Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: The World of Dwarvemon - Succession Fortress of Pocketball (ENDED)  (Read 63695 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

Ok, claimed the save, what i'm supposed to do during my turn?
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

Ok, here my spring-summer update.Don’t expect any in-character storytelling, my first and last try in this ended up horribly.

1 of Granite
Don’t know what to do, so ordered masterpiece silver warhammer for myself.

(from first try)  :P

My character can’t wield it, though. This fortress have urgent lack of hospital.

2 of Granite
 Kobold thief named “Stungin” has been spotted. Is it the same thief as before?
    5 of Granite
Child Lor Unibiseth has been possessed. Surprisingly, there are no blocks for her,  so I ordered to produce them.
     10 of Granite
Militia commander has grown attached to copper shield. Actually he only dwarf in fortress that have ANY armor, and two members of melee squad have no weapons.
      12 of Granite
 Elven caravan has arrived. They had mamoswine for sell, which I obviously bought, along with three musical instruments.
      14 of Granite
Lor finished her artifact – it’s walnut wood cup.

18 of Granite

Hospital has been finished, but there are no thread for suturing. And no pig tail seeds for farm. And no seed of any other thread-producing plant. Dammit. There also no splints, so I ordere to produce 50 of them and 20 of crutches. I begin to mine staircase down hoping to find a cave with cave spider silk.

3 of Slate
Migrants have arrived:
suturer-wound dresser
novice bone doctor
marksdwarf
Great diagnoser-wound dresser. Assigned as chief medical dwarf immediately
1 siege operator
1 uber engineer: Have “talented” in all basic fighting skills, competent in all mechanics skills(including optics and fluid engineer) and talented wound dresser.
1 accomplished butcher-surgeon :D
High master pump operator, but also expert brewer
Siege engineer, also papermaker
cheesemaker
2 craftdwarfs
3 farmers
9 childs
Overall “skilled” macedwarf+furnace operator
bone carver
novice papermaker-speardwarf
brewer
spinner
Animals:
1 clang
1 serperior
1 blastoise
1 combusken
1 golbat
1 sceptile
1 feraligatr
2 crobats
1 muk
1 frogadier
1 quilladin

This migrant wave has bringed us to 114!
     11 of Slate
First layer of caverns discovered, but there are no silk, just copper. Discovered that tetrahedrite ore isn’t tin ore hard way. Ordered production of 10 sets of copper armor.
      13 of slate
Elven caravan embarked on it’s journey
      14 od Slate
Microcline! Praise the miners!

4 of Flesite

Glass’s tepig evolved into pignite.

And Beirus’s gabite evolved into garchomp. Nasty thing.

5 of Felsite
Tavern “Bejeweled lunch” has been opened.
      12 of Felsite
I’m rich!

All “masterpiece” signs are joltic webs (Finally “me” and Ryukan can get out of hospital!)
All blue F signs is adamantine spire that goes two level above water surface. Great!

20 of Felsite

Map centered here with message ”you discovered downward passage” but I don’t see anything here. Strange.
       22 of Felsite
Miners discovered magma sea. Turns out, there are two adamantine spires on the map.

5 of Hematite
Expansions of bedrooms are complete, now migrants have their bedrooms too. Hospital now have strings, but Ryukan and “me” refuse to go to hospital. And they have infections in their arms, though only on health screen, not on (w)ounds screen.

And why the hell we have all types of food in “meat\fish\other” forbidden for cooking?

9 of Hematite

Now they will train them faster. Perhaps.
Also, how do we actually assign pokemons to their owners? Just assigning dwarves as trainers? I fear I screwed some assignments when tried to make this lazy dwarves finally fully train wild pokemons.

And what the hell is “gengar saliva”?
       13 of Hematite
Golbat has evolved into crobat
         17 of Hematite

Human caravan has arrived. Bought all they food, big part of their leather two iron anvils, food and few other things for prepared food, end up with trader profit of ~10000. Food is bugged! No magma forge, though, since we don’t have any steel.

18 of Hematite
Mayor has been re-elected

13 of Malachite
Golden-rock salt road has been built.

Adamantine refining facility has been set up.

And production of copper armor almost finished.
Dwarves don’t want to wear it, though.

14 of Malachite
I started my little megaproject “water tower”. I hope I will not broke this. And I hope I can do it before spring. And there are wind. And water wheels can be powered by brooks. Dammit.
           15 of Malachite
 Another wave of migrants have arrived.   

Dvarves: Presser-speadwarf, though it unquestionably weak and flimsy >:(
Mighty soap maker. Assigned to military under command of “battle engineer” ,random gived squad name “geared tempests”
Wax worker
Fish cleaner
Dyer
2 Peasants

Pokemons:
Sceptile
Froakie
Snivy

Now we have 121 dwarf.

