Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27

Author Topic: The World of Dwarvemon - Succession Fortress of Pocketball (ENDED)  (Read 63707 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the World of Dwarvemon! - Succession Fortress of Pocketball
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2017, 07:46:31 am »

Give me your fire starters.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2017, 07:49:31 am »

But... But I like Braixen. :(

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2017, 07:52:30 am »

But... But I like Braixen. :(
Give them to me. You surrendered your right to the fire when I was named blacksmith.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2017, 09:02:47 am »

Darn, that stinks. :( Though maybe there's a way to increase the size of the creature...?

Also, nice update! You put me to shame for sure on the updates; everything was so clear and detailed it had me excited for every second! Also, sorry about the tight corridors as well as the... lack of mentioning the food stocks were low. I could have sworn I was building more fisheries, but I guess I must have forgot. Whoops.

Also, Asteth better not make things hard for you or I'll be arranging an 'unfortunate accident' with this masterwork chest I made. >:(

And yaaay, Mimikyu! (I gotta admit, I chuckled at the 'busted' Mimikyu for the dead sprite) If we can't catch it though, I'd gladly settle for the Braixen as a reading partner!...If it isn't already taken by one of the migrants.
Thanks, I was hoping that I didn't do too bad for my first time. Also the Braixen is taken. I'll go through and mark what Pokemon are owned.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Nopal

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2017, 11:45:36 am »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:34:36 pm by Nopal »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2017, 12:20:22 pm »

I WANT THAT LYCANROC! And maybe the Steelix too if it's not too greedy. I'll war train em. Going for a Ground/Rock/Steel/Dragon team.

Edit: Also, someone may have suggested this before, and maybe this should go in the mod thread, but what about making a Snag Glove ranged weapon to fire liquid "snag ball" globs that give a syndrome on contact to tame what it hits? Or a transformative syndrome to turn what it hits into an exact copy that is friendly? It would work for catching for hunters, who could be named Snaggers if desired, and allow catching enemy war pokemon.  I'm not super familiar with missing, but I thought I'd suggest it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 12:48:37 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2017, 06:16:20 pm »

Edit: Also, someone may have suggested this before, and maybe this should go in the mod thread, but what about making a Snag Glove ranged weapon to fire liquid "snag ball" globs that give a syndrome on contact to tame what it hits? Or a transformative syndrome to turn what it hits into an exact copy that is friendly? It would work for catching for hunters, who could be named Snaggers if desired, and allow catching enemy war pokemon.  I'm not super familiar with missing, but I thought I'd suggest it.
Unfortunately syndromes or interactions cant make a creature tame/friendly directly. The only plausible way for adventurers at least, is to make them able to speak and change their personality to make them want to join you.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2017, 09:41:20 pm »

One would think Pokemon would be very simple to add to the game, and really, it's not. That's why my hat is very much off to Phoenix.
Now implement base stats, EVs and IVs

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2017, 09:53:35 pm »

One would think Pokemon would be very simple to add to the game, and really, it's not. That's why my hat is very much off to Phoenix.
Did that like 2 updates ago (besides EVs, but you can count that as skill gain I guess).

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2017, 10:02:50 pm »

Did that like 2 updates ago (besides EVs, but you can count that as skill gain I guess).
Seriously? Damn, that's awesome.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2017, 10:07:24 pm »

Seriously? Damn, that's awesome.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not for those with an attack stat of 5.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2017, 01:38:43 am »

Once again Glass and Beirus came up asking about having some Pokemon, followed along with Cole. Glass seemed adamant on wanting all the Fire type starters, telling Cole they where forfeit to him. Unfortunately, they are already owned. Hope he's not too angry. Beirus also wanted to train the new Lycanroc and Steelix. I gladly let him since Lycanroc's speed and Steelix's size and strength would make great additions to the military.

Another look over the stock reports shows we still have plenty of raw Pokemon waiting to be prepared.

At least we wont be short of food now, as long as we don't over fish too much.

Summer, Hematite 4

Expanding the workshops a bit, also allowing for more room and a way deeper. Maybe I'll put a stone stockpile for the masons.

Summer, Hematite 9

The new depot is almost ready for use. There's a stockpile for things to sell nearby. I'll have the bridge operational soon hopefully, so we can finally get rid of those doors.

Summer, Hematite 10

Beirus has done well in training his new Pokemon.

Well... This should be a seasonal thing. I hope...

Summer, Hematite 11

That Mimikyu wondered off. Hope Cole isn't too sad about that.

A wild Pidgeotto was caught! I looked around for any information regarding their taming, and found none... There's a lot regarding its evolution, Pidgeot, but none for a Pidgeotto? Guess someone must have left them back at the mountain homes... Looks like some new ones will have to be written up.

Summer, Hematite 13

The Humans seem to have taken more interest then what our Library has to offer their Scholars. They bring a caravan full of goods. With a Gogoat and Skiddo assisting them.

Astesh will greet them whilst I look over the supplies. Some rock crafts have also been ordered, that should clean the place up of some loose stone lying around.

Ah, more water types. A Primarina and Wartortle. I'll get Astesh to trade for them, she's more the people person than I am (and she can actually appraise). That Primarina should lighten up the place with its singing.

Whilst I detest the skinning of Pokemon, we do kinda need leather. So I had Astesh get us some. From what I can identify, it seems they have access to a number of water Pokemon, so hopefully we can get some Pokemon from the sea.

Also, since we are out of meat, I had some bought for us along with some Moomoo cheese. It won't last long, but it might make a few happy.

Two Scholars where not too far behind them. Kinda rude to not wait for them.

Summer, Hematite 17

Congrats again Astesh. Clearly the people love you.

