Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: The World of Dwarvemon - Succession Fortress of Pocketball (ENDED)  (Read 63701 times)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the World of Dwarvemon! - Succession Fortress of Pocketball
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2017, 06:15:10 pm »

Also, I know my diary was just a thing to show that I'm having a little fun with Dwarvemon (hope Phoenix doesn't mind me tinkering with it, don't worry I won't like rip it off or anything) but I can just imagine the diaries of other dwarves in this fort.
I don't mind, maybe your findings could help out the mod (and I'll probably use your name for the workshop, it sounds much better). 

Also, I may do the last lot of my turn today, unless I do monthly updates. I'll be busy throughout the week and I don't want to keep the game stalled for everyone for so long.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2017, 10:24:38 pm »

As usual, the requests for Pokemon must be dealt with first. It was just Glass this time, wanting one of the new Pidgeotto and "The water mermaid seal thing" which I assume he meant the Primarina. Couldn't blame him for not knowing its actual name, it is a rather recent discovery. He also wanted that Tepig that no one else has wanted for a while, it seemed rather glad to finally have a trainer of its own.
(Although no one owns over 6 yet, I think we should limit people to that many.)

Autumn, Limestone 1

I recall there being a problem with Necromancers nearby. If they can really raise the dead, then I imagine this being a problem.

With direct access to all our refuse, its basically free candy for them. I assume they can't raise what is essentially "dead" already (Ghost types cant be reanimated), so that Mimikyu won't be coming back. But everything else is a problem, so I'll have a strong door made for it.

We have a piece of Gabbro. That should be sufficient enough to make one.

Say... Where did we get it anyway? I'll have to inspect it closer and...

Oh my... Well, er... It will be serving a much more useful purpose now at least. The things we do for our own betterment...

Autumn, Limestone 3

That same Kobold from the start of the year is back, spotted yet again by the grass types. Obviously, it isn't his sneakiness that he's known for.

Autumn, Limestone 4

With all the miners idling, I decided to plan some expansions. With almost 75 staying here, it might be time to have some individual bedrooms for everyone. It will keep the miners busy for a while at least.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's quite big, yes. But there's at least enough rooms for 80, with the ability to dig out more when needed. Figured we have enough for at least decent sized rooms with a bed, cabinet and a desk. I'll have all those made whilst they are being dug out.

Autumn, Limestone 9

A caravan from the mountain homes has arrived. Hopefully the meeting with our liaison goes well.

That's good to know. I've requested some Mareep/Flaaffy and maybe a Miltank or two, we could really use some wool. With some additional Miltank, maybe we can make our own supply of Moomoo cheese. If they can't get us a Mareep or Flaaffy, they agreed to bring some yarn along.

They also arranged what they want in return. I'm sure this is needed for whoever is overseeing next year.

Anyway, time to see what they brung.
Really? This is all? They obviously didn't expect us to have much out here. At least they gave us plenty of new Pokemon.

I had a few of the smaller Pokemon plus a lot of the crafts traded for what they have. Also offered a few more of those Pokemon to hopefully show that there's potential here. Maybe they will bring more stuff for us next year.

The few Pokemon I traded away should hopefully find an owner, because no one around here seems to want to take them.

I'll certainly be taking that Snivy though. My other one could use a partner.

Autumn, Limestone 10

A friend of the Pidgeotto we caught is causing a few troubles. They are almost half the size of a normal Dwarf, so I don't blame em for being a bit scared.

Autumn, Limestone 20

Going to get some targets for the Marksdwarves. Should help them actually train their shooting.

Autumn, Limestone 21

My Snivy evolved into a Servine! Wonderful!

Autumn, Limestone 22

The next wave of migrants are here.

Quivers can be exported again, not that it really mattered.

Autumn, Sandstone 8

With the merchants about to leave, they said they will put in a good word about us. Especially if we can provide more goods next year. Hopefully the next Overseer will see to that.

Autumn, Sandstone 14

Apparently the Marksdwarves have been training by shooting at that Pidgeotto. I can't really fathom killing a Pokemon, even if its necessary for survival. But the targets will be ready soon, so they wont have to do that.