19 of Malachite

Of course something gone wrong. I placed “tower” right on top of my “pig tail farm” and dining hall, and chanell from the river breached “farm”. Well, I now shouldn’t dig one Z-level down to get windmill power.
            20 of Malachite
Stonecrafter has been taken by fey mood. He claimed 3 tetrahedrite, willow log, rock salt, tympole leather, joltick silk cloth, green turmalin cabochons, and bones of Luritkokeb, named hakamo-o. Must be expensve thing.

2 of Galena

Suddenly, megabeast! Nimu the Stable Controller, zygarde 10% form.
I burrowed everyone inside, then unburrowed, because I didn’t had cage traps on entrance.
Zygarde bypassed cage trap line, then proceed to kill froakie near the entrance.It didn’t last very long.
   But then zygarde got sqarmed by other pokemon and military dwarves and get killed. Only losed this froakie, no one even get wounded, except few bruises on gogoat

3 of Galena
Moody stonecrafter finished his construction: Weakenedsear the Nasty  Insight, Tetrahedrite amulet. It’s worth 43200.

3 of Limestone
Thief! Stungin again. And again no one managed to catch him.
            8 of Limestone
Evolution wave!

So this is my first half-year. Building of water tower goes smoothly.

(Whose that blood is? Mostly of ImmortalRyukan, from old wounds. Whose that vomit in the tube is? Don't have any damn idea.)
Shidoni, you get dwarfed as "my mother" proficient cook
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My and Ryukans infections don't actually infections. No pokemons list this update, because i'm lazy  :P
Will be in the next update(last, i guess) when i get which pokemon belongs to who.
Oh, and there dwarven caravan demands for the next year. Doesn't matter, i guess, i'm p[ersonally use only prepared food for trade anyways.  :P
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 12:26:25 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Klang please, and the combusken.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Nopal

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:36:00 pm by Nopal »

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Muk please, unless it came owned in the migrant wave.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile

I'd love that mamoswine

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

List of pokemons
War trained:
(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)
Hunt trained:
(o)
(o)(o)(o)
In training:
(o)(o)(o)(o)
Tame:
(o)
(o)(o)(o)
(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)[/img](o)(o)
(o)
(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)
(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)
(o)(o)(o)
Not tame:

Dead:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:04:22 am by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'd like of of the... um... Chimchar's evolution. I don't remember name.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

Not from me  ;D Because you are dead and i don't know which dwarf you want.
And at all. Not from me.
Rest of the sigs

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not from me  ;D Because you are dead and i don't know which dwarf you want.
And at all. Not from me.
...ehm, no, there was never any mention of my guy dying. Now, I would like that Pokémon that I mentioned.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

Here the final update. Because being horribly lazy, it take me 3 days to post it.
Glass, you now have combusken. No klang, though, because I just can’t find it(found it when made pokemon list, but it’s claimed as pet). Lemonpie, mamoswine is yours. Quilladin and muk isn’t available, because they are already claimed by dwarfs as pets. Or it’s ok?
            23 of Limestone
Dwarven caravan has arrived. They bringed treecko,  4 mareeps, 2 flaaffys, miltank, some food and damn ton of cloth. Bought everything, except clothes
             25 of Limestone

Human lasher ….        What’s wrong? She don’t have a whip. What’s wrong? Dwarves CANT make whips! Damn, I’m playing this game from time to time over a year, but I didn’t know before that dwarves can’t made whips.
             28 of Limestone

Yes. She suddenly turned into law-giver.
( And at all, i had surprisingly a lot of human mercenaries.I heard that in past versions, if your cev recently was on war, there more chance that migrans will have some military skills. Does this work like that here?If human civ on war with elven civ, you will have more mercenaries(logic...)).   
             3 of Sandstone

Damn, goblins, siege us, not come as visitors, you can be enemies in this ways only in the next patch!( And you know what? They CAN’T siege us. Nearby goblin civ(and all goblin civs, actually), don’t seems to exist.))
             15 of Sandstone
             During  building of water tower, Nomex broke floor under himself and fall 5 z-levels down.
5-z levels, and almost everythen “deflected by cloth”, damnit.

Out of nowhere there are wild totem gumshoos in a cage.
            20 of Sandstone
Migrants have arrived:
Dwarves:
Siege engineer-swordsdwarf. Assigned to military.(dammit, give siege operators, no engineers!)
Papermaker
High master potash maker >_<
Strand extractor
Tresher
Weaver
Hunter. Actually he have no combat and labor skills at all.
Miner
This one :\

Pokemons, all claimed by dwarfs:
Rowlet
Lunatone
Exploud
Alolan muk
Mareep

24 of Sandstone
Engraver has been possessed! He claimed craftsdwarf workshop and one piece of raw adamantine and produced Counselledflayer, a raw adamantine earring. It’s worth 600000

11 of Timber
Siege engineer(not that one) gived bith to a boy.
10 of Moonstone
Stray chimchar transformed into Monferno!
13 of Moonstone
Furret has been caught into cage trap
15 of Moonstone
I noticed that jeweler have “recover wounded” job.. Wounded? Following him.

