Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Picture War Factions, (5/10) (OOC/Assignments)  (Read 2077 times)

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Picture War Factions, (5/10) (OOC/Assignments)
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 10:01:23 am »

It happened. Paint.Net isn't letting me save PNGs at ALL anymore. The image I'm trying to save is 50 pixels tall and 82 pixels wide and it won't save as anything other than PDN. You know what, I'm going to try something else.

Found a way around it, albeit an awkward one. I have to screenshot the image in PDN and then port that screenshot over to paint and crop out all the Paint.Net bits.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:28:32 am by Failbird105 »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 10:58:27 pm »

It happened. Paint.Net isn't letting me save PNGs at ALL anymore. The image I'm trying to save is 50 pixels tall and 82 pixels wide and it won't save as anything other than PDN. You know what, I'm going to try something else.

Found a way around it, albeit an awkward one. I have to screenshot the image in PDN and then port that screenshot over to paint and crop out all the Paint.Net bits.
Did ya try reinstalling paint.net?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2017, 06:39:47 am »

Yep. Didn't do much. Even updated it.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2017, 06:43:19 am »

Does it save in bmp or other formats?

Edit: just noticed that you said it doesn't let you save in other formats. Maybe you should try a different editor.

BTW, is my update in the IC readable?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 06:50:35 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 10:40:01 am »

Yes, very readable, slightly off somehow, but I cant complain given how my pdf lost so much on compression to imgur.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 04:34:27 am »

I would like the other people to present their factions.

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 09:08:44 am »

Count me in! I will be using the race I created for the other pixel wars, got an idea for a background story suiting the given scenario already.
edit: Forget that, I think this would be too RP-heavy for me, and I get bored quickly by those. I will rather watch this instead of taking part of it.

What exactly happens if you try to save something? Does it give you an error? Or do you simply have nothing but PDN (whatever that is) as an option? Maybe there is another save function? GIMP for example has a save option to save pictures with all their layers and stuff as a .xcf file (basically a project file) and then there is the "export" function to save as whichever format you want. I think paint.net could have something like that as well, because PDN looks like it could be that mentioned project file, just for Paint.Net (PaintDotNet...PDN).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:11:57 am by Asgarus »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 03:11:50 am »

As much as I want this to work, it won't until all the other people who signed up post. If nobody does than I will take another shot at the PW Factions, in a different way (little Roleplaying more strategy)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 03:47:27 am »

So... We have to make our own factions and units, pixel by pixel, to use in this? As awesome as that sounds to me, I can't do that sort of ging, since I've no idea how. I would be overjoyed to join, however, if I had some way of knowing how to make an army and edit it in.
Sign me up for now please. Also, if you want some help roleplaying, I would love to help!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 03:52:52 am »

So... We have to make our own factions and units, pixel by pixel, to use in this? As awesome as that sounds to me, I can't do that sort of ging, since I've no idea how. I would be overjoyed to join, however, if I had some way of knowing how to make an army and edit it in.
Sign me up for now please. Also, if you want some help roleplaying, I would love to help!
Awesome, however I think I will be retrying this thing again in another thread with better preparation. If you want to help with the design for the new faction game than we can discuss in PM's and maybe you can learn more about PW this way.

EpicJ

• Bay Watcher
  • "Drop the hemp wool sock!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 10:36:04 am »

My faction should be mostly done by the end of the week. Kinda busy so i can only work on it a little at a time.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2017, 10:59:30 am »

Sadness. I'm using Eskellon for 2.0 though!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 [2]