Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Time Paradox Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Win  (Read 41483 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradox Mafia [6/9] Day 2; One third gone
« Reply #165 on: August 08, 2017, 05:46:28 pm »

Well is ANYTHING going to happen? -.-

6 people left. LYLO pretty much. Nobody's poking anything.

Idk why Roseheart acted so useless. We are 3 town don't wn day2 so that's a fucking wonder.

Teneb which one did you kill last night?
Neither. I tried to investigate roo last night because I don't always have the most consistent reads on them, but, well, they died.

But sure, try to throw suspicion on me.
REALLY NOW @_@
Because I moved your action to happen on N0.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 08, 2017, 05:47:54 pm »

LIES.

Because you moved my action to happen N0.

Or at least someone did.

More likely, someone redirected you.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 08, 2017, 05:52:03 pm »

LIES.

Because you moved my action to happen N0.

Or at least someone did.

More likely, someone redirected you.
And you know this how? :P

COME ON PEOPLE, MORE INFORMATION D:< I WANT TO POST THINGS!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 08, 2017, 06:12:02 pm »

Idk why Roseheart acted so useless. We are 3 town don't wn day2 so that's a fucking wonder.

Neither. I tried to investigate roo last night because I don't always have the most consistent reads on them, but, well, they died.

You would have been paradoxed, Roo died on N0, Teneb.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 08, 2017, 06:14:43 pm »

I'm making an inference from the fact that all the roles we've seen so far in flips have been unique. I don't think two players would have the same ability.

Assuming that's the case, and assuming you're not lying about having an action that shunts actions to the past, then you must have been the one to move me to night 0.

If that's the case, then either you lied about targeting Teneb with your reversing action or you were redirected and not told(and not all setups have players being told when they're redirected). Speaking of which...

Deus Asmoth: If a player's target was changed, would they be told?
~~~
Please elaborate on why he would have been paradoxed. If you're right, then either Teneb made a mistake or he's lying scum(and made a mistake), and I'd be fine voting him for that.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 08, 2017, 06:16:48 pm »

Please elaborate on why he would have been paradoxed. If you're right, then either Teneb made a mistake or he's lying scum(and made a mistake), and I'd be fine voting him for that.
He can't investigate on N1 someone who's died on N0.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2017, 06:18:36 pm »

And I would've won :V

That said...
If that's the case, then either you lied about targeting Teneb with your reversing action or you were redirected and not told(and not all setups have players being told when they're redirected). Speaking of which...
Either yer pretty much not reading the OP (No offense :P)
or you're scum and trying to obfuscate. Otherwise, the latter makes you lean townier in my eyes.

...BEcause you are aware that we can multiact right? I even posted about that back in D1. :P
As in, read the Annoying Parrots.

Boop :3
If an action is stopped by another player's action in moving an action in a different time, it makes a paradox.
I want to make paradoxes. L:
Paradoxes didn't happen :<
So Teneb may pretty much be LYIN'

That means you and Caz are town(ish in the least).

Ayyyy dis.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2017, 06:28:58 pm »

Well.

Teneb.
~~~
...BEcause you are aware that we can multiact right? I even posted about that back in D1. :P
Well. I knew we can multiact, I just didn't consider it as an option. Used to mafia games where you can only make one action per night.

Makes sense. I suppose you're implying that's what you did?
Generic Arms Race.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 08, 2017, 08:01:47 pm »

Tiruin how many paradoxes do you need for a win?

And does anyone have a useful explanation about how Teneb has been redirected/blocked without causing a paradox that isn't that he/she lied?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 08, 2017, 08:11:41 pm »

Players will be told who their action's target was and the night on which it resolves.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 08, 2017, 08:19:14 pm »

Also no 3rd party kill happened n2(or from whichever time stream we are on now) so I am guessing there is a 2nd redirect/block/etc time fuckery ability. I tend to believe Tiruin in that they did time-change Teneb's action due to the 'need paradoxes plz'. This says nothing about their alignment I suppose.

We are really hingeing on if people will be informed of their abilities being blocked or so. If an action is taken on n2 for example to go back to n0, wouldn't the affected players find out due to the time difference? Once the timeline changes they would notice that things aren't how they should be. This is just an assumption but if true it would look to Teneb's guilt more than their innocence.

> and just saw a ninjapost by the mod. as far as I understand it now, Teneb is definitely lying. RIP ya scummy bastard.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 08, 2017, 08:23:37 pm »

Players will be told who their action's target was and the night on which it resolves.

I tried to investigate roo last night because I don't always have the most consistent reads on them, but, well, they died.

REALLY NOW @_@
Because I moved your action to happen on N0.

From this we can determine at least one of two are scum. There can't be outside interference due to the mod's statement. If Teneb somehow flips town (really, really doubt it) then Tiruin can be deleted tomorrow.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 08, 2017, 08:30:32 pm »

How long do we have if the extend takes place btw? I'd like a bit of energy tomorrow but the day is getting pretty late.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 09, 2017, 01:20:51 am »

From this we can determine at least one of two are scum. There can't be outside interference due to the mod's statement. If Teneb somehow flips town (really, really doubt it) then Tiruin can be deleted tomorrow.
Ehh, doubt it :v

Tiruin how many paradoxes do you need for a win?

And does anyone have a useful explanation about how Teneb has been redirected/blocked without causing a paradox that isn't that he/she lied?
Just bloody one.
Also Teneb is a he :3

OK since I've got pretty much enough ideas presented, why I'm saying it is technically LYLO...

Is because it is technically LYLO :P
Because I'm not Town.
Or Mafia :V [/hiss]

I'm a benevolent third-party whose extra-curricular is doing anything alignment sided :P I'm a Jester (Not Really). Really.
Basically my only wincon is that I'll be creating a time paradox or that I'm involved in one -_- My only ability is making things happen earlier or later than the time my own action resolves. (As in, either I can cause it, or I'm involved in it) I can easily infer that mine just resolved N1.

Why I'm fullclaiming this AND SUSPECT THOSE WHO DIN'T DO NUTHIN LIKE BHK AND FOU AND CAZ AND BLAUGH...is pretty much because I've no particular inferred against-my-wincon thingy that prevents me from doing so. And I'm always town-biased in games that I'm not anywhere Mafia-biased. :P And from that, I'm inferring that it's better to time paradox when there are friendlies than people who can team-aligned kill people :V

I targeted:
> ROO
> TENEB
> FOU
> BHK
And moved their actions one day earlier. Meaning N0.

So, given the # of players who have posted, there is nobody claiming targeting Teneb other than me and Caz, I feel this is pretty much okay to disclose in public.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 09, 2017, 02:31:33 am »

I targeted:
> ROO
> TENEB
> FOU
> BHK
And moved their actions one day earlier. Meaning N0.
I already acted N0 though.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18