And this thing looks so harmless?

God dammit, I’m calling military!

Too late, though I’ts get downed by Glass’s war charizard.

Charizards have the same trouble as masterwork succubi – if they are fighting, they set all map on fire. Fortunately this fire was on the other side of the brook.

17 of Moonstone
Launch of water tower gone not without troubles. First, there was unfinished wall tile, because dwarves can’ build diagonally (didn’t I rebuilt it properly before?), misterious lever disconnections (I’m sure I connected them at least one time, and suspect that I connected some TWICE, but they are disconnected or just not working anyways) and suicidal dwarves and pokemons  that try to clean blood from walls ( in room that half filled with bloody water, yes), take shortcut(I locked this hatch cover! No, I don’t) or just absolutely unnecessarily wander in water room. Finally I reconnected all levers and get all idiots out of water room. Though, tower fills very slowly, both because of pump speed and unlimited watery works that dropped my FPS from 34 to 16. Yes, and I DON’T know how you can use this tower. At all.
18 of Moonstone
  I checked wounded smith in the hospital and found out that there no smith, there are heavily wounded fishedwarf. Fisherdwarf? Turns out there was 3 furrets: one get caught in a cage, second get killed by chimchar, and third  engaged in fight with said fisherdwarf and get killed.  But idon’t noticed that second one killed not only gemcutter, but also weaponsmith and Glass. Glass’s burned upper front teeth has been buried in the tomb.
17 of Opal
I know, it’s too late, but I’m started another project: railway to magma smelters
19 of Opal
Pidgeotto transformed into pidgeot
Charmeleon transformed into charizard
Braixen has transformed into delphox
And I built proper rooms for captain of the guard. With this engraving. :P
26 of Opal

Well, there are damn lot of tauroses. I guess I’m calling a military…

Seriously?! This damn furrets killed three dwarves to death, but when dwarves attacked by taureses, they beat them to death by their bare hands?! Seriously?! I’m not calling military then.

Well, it seems I underestimated them a bit.

Four tauroses has been trapped in a cage.
27 of Opal
Child get fey mood. She claimed two logs and joltik silk and made a willow cup

Railway project failed a bit,  remining it in other way in other place.

5 of Obsidian
Discovered that “magma-safe anvils” includes iron anvils(But when you build magma pumps you must use steel components? WHY!?), facepalmed, built magma-forges.
10 of Obsidian
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuu-

Not a big thing, actually, I always can dig it out in any other place.

15 of Obsidian
Excadrill attacked soap maker, but he killed it and end up only with bruised chest.

18 of Obsidian

Weaponsmith made masterpiece adamantine battle axe!
This goes to militia commander
Well, actually he made two masterpiece adamantine axes in a row and he also the mayor.
26 of Obsidian
Realized a bit too late that we don’t have glass furnaces after trying to make musical instruments. Dwarves now building them near dining hall.
1 of Granite
Dead walk! With at least two necromancers! Hide when you still can!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
     Well, I just knew that I will get dead walk on first of Granite. Positive news: we have well armed and ok-trained military(talented-skilled). Bad news: it not well armored. They just don’t want to wear armor, some of them at all, some partially. My dwarf, for example, wear helm, breastplate and greaves, but don’t wear gauntlets and boots. Idiots. Speaking about refusing to do things: dwarves just refuse to train pokemons past (-Trained-). Actually they refuse to train them past (semi-wild). I disabled all labors except animal training on FirePhoenix, and even assigned him to barrow that includes only animal stockpile, food stockpile and path between them(around meeting hall), but he just don’t care and continue to socialize.
    Only use for water tower – contaminating floors with mood and walls with various types of blood, slade, vomit and gengar saliva.    !!!!Again, what the hell is gengar saliva? !!! What effects it have?
     Tower controls:
Upper right lever: opens floodgate on surface level
Lower right lever: opens and closes water supply form the brook
Left lever: opens floodgate on top of the tower.
Lever in dining hall: opens floodgate to dining hall, for all your tomb-flooding needs.
     Railway finished on ~2\3. All what you need to do to finish it:
1.   Wait before your miners mine out the whole thing
2.   Painstakingly built all missing ramps(sometimes dwarves left ramps, sometimes not. With exactly same pattern. The mystery.)
      3.Painstackingly designate “carve track”
      4. Make sure that you(or me) missed something and fix it.
      5. Run it!
     Oh, and we also have all parts of musical instruments except glass and bone ones.
There is final z-screen

And demands screen, yes.

And save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12913
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 04:00:32 am by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If nobody else is planning to overseer, can I take the save?

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No priority crowns.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

No priority crowns.

Just popping in to agree strongly with this.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was that a reply to my overseer request, or just a complaint with the demands screen? I'm confused.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27