Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27

Author Topic: The World of Dwarvemon - Succession Fortress of Pocketball (ENDED)  (Read 63661 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

Don't very want to take a turn just after one other's turn. Anyone else?
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile

Ok, dammit, if no one claims the save until tomorrow, i will do.
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile

Patience, MCreeper. Patience.
If not, I will do the turn. Do a revisiting of the fort and all. It'd also help me motivate to update the front page.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

This may be the single most hilarious mod ive ever seen.

Also is that mareep still around? the mareep line is my favorite of all, if you are still ...dwarfing? people.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You'll have to check with the next overseer, whoever that may be! But you will certainly be dorfed!

Speaking of overseer, what do you guys think we should do? Should we keep waiting in hopes that one of our dorfs or someone else wants to be overseer, or should someone already having their turn taken take up the torch? And if so, who? (Though if none come forward with ideas, I think it'd be most fair to go by who had their turn last; Me, then Phoenix, etc.)

Also, it may not be links, but I updated the first post with Nopal's glorious art and Zefer's quote. It's something, okay?

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, it may not be links, but I updated the first post with Nopal's glorious art and Zefer's quote. It's something, okay?
I'm touched. I would've finished my turn if my computer didn't cook hotdogs at the same time as I played games.
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Opened the save file, and I got to see that:
  • my Ivysaur (or did it evolve into a Venusaur) died
  • there are a metricton of Pokemon going untamed (though there's a nice Totem Mimikyu)
  • one of you motherelfers disabled my library
  • THERE'S A NECROMANCER IN THE MIDST.
This ought to be a fun update to write up if I got the honors.

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I was playing (before the great frying) the necromancer was just..static, despite the dead body right in front of him. I think it's because he is trapped by (I think) drawbridges. If he has his book we can keep it for our own.
"Men! On my count!"

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, the necromancer wont bother anybody unless you pull the lever in the dining room directly north of the arena.

Sorry about the library. I had to disable all the locations during the undead attack because the pokemon were just hanging out there instead of fighting, and I guess I missed that one when I was reactivating them.

That also reminds me - I also disabled the dump designations in the arena and refuse stockpile temporarily to speed up the dwarves clearing junk out of my awesome tomb. Once they finish just remove that designation and re-enable the more important ones.

EDIT - Also, I'm fine with the idea of older overseers redoing turns. I know I'd be happy to oversee again after a few years have passed.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 11:28:52 am by Paddywagon Man »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the info! My dwarf will cheer up once he gets it reactivated, though he'll need to keep out of it for a bit to train the Totem Mimikyu. :)
Turn should come later in the day! Stay tuned!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Or the turn would have come if my day wasn't filled with garbage upon garbage. :(

Turn should hopefully come tomorrow! Though in a way, stalling for time is good; gives us more time to find future overseers.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Winter, Obsidian 31

I got it! I finally got it!

After looking through a massive Pokedex that was brought upon by all corners of the world thanks to our faithful library, I have been able to narrow down the possibility of the very first Pokemon in existence thanks to extensive research! There can only be four possibilities.

Bulbasaur, Rhydon, Mew, and Arceus.

Naturally, my bias inclines me towards Bulbasaur, my faithful companion, but I had to keep an open mind. So which was it? Which was it? What-

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. Then a large bang as the door fell off of its hinges. I looked with a very dirty look at the entrance; it was Zefermcdwarfpants, looking very confused as to why I was there. I looked right back at Zefer with my own look of confusion; the dwarf seemed to be cooked like a hot dog. Before I could ask questions, they spoke.

"Listen, I need you to oversee the fort for me."

I adjusted my glasses.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah, look, I'll go back to overseeing, but right now, I got my own problems to deal with. Nobody else wants to take over the fort, so it's your problem again. Why are you even still in here? This library's a wreck since Paddywagon closed the place down and forgot about it."

Now that Zefer had mentioned it, I was wondering why nobody had been coming to the library. Indeed, it seemed to be completely abandoned. I groaned.