I also set up a few smaller, seperate farms. In case we get anything else we want to grow. Also made a place for seeds, since they are cluttering up the food stockpile.

Summer, Hematite 19

This place is pretty maze like, so I planned to have this bit of wall dug out. It should make things a bit easier.

And it obviously shows when they decided to walk all the way around and dig from the opposite side...

Summer, Hematite 25

With a number of female Pokemon running around, we could make some nesting boxes for them to lay eggs in. We currently don't have any pairs we could breed, but there was a suggestion of having them as food. That's outrageous! but if the people want it, then I suppose... It must be...

On the topic of food. We have ample supply now, so why not make something more fancy? I'm sure someone can whip up a nice dish with all the seeds we have.

Summer, Malachite 8

Got a stone stockpile for other stone, now the masons wont have to lug it as far. Also got some siege workshops ready to set up. I'm not too knowledgeable in the art of siege, so maybe someone else could think of a good use for such machines.

Summer, Malachite 12

The Humans will be off soon. They mentioned that they might bring along more Pokemon next year. Hopefully unique ones.

Summer, Malachite 15
My these biscuits are great.

Certainly knew the cooks could make something from all these seeds.

Summer, Malachite 24

Ah, welcome new comers!
Huh... Not as many this time, but welcome none the less!

Summer, Galena 1

The bridge is ready! Now we should be a bit more secure.

Also ordered some various crafts, since people are starting to idle around a bit.

Summer, Galena 5

It just dawned on me that we don't really have a place to eat. So I laid out plans for some dining tables. We got all this room to meet, but nowhere to eat.

(Currently don't have enough tables/chairs, will be made soon tho.)

And such a masterpiece deserves to be used at the new dining area for all to admire.

Summer, Galena 18

Some Igglybuff wonder around the new dining room. No idea how they got there, but I'll have to see what draws them there (Pokemon must also admire masterworks its totally not because its sand there).

Summer, Galena 19

What? Glass' Charmander and Cole's Bulbasaur are evolving!

Congratulations! Your Charmander evolved into Charmeleon, and your Bulbasaur into Ivysaur.

Summer, Galena 21

Well. Erm. Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Summer, Galena 24

Snagged another Pidgeotto. I've asked anyone willing enough to try and train them.

Of course... At least we got a few facts down now.

I might start to like this whole "Overseer" thing. Alas, I have to get back to my own research soon.

I think we're good for drinks now, seems that there is a lot of wine to be had.

Not that I mind, I've heard its better then booze anyway.

CURRENT POKEMON
(o) = Owned.

Hunting:
(o)(o)(o)

War:
(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)

In training:
(o)(o)

Untrained:
(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)(o)
Vermin:
x6 x2 x7 x6 x2

Dead:

Quick question: Would people prefer updates monthly or just seasonally? Honestly, it would allow people more of a chance to ask for Pokemon and stuff and react to anything that's going on. The Pokemon summery can be at the end of every season.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 03:14:04 am by FirePhoenix11 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2017, 06:23:20 am »

:D
One Pidgeotto, please!

EDIT: The water mermaid seal thing, too.
EDIT2: And the Tepig.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:46:06 pm by Glass »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2017, 11:31:08 am »

Diary of RedMageCole - Entry 1
Professor Phoenix has been doing a great job on everything; it constantly reminds me that I'm a mess when it comes to leading, but ah well, good to have it fixed in the end, right? Had I known about Phoenix digging out a shortcut between the animal stockpiles and the entrance, I would have said something about saying that's in case a Pokemon reverted to its wild state, it wouldn't immediately go into the main area and start mauling civilians, but I'll just tell Phoenix about that later and I'm sure something better can be done.

I decided to pitch in a bit and look at the food stores, and... my god, I found four Wooper corpses there...! I paniced and asked a passerby dwarf why there were Woopers there, and he groaned and told me that they were food. Woopers as food? They don't look like fish, though... then again, Pokemon in general don't really look like fish; the fishery workers just manage to make fried Poliwag look good. Hopefully it'll be the same with those Wooper...

Also, no more Mimikyu, which I was sad about... until Bulbasaur evolved! Yess! Only a little more until she's a Venusaur! I'm extremely proud! She's good company at least; everyone stopped coming to my library once Phoenix built the dining room, since... all people used the library for was eating. At least I don't have to pick up scraps of Mudkip bone, but... sigh. At least Ivysaur's with me. There is the the occasional human scholar, though; they're good company, but they came to ponder the one book we have, not talk to me. I'm lonely.

And I don't really count the kids playing around in the library.

I got distracted, though; the true purpose of this diary is that I've been working on something. Something that I've been trying desperately to make and research. That's what this is all about; research. I'm an astronomer at heart, but the secret to evolution has piqued my interest. Phoenix tells me that it's impossible from most angles, but I'm gonna find one way or another so Phoenix can focus on the meat of the Pokemon World.

No one says it's gonna be easy, let alone possible, but I'm willing to give it a try. Besides, I want to level my skill in !!SCIENCE!! anyways.

Lovely update as usual, Phoenix!

EDIT - I like seasonal updates, but it's up to everyone!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 12:34:12 pm by RedMageCole »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2017, 04:25:27 pm »

Also, I know my diary was just a thing to show that I'm having a little fun with Dwarvemon (hope Phoenix doesn't mind me tinkering with it, don't worry I won't like rip it off or anything) but I can just imagine the diaries of other dwarves in this fort.

Glass's diary of building 15 different weapons and yelling at people.
Nopal's diary of being the military commander trying to get these morons to actually train and stop fooling around.
Phoenix's diary of trying to put up with the constant ridiculous abuse of Pokemon as well as everyone screaming at a constant rate at each other.

Fun times.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 27