Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: The World of Dwarvemon - Succession Fortress of Pocketball (ENDED)  (Read 63649 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

XCOM GIVE IT TO YA!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile

Also thanks for the compliments on my library. <3

Nopal

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:55:48 pm by Nopal »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nopal, your art brings a tear of joy to my eye. No bigger honor could exist. Especially seeing your tiny self drenched in blood looking so proud.

And thanks! I promise though. The next update is gonna be even more nice.

Or, you could say...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nopal, your art brings a tear of joy to my eye. No bigger honor could exist. Especially seeing your tiny self drenched in blood looking so proud.

And thanks! I promise though. The next update is gonna be even more nice.

Or, you could say...

OOOOOOOOHHHH SHIIIITT.
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:21:43 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spring, Granite 5

Thankfully, the elf murdering was kept on the hush hush thanks to the roaring popularity of my library. I was even recommended to be a Pokemon Professor alongside FirePhoenix11; a great honor!

Of course, that's gonna have to wait until after I'm done telling MCreeper to calm down.

Also, the hospital doesn't have boxes, so the dwarves have to carry everything for 15 miles which can cause death. I rectify this.

Spring, Granite 7

Feeling as if that necromancer has overstayed its welcome, I prepare the troops, which I've given cooler Pokemon-related names. You're welcome, Paddywagon Man.

Also, it seems as if Professor FirePhoenix11 has given up on the whole being disturbed by killing Pokemon thing.

Spring, Granite 10

PULL THE LEVER, KRONK!

...Wrong lever?

Upon further inspection, Paddywagon Man must have put extra walls around the bridges so that the necromancer didn't destroy us. I have the fortifications torn down and the bridges demolished whenever possible.

But I do keep the fortifications inside so the marksdwarves can pick him off easily.

Spring, Granite 13

Our resident Gengar got sick of waiting for the walls to be torn down, so he just popped in and confused the necromancer.

Gotta say, it's pretty fun watching a fearsome ruler of the night run around wetting himself.

Also, cowards!

Looks like I'm going with Plan C; ambush the fucker from below. Plan B of ambushing him from above didn't go well, unfortunatly; water was in the way. We could have drowned him, but if he still has his necromancy book, I want it in my library.

Spring, Granite 16

Looking forward to this one.

Also, welcome to the Master-Ball!

Area's not done yet, wanna show it off when it's done. Don't wanna see the bride before the wedding, right?

Oh, and elf caravan is here. Thankfully, I don't think they heard the news yet.

Spring, Granite 19

They had a Dugtrio and pretty much nothing else. A bunch of wooden garbage, mostly. God, I'm tempted to tell them I slaughtered their diplomat.

Also, not bad. Should be a fine work of art for the library.

Spring, Granite 20

C'mere, you...

Spring, Granite 21

THE NECROMANCER IS FREED! Go, dwarves! Get me that book!

No mercy, dickmunch!

He attempts to escape, only to realize that his cell is a dead end. With no corpses to help him, he's pretty much doomed.

Our newly dorfed Taupe stands boldly against the necromancer, shooting him in the face repeatedly with no mercy, not even waiting for comrades. What a trooper.

Pincer attack, motherfucker! The entire military is coming together to take down this one necromancer!

Spring, Granite 21

Ding, dong, the witch is dead!

Asshole didn't have his book on him, but ah well. Satisfying to know we killed the menace once and for all!

Full battle log:

Okay, Paddywagon, you get respect from me back. I mean, for Armok's sake, look!

She (he? Paddywagon Man would suggest a male but Paddywagon is referred to as 'baroness'. Hm.) kicked him in the balls so hard that his entire crotch exploded. That's like death by snu snu without the snu snu. Hot damn, Paddywagon.

Spring, Granite 21

Back to business. Since we're getting more visitors and probably even more with our grandiose library-to-be, I carve out some more rooms for visitors.

Spring, Granite 24

Oh no

Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no

OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO

Oh yes!

OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO OH NO

THOSE ARE NOT POKEMON THOSE ARE ABOMINATIONS

WHAT DO WE DO

Thankfully, after extensive checking, it appears that HFS just loaded, we didn't actually pierce it. So, to all future rulers; DO NOT PIERCE THE HFS. WE ARE NOT ARCHCRYSTALS. WE CAN NOT BE ARCHCRYSTALS. REMEMBER WHAT I AM SAYING TO YOU.

It's kind of funny watching them. "EARL, WHY CAN WE NOT MAKE IT INTO THE DWARVEN DOMAIN?" "BECAUSE THEY HAVEN'T ACTUALLY REACHED US, SIR." "DOES ANYONE HAVE A COPPER PICK???"

Spring, Granite 24

...So, you guys know how I said we didn't pierce it?

Uh... haha...

...Just kidding?

Boardupeverythingboardupeverythingboardupeverythingdammit-

I have little to no knowledge of how the hell this underground system works, so I'm trying to find all possible exits, but god damn there are too many-

Thankfully, they- no don't Jynx it until they're blocked in...

I'm currently blocking off any and all possible exits. I even try to patch up where the magma sea is opened. Those demons are not getting in this damn fort!

Also, everyone's freaking out about an Eelektrik, but that is honest to Armok the least of our problems.

WILL SOMEONE FINISH THE DAMN WALL, PLEASE?!

Spring, Slate 5

At a cost, we sealed off one of the two known entrances for the demons. And just in the nick of time too; it looked like they were breaking the door down...

Rigoth Ellestoltar, a potash maker. He may have just saved the world with his own sacrifice. Noble dwarf, may you rest in peace.

NO, YOU FUCKING IDIOT! YOU'RE BRINGING THEM OVER HERE!

Spring, Slate 6

The demon lost interest in the moronic architect and the wall was finished.

Thank fucking Armok... We're past that ordeal. I'm gonna continue sniffing out possible entrances, but those are the main two, and a bunch of demons were nearing them... that was quite honestly the scariest moment I've ever had.

I forgot if I said I was because I'm in such a damn panic, but I'm destroying the magma forges and smelters because whoever built them forgot to put a floor under them so we don't get fucked in the ass by demons. They're swimming around the magma sea... they haven't discovered that entrance yet, but it's only a matter of time if we don't board it up...

Also, whenever I get an 'Interrupted by a' message, my heart freezes up only to find out it's that eelektrik. I'm just getting the military to kill the damn thing.

Spring, Slate 7

NO! PROFESSOR!

They can fucking go through walls?! This is really fucking bad; I just hope the specters are the only ones who can pass through walls, but even so, that's bullshit and I'm also goddamn terrified now.

No. They don't go through walls.

Whoever built the damn staircase forgot to make the last one an up staircase! They're coming for us; get the hell moving!

Damn it, Professor... This is all my fault...

One funny screenshot for the road?

Spring, Slate 9

Crisis averted... for now.

That was the entire underground being blocked off. Everyone who was down there is now stuck down there. All of the Pokemon, all of the dwarves, even Professor FirePhoenix11's corpse. I just hope he's an actual Phoenix who will come back... if not, I'll have a masterwork statue carved in his honor.

For now, I can't bear this pain. It's too much, knowing how Phoenix was trapped down there thinking we were safe... it's all my fault. All my fault.

I can't go on like this. I'm sorry. Armok forgive me.

I never meant for any of this to happen.

*RECORD SCRATCH*

Spring, Slate 10

Yep, that's me, you're probably wondering how I got in this situation. Well, let me tell you.

Other guy was an imposter. The Professor was also an imposter; he's just fine and kicking.

Ha, and demons? What demons? Everything's fine! We just don't go too far underground because we just got kind of sick of the Geodudes living down there. Crazy, huh? Anyways, moving on!