"Damn it, Paddywagon..."

"You don't wanna say that, or threaten him. Paddywagon's the Baron."

I immediately spit out my drink.

"Who recommended Paddywagon!? I should be the one who's actually royalty!"

Zefer just shrugged at me.

"Rumor has it that Paddywagon had the Mayor threatened with a hammering, but that's just what I hear."

"Lovely."

I rolled my eyes.

"But whatever, I'll take the fort again.

"Thanks. Oh, and..."

Zefer looked at me with a rather strange face. Not sure what it meant.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Good luck out there."

With his vague words, he quickly propped the door back up on its hinges as I collected my things and prepared for the work of an overseer. I hadn't seen the outside of the fort for quite some time, so I'm looking forward to seeing how my beloved fort has grown and prospered in the years I was busy.

Spring, Granite 1

There was once a legendary tale of a fortress worse than HFS itself in another world. When I read about it, I was so intrigued as to why anyone would subject themselves to some hellspawn of a fortress like it. Many have heard of its tales, and I'm sure those who read my log have heard plenty about it as well. It was called... Koganusān. And quite honestly, I was perplexed by it. But now, I can kind of understand what must have went on in those dwarven heads as they had to look at their garbage dump of a fortress. To quote Ral Swaeringen, the fifth ruler of this fortress's first words upon seeing this fortress...

What

The

Fuck.

Everyone was screaming. Everyone. I could hear a few 'necromancer's, a few 'wild Pokemon's, a few 'Tauros corpse's, and most of all, something about a badger in our water supply. Weird enough that we had a water supply like a bunch of civilized people, but what the shit was a badger? I looked through my Pokedex; nothing out of all of the 802 existing were even close to being named Badger. All I knew was, when I went to get some water (which apparently, we have a water tower now, I don't know why MCreeper didn't just decide we were fine with drinking out of the river like proper dwarves), some thick white stuff came out of the tap. I heard the thing shot webs, but I was not taking any chances; I immediately dumped it and proceeded to throw the cup against the wall. That was my favorite cup, too. I'm just gonna stick to booze, even if I'm somehow bleeding to death. I asked if I could see what this thing was, exactly, but all I got were some crude sketches, my favorite being Nopal's which I subsequently hung up in the library in respect. Speaking of those crude sketches, did I mention most of our military was running around with no upper lip? I don't even want to know what that's all about.

And what was this about a necromancer?! Okay, maybe there was a necromancer close to the embark point, but those guys just wanna sit there and jack off in their towers with their priceless books! Oh, but maybe if I got that necromancer's book, the library would truly be a world-class area... thinking about it, I want that to be my first project; making the library grandiose. It's the least I deserve from having to deal with all of this garbage.

I try to survey what I know of the fort. There were conveniences added to the design, but holy hell was it cluttered. To be fair, that was my fault, but the stockpile of captured Pokemon; it was ridiculous. Nothing was getting tamed. Frustrated, I drafted a bunch of dwarves to become Trainers. We need some of these things to be trained. Notably, this giant Mimikyu. He's precious and he's going to be mine, and Ryukan or Glass can't ruin it for me this time. I'm making some goddamn changes around here.

I survey the Pokemon we have, and note that my Venusaur was owned by Paddywagon Man. God damn it, he takes my potential Barony role and steals my Venusaur from me?! This can't stand; this must not stand! I might have to find a way to deal with Paddywagon Man later.

Armok knows nobody was doing anything either. I wanted to put on a bunch of new trainers so we can get some of these Pokemon trained, but everyone was 'storing items in stockpiles' which who knows what they're stockpiling anyway. Then I see it.

One of the previous asshole Overseers set two catapults to be fired at will into some hole. I don't know what the hell the purpose is other than to train paltry levels in siege operating, but I told them to stop it because everyone seemed to be hauling the stone back into the stockpile. Also, I don't know who did this, but I'm going to blame Paddywagon for it because Paddywagon has been the source of my woes lately.

