killer Queen is trying to establish good relations with Anastasia this very turn. They both have powers involving death, so it might be wise for me to do this instead of Phalanx
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2017, 07:21:21 am »

Doesn't mean they both can't. Hell, both trying to build a rapport would be a good idea.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2017, 09:27:38 am »

Talk to Prom King, and start the process of training and mentoring him. Better to establish that link before one of the more dangerous prisoners turns the easily-influenced young man legitimately murderous.

+1 to this, and

Start getting to know Anastasia. Having her as a loyal, or even voluntary soldier would be much better than as an expendable prisoner. Also, we might then avoid the possibility of angering Thanos* and being forced to let her go by direct order of Olympus, or such.

Get the scientists working on studying Crossfire's equipment. We don't want any nasty surprises on the field from capabilities we might've missed.

We could offer Anastasia the possibility of removing her implant if she proves loyal, though by no means should we actually do that. Any father-daughter-style bond or friendship we might establish will be strictly for purposes of control, effectiveness and political goodwill with Olympus.
((Please be aware that I'm going to be locking up Crossfire's gear to keep it from being tampered with this very turn, and have information about him and his gear.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2017, 01:12:12 pm »

Whoops. Yeah. I've been reading too much marvel stuff. I think its a bit late to correct the name now. Eh, lets just say the Greek God of death answers to Thanos and Thanatos in this universe.

((Also, can I get a physical description of Gnaw so I know what I'm working with here?))

I gave you a basic description already. 6'5, protective scales, teeth, and claws. Gnaw is Killer Queen's creation, so I'll let you fill in the rest if you wish.

---

Also, as a general note, usually I wont allow RP with NPCs except as a continuation of a successful action, but I'm making an exception here as we don't have the resources document ready quite yet and I'd like to give you all a bit more information on the world to work with.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2017, 02:46:46 pm »

Both the IC and SG intro posts have been edited with a link to the HMS Illustrious Assets sheet. I'll link it here as well.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2017, 06:25:39 pm »

Alright. So now that you have all had some time to RP, and the resource document is up, feel free to post your characters three actions for the turn. Just bold the actual actions. They can be pretty much anything now; RPing with a prisoner, checking prisoner files for more detailed info, meeting with one of your contacts, researching an item on board the ship, ect...

Just Bold your actual actions.

Also, don't forget that players can still vote on the director's action. I reserve the right to count a vote as 0.5 votes if it is blatantly in your character's best interests.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2017, 10:10:17 pm »

Sorry for my slow responses, I have family over (and I'm graduating highschool tomorrow), but hopefully things will slow down soon.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2017, 11:54:17 pm »

-1 @ messing with crossfire's gear
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2017, 11:30:40 am »

+1 to Prom King. Also "Hormonal Teenager?". I wonder what Counselor Hope would have to say about this...

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2017, 11:32:43 am »

Also,  can we post design ideas here?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2017, 12:41:15 pm »

This is an OOC thread. You can post anything marginally related to the game here. Also, welcome. Glad you showed up. :)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2017, 01:51:30 am »

Still waiting on an action from Killer Queen, and perhaps a final update to the RP I have her in or two, before we start work on the next turn.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2017, 03:41:20 pm »

Sorry for Triple Post, but I've got an update:

The director's turn is mostly written, so no more suggesting actions for Phalanx please. Because his attempt to research Crossfire's guns conflicts with Wraith's attempt to lock said guns away, posting the Director turn before the player turns are done is complicated as one would spoil the other. And we are still waiting on Killer Queen, so player turns might be a ways away.

So, a few choices for y'all:

Should I...
A: Post the Director's turn tonight, redacting the bit about gun research until the player turns are up
B: Post the Director's turn when the player turns are ready

S34N1C hasn't been online in a few days, and we can't do the player turns until I have Killer Queen's actions. Should I...
A: Put Killer Queen on remote control this turn if we don't hear from S34N1C by tomorrow morning.
B: Allow the other players to pick an NPC of their choosing and start another round of RPs, which would last a few days, if we don't hear from S34N1C by tomorrow morning.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2017, 10:14:27 pm »

Im so sorry for my absense. I had an incredibly busy week, but luckily it has passed, and i will be more active

Glory to United Forenia!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2017, 10:38:30 pm »

Im so sorry for my absense. I had an incredibly busy week, but luckily it has passed, and i will be more active

We need two more actions in addition to the generic 'check in with your contacts' to roll your turn. Please get them in quickly. Almost everything else is written.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7