No, okay, you saw what happened. Okay, so I fucked up and pierced the HFS. Thankfully, crisis should be averted for now, but we're going to need a new tunnel to get back to underground operations. We lost a lot; to name the main things, we lost Paddywagon's Gulpin tomb, we lost our adamantine plant as well as adamantine already down there, and we lost our magma forges. We also lost access to the caves. Haven't gone back to play yet due to the large update here, so I'm asking; what the hell do we do now? I don't know how strong demons are, so I have no idea if our military is capable of taking them down. My idea right now is to try and reclaim some sections that are far away from the magma sea, like Paddywagon's tomb, keeping the demons at bay with the door, and try to build a wall (if the dwarves would all actually go and work on the damn thing ASAP) to prevent them from getting in. Or we could attempt the Archcrystals route and truly fight back then colonize HFS in a blaze of glory. Either way, I refuse to be the last overseer. I will not let my fortress die by my hands.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From what I've heard, the best armor is steel armor under and an adamantine robe over. I'm not sure that's an option, though, so I'm not sure how to help you. :/
Sorry. I don't actually play DF.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

Robe?
Oh, remembered that cloth in new versions actually gives protection. Why not adamntine armor + robe, then?  ;D

Well, how exactly all this demons look like?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:21:07 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Robes give 100% coverage, so adamantine robes mean there's nothing cuts or pierces. The underlying steel armor blocks the rest (i.e. blunt damage, which is left over).

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

Just checked:
Adamantine robe deflects heavy strike with steel axe.
Adamantine robe deflects heavy strike with adamantine axe.
Adamantine robe deflects heavy strike with adamantine axe by legendary axedwarf.
Adamantine breastplate gives the same results (does it cover neck? robe does), but it just ridiculius. Robe is CHEAPER then armor, dammit, but still gives perfect protection from cutting damage.
And piersing. And god-damned thing covers legs, excluding feet. Sadly(or happily?  ;D ) you never can know against whic kind of damage your dwarf will fight against, he-he.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 01:48:21 pm by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just checked:
Adamantine robe deflects heavy strike with steel axe.
Adamantine robe deflects heavy strike with adamantine axe.
Adamantine robe deflects heavy strike with adamantine axe by legendary axedwarf.
Adamantine breastplate gives the same results (does it cover neck? robe does), but it just ridiculius. Robe is CHEAPER then armor, dammit, but still gives perfect protection from cutting damage.
100% coverage. Only for robes.
Adamantine robes over steel armor. I'm not the one to come up with it; someone else cleared the initial hellrush with it.
!!Science!!. It works, bitches.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

A two off-topic questions, both about masterwork mod on 34 version:
1. Dragon attacked me, get in the fortress and sit in narrow corridor near main staircase. I sent my semi-non existent militart to kill it, and it just happened to habe mage of earth, that can give themselces earth shield. Mage noticed the dragon, activated shield, and charged to gim. First blow of dragonfire made all his body parts brown,  but he remained alive and conscious. He get a bit closer to the dragon, but second blow evaporated him. Questions:
A - Does dragonfire gets a bit colder on it's edge?
B - If not, can this dwarf get heated by first blow, but not enough to get killed, then get evaporated by second?

2. There are bug of some kind - sometimes i get a "deity" visit my fort. It appears with werecrature-like announcement, either from stealth or not, labeled as 'friendly", but still cause job cancellations. Firat time it was cyclopus-lile creature in dwarven fort, second time - "it looks like mighty human warrior with pointy eara and his eyes glowing with otherworldly fire' or something like this. What the heck is this?
Rest of the sigs

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aw man, my arena! Well, we got some good combat training in while it lasted. The corpses in front of him were just too mangled to raise any more, but you could have put out some fresh ones.

Or, if the purpose was getting the book, you could have just checked the necromancer's inventory!

Great update though, shame about the casualties and the lost ground, but I'm sure we can rebuild. Glad you liked my tomb!

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also... please don't try to fight the demons. Not yet at least. We would be massacred.

I would recommend setting up a galvantula trap - put a galvantula in some fortifications (like my arena) in the middle of a trapped room. That will weed out all the non-webbing demons, and the ones with webs can be taken out with a cave-in once the non-webbers have been caged or dismembered by traps.

The caves and my tomb are both sort of low-priority but getting the adamantine back is a must, so it would certainly be nice to kill those demons off
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27