Autumn, Sandstone 17

Curiously, some Azurill have wondered into one of the new bedrooms. Maybe they want a place to stay?

Autumn, Sandstone 23

Congratulations Lord_lemonpie! Your Turtwig evolved into a Grotle!

Autumn, Sandstone 24

Astesh has demanded a few more figures be made this time. Easy done.

Autumn, Timber 11

Now she wants quivers. Lucky we got some leather to make some.

I also took a look at Beirus' Gabite. Seems that its hand isn't looking too good. I'd treat it, but I don't have the right equipment to do so.

Autumn, Timber 26

All is well in Pocketball, but I noticed Geshud has kind of withdrawn from everyone. Just like Sibrek did before making his weapon rack. Wonder what he's up to.

Autumn, Timber 27

Astesh ordered no picks to be exported. I don't plan on selling them either, we kinda need them.

I've been doing well so far, but its almost time for me to take a break. My research is calling.

The bedrooms are about half done, soon I'll have a place to do my studies in peace. I'll still be sure to hang out at the library to see what's going on.

CURRENT POKEMON
(o) = Owned.

Hunting:
(o)(o)(o)(o)

War:
(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)

In training:
(o)(o)(o)

Untrained:
(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o) (o)(o)
Vermin:
x5 x2 x3 x3 x2

Dead:

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2017, 10:30:57 pm »

...Oh, yeah, I did forget to mention the remains of the Graveler that attacked did turn into that piece of Gabbro. Whoops.

Also, I'll take that little Fennekin!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2017, 10:50:54 pm »

I want that Muk. Hopefully my Gabite will heal when it evolves, if it lives that long.  Also, instead of making a Type-based team, I'm just gonna go for intimidating-looking pokemon.

Folks might already be aware of this, but it seems that eggs lain by evolved Pokemon hatch into those evolved Pokemon. At least in my current fort they do.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 12:29:04 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 30, 2017, 01:49:41 am »

Folks might already be aware of this, but it seems that eggs lain by evolved Pokemon hatch into those evolved Pokemon. At least in my current fort they do.
Yeah... There's no way to have it hatch into a certain creature, unless I try some messy caste stuff. I was thinking of making them be a child until it "levels up" to the required level, but I'm unsure about it (this would make the Pokemon way less effective, but I feel having a "child" of a Pokemon is a bit odd).

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2017, 04:13:10 am »

...Oh, yeah, I did forget to mention the remains of the Graveler that attacked did turn into that piece of Gabbro. Whoops.

Also, I'll take that little Fennekin!
Damn, i wanted it for myself.  ;D I'll take that skiddo then.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2017, 05:55:38 am »

I'm not to sure about letting that Muk out of its cage, as it could pose a very large health risk. But Beirus insisted he would take good care of it. He has plenty of Pokemon already, but he's done an alright job with them. So I let him have it (you have 5 Pokemon now, tied with Glass for the most).

Cole and MCreeper also came up to me. Cole wanted the Fennekin and MCreeper wanted the Skiddo. Since Glass hadn't asked about the Fennekin, I let him Cole keep it.

Winter, Moonstone 2

It's our good ol' Kobold friend again. I don't know why he keeps trying.

Winter, Moonstone 5

Congrats Unib!

Winter, Moonstone 11

Planning to make some nesting areas for the Pokemon. Hopefully we will also have ones that our grass types can stay in if we get a pair (the two on the right should grow moss once we hit the first cavern, allowing them to survive).

I never got how the Humans can run around and make their eggs hatch, whilst having no idea where they come from. Maybe they should read a few scrolls about it.

(Taken from another fort of mine.)

Winter, Moonstone 15

I went to check up on Geshud, and he handed me a few sketches. One of some stacked cloth, some skeletons, and a forest. Okay? He seems to have some cloth with him already, so maybe this is some sort of list of the things he wants? Well, I know there isn't a forest any more, so theres plenty of wood. And the skeletons? Maybe he needs some bones. As far as I know, there isn't any, so what am I going to do about that?