As I'm exploring the bedrooms, I find the necromancer everyone's been freaking out about; trapped in some arena of sorts. If Paddywagon is responsible for this, I'll at least say this idea kicks ass, but at the same time, I want that necromancer's book. He's not even doing anything with the corpses, so I might just annihilate him when I can set up a bum rush. For now, though, there are more important things to be done.

Like seeing my new bedroom; didn't even know I had one, I just mostly slept in the library!

Really? That's it, Paddywagon Man?! I don't even know if you were the one who made the bedrooms, but I'm still blaming you for this. After my survey of the area, I'm doing my first project; making a library. But I'm also going to be making myself a better damn room in that library. For now, I just give it up to charity.

Look at all of these Pokemon. Why are there so many untamed Pokemon? I immediately schedule for them to be trained by anyone unless anyone requests. But I do decide to train that Totem Mimikyu. It's a Mimikyu with flair and I want it. The least I can do is have myself a Mimikyu when I don't have my Venusaur anymore. :(

But for now, meet the design of the new library. I entered a strange mood and had this strange image of something called a Master Ball in my head; something used to capture Legendary Pokemon. Thus, I had to make the design of it the new library. Plus, the little lumps on the top are going to be my room.

Also, what the fuck?! We struck ADAMANTINE?! Just how much did I miss?!

I indeed go down and find our adamantine mine. Sweet Armok, that's delicious. Of course, whoever was mining it decided that just because there was 'warm stone', it was too scary to mine. Well, I'll be the judge of that! I have an adamantine stockpile built quickly so that we can store it just in case shit does hit the fan. But for now, we're gonna dig deeper. DEEPER.

Nobody else went with my policy of 'make all of the peasants miners', so I draft all of the peasants as miners. Except for one militia captain who was a peasant; guy called himself Taupe. Had some kind of obsession with Mareep, so I let him have the stray Mareep. Would make a nice war companion.

Spring, Granite 2

Damn it, Paddywagon Man, how did you even find the paint to make that shit look like a Gulpin?! Fine, I'll let you have this one. Jesus, I don't know how this whole thing can get any more-

Let's see what happens.

GET HIM! GET HIM! LET NO ELF LEAVE ALIVE!

EAT HIS INNARDS AND I MIGHT LET YOU KEEP YOUR DUMBASS TOMB, PADDYWAGON!

YES! SUCK ON THAT, YOU PANSY SUDOWOODO HUGGING ELF! I WILL FEED YOUR GENITALIA TO THE BADGER LIVING IN OUR WATER TOWER!!!

Spring, Granite 3

I woke up in the hospital with one hell of a migraine. I expected the old 'slipped on an ice cube and fell down the mines' explanation, but Nopal came in and told me I had at least 50 beers and ordered the elven diplomat dead. Damn it, all that racial sensitivity training went to waste. Well, hopefully the elves won't question a diplomat missing and the whole fort won't condemn my actions.

I better take a break.

Though I did get one notable thing done; a new entry in the Pokedex.

#803 Uker Unnosad
Badger Pokemon
Normal/Dragon
Height - 7'11
Weight - 420 lbs

Uker is known for its need to slaughter every dwarf in sight. It takes the form of a badger that excretes webbing, or so we hope to Armok that's webbing. It has a strange fondness for water towers, often seen trying to hump them in order to reproduce.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 04:24:23 pm by RedMageCole »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile

Sir, I applaud you for your awesomesauce.

Also... you discovered a new pokemon. *wink*
Doesn't that entitle you to the noble title of "professor"? *nudge*
Y'know, the one second only to the King? *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Amazing library design is amazing

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door. Then a large bang as the door fell off of its hinges. I looked with a very dirty look at the entrance; it was Zefermcdwarfpants, looking very confused as to why I was there."

Knock knock, open up the door, it's real
Wit the non-stop, pop pop and stainless steel!
"Men! On my count!"
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 27