We could slaughter one of our Pokemon, but I wouldn't dare do such a thing! So I. Hesitantly, ask the Marksdwarves to hunt for a Pokemon. I'm so sorry.

Winter, Moonstone 20

They decide to get that Pidgeotto they had shot at before. Poor thing...

Winter, Moonstone 24

The other Charmander evolved.

Winter, Moonstone 26

Congratulations!

I hope the sacrifice was worth it...

Winter, Opal 3

Geshud presented some pig tail trousers, with a lot of... Pig tail decorating it. Those wooden spikes don't seem comfortable at all...

Winter, Opal 11

Expanding the refuse stockpile a bit, also making one for ammo/weapons.

Winter, Opal 17

Had those nesting boxes placed down, and the Pokemon swarmed to lay their eggs. Hope you enjoy...

Winter, Obsidian 13
I hear clanging scales coming from outside. That can only mean a Hakamo-o is readying itself for battle. Arceus help if its about to fight a Dwarf.

Winter, Obsidian 15

Reports of a death have come in, Tekkud had been beaten to death by the Hakamo-o. Who they've begun calling "Spinesdwelled". I guess something will have to be done about that... I've ordered the military to find the Hakamo-o. I won't be surprised if it puts up a fight, its not like they travel the world looking to train themself.

Winter, Obsidian 16

More clanging scales. Guess they found it.

Now I have to deal with this dead body... We don't have a place we can bury our dead, so I've designated a burial chamber a bit deeper down.

Winter, Obsidian 19

More fighting has been reported, this time Beirus' Steelix got in a fight with a Stantler and some others joined in. They brutalised it before leaving it. How cruel...

The rest of the month went along without a hitch, and spring is finally here. Overall, that wasn't so bad. But now I'm stuck in the same situation as Cole was a year ago when he chose me to do this job. I asked Atesh who would make the next best Overseer, and she recommended me to TheImmortalRyukan. One of our miners. I'm a bit unsure about her choice, but she assured me that they where a good choice for it. I guess that makes Ryukan the new Overseer.

Fort overview:

With my new room chosen, I move all my belongings in there. Its quite meager, but it will do. As slump down on my new bed, a great sense of relief comes over me, having finished my work as an Overseer. I won't mind taking a little break from everything before getting back to my research. There's more Pokemon to be discovered after all!

CURRENT POKEMON
(o) = Owned.

Hunting:
(o)(o)(o)(o)

War:
(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)

In training:
(o)(o)(o)

Untrained:
(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)
(o)(o)(o) (o)(o)(o)(o)
Vermin:
x5 x2 x4 x3 x3 x7

Dead:

I'll send you the file asap Ryukan.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2017, 06:42:08 am »

Chimchar, please. I would have liked that Fenniken, though. :( I was asleep...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2017, 08:40:20 am »

Will do update later AFTER my other two forts in which my turn is now... kinda funny
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2017, 08:43:17 am »

I'd like the wartortle for my turtle collection

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2017, 11:41:55 am »

A lovely saga by Phoenix. :) That Hakamo-o fight was fun to watch. And Ryukan, I hope you take good care of this fort!

I'd like to say; this is the very first community succession fort I've ever started and ever been in for that matter out of my 5 years of playing Dwarf Fortress, and I wanna say how happy I am that everyone seems to be having a good time, and the fort looks like it's flourishing. Thank you all so much! :D

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 30, 2017, 12:20:52 pm »

Oh, you want me to NOT screw over the next player....

quickly redownloads save to restart turn

Yeah, I can totally do that

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2017, 07:54:40 pm »

What did you do, Ryukan.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Won't be able to finish my turn today as i had planned, dad invited me over for the day to hang out, sorry dorfs, I'm on Sunner and will try to finish wednessday

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, Beirus gets the Muk? I requested any poison types like 2 pages ago.... :(

I'll take the next one though. Honestly, just make me any dwarf. Any non-military noble position please - broker or chief medical dwarf would be nice, broker especially.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 01:00:31 pm by Paddywagon Man »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27