Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21520 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #585 on: November 16, 2017, 04:47:22 pm »

"Combat abilities not known to be above human baseline. Records on combat style are missing or nonexistent. Nobunaga has no known direct combat role. My database is out of date. . ." Iota trailed off, looking down for a moment.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:01:17 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 16, 2017, 05:08:53 pm »

"......hm. Do we have any other information? Did you see anyone else? A large man in golden armor with a spear?"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 22, 2017, 02:59:58 pm »

"Combat abilities not known to be above human baseline. Records on combat style are missing or nonexistent. Nobunaga has no known direct combat role. My database is out of date. . ." Iota trailed off, looking down for a moment.
"That's disappointing, but I guess it's more than I expected. Surprises are more fun, anyway."
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 28, 2017, 10:31:39 pm »

"..." The hulking, black dragon lurking near the back of the hall remained silent as the death it embodied, blocking out the idle chatter of it's supposed allies. Thus far none of the information suggested the Slayer's presence, but it knew full well he was here, somewhere. Even now, it's body and mind alike burned with the scars left from their previous engagement, almost as much it hungered for retribution. But there would be time for that, and Sitanas doubted it would be soon.

But it was only a matter of time...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 10:36:37 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 01, 2017, 07:06:16 pm »

Scrak actually laughs at the disrespect, then winces, clutching at his wounds.  "You think a Druid is no threat?  Hahahahaha-Ow!  Hahahahahaha!  Oh, yes, give us some way of recording our battles and sharing them later!  Please!  Oh, this is going to be even better than hearing of her defeat secondhand.  Are you seriously underestimating a team of wandering adventurers?  Oh, you poor fool.  Bigger, badder men than you and I have died from less.

"Uh, they found me while I was still searching for the thing.  We've probably got a leak.  Seeing as I sure didn't know I could survive this until a few minutes ago, it ain't me.  Maybe little miss Arrogant Floater over there is laying it on a bit too thick?  'Specially with all that talk of helping the heroes get stronger in the name of a better fight.  Last time I heard that, the guy was secretly the enemy berserker's father, and plotting to train his kid up to take us out.

"...What's a musket?  Some kinda enchanted bow without arms?  Yeah, the arcane archer that blew the heads off a buncha my boys was using something like that, I think.  Didn't get a great look at it.  He was pretty far away, and I didn't want to risk my spyglass.  Those things are expensive, and this place ain't exactly the best for going shopping.

"Your description of that Nobunaga guy is pretty much spot on.  Probably is him, but your info is way out of date.  He was mixing it up on the front lines pretty good.  Nice to know what those headphones do.  Next time I see the bastard, I'll take 'em off him and then bang some metal shit together near his face.  Probably work better than what I tried last time."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 01, 2017, 07:22:10 pm »

"Then perhaps they had sensors in place, or drones surveilling the area. I do suggest we invest in some of that of course our, track their movements, get forward warning. The same may be said for more modern equipment. Binoculars at the very least will have helped our unfortunate comrade, as perhaps rifles would have as well. We need to pool our forces if a single one of us is to stand against an entire squad of their own, then we will need every edge we can get, not so suggest we try this again in future unless absolutely necessary.

We must ascertain what we lack, what they have, and how to counter both. Until then, I do sincerely doubt our chances fo victory."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 02, 2017, 11:23:59 am »

Thiyr looks amused at the concept that they might lose, more amused than concerned or irritated.
"Their chances of victory aren''t much higher than ours. We have numbers, and they know just as little as we do, if not less. You.....disappoint me with your lack of faith, brother mine. We can make do with what we have, and in any case we are not likely to get more. I will speak with Discord anyway, to alleviate your concerns. It is clear to me I will need to send out some of my own.....flock to assist you.

I already have two people in mind. The goal I wish to achieve anyway will require a far less covert touch, so none of you need volunteer.

And.....if I find that one of you has in fact betrayed us, I will deal with you myself. You are all sheep in the same flock; if a wolf is amongst us, the wolf must be taken out by the shepherd, no? Is there anything else? Discord requests my presence, and I am sure that some of you may wish to recuperate or consider your plans."

His eye is specifically on Scrak as he says the last part.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 10, 2017, 02:41:57 pm »

Fiends may no longer post.
All Champions may post again.

The Next Morning
The sun rises over a new day in your camp of sorts. Nothing from Ophelia yet, though she'll likely talk to you soon.

Most of you are probably still recuperating from yesterday or else getting up to things in the early morning light; perhaps talking to someone or other.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #593 on: December 10, 2017, 02:46:39 pm »

Nobunaga, for his part, always did his best to be an early riser despite a natural tendency to go to bed far later than most physicians would recommend; as a result, he was on a desperate hunt for some coffee at the moment, hair looking even more odd than usual.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 11, 2017, 02:10:22 am »

In his search through the mansion, it's possible that Nobunaga might have entered the dining room where they'd had the feast earlier. If this were the case, the tired weapons engineer would spot Florida in the room, ass upon the front of a chair seat, feet on the table, and back partially against the back of the chair, gun dangling from the back, and ripping (and, of course, eating) bites out of a loaf of bread at a thoroughly unhurried, casual pace.

He would possibly also notice that Florida's clothes (the same combat gear he'd been wearing yesterday) looked rather damp.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 02:21:49 am by Powder Miner »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 11, 2017, 02:17:05 am »

Kenta had already gotten himself changed out of his fight clothes and into a more casual set. Specifically he was wearing black jeans and a black tee with some fancy looking writing and hearts on it. Kenta was currently looking for a place to wash his shirts and maybe find some energy drinks. Energy drinks are quite nice.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #596 on: December 15, 2017, 03:10:46 pm »

Nobunaga started a bit. Not that it was shocking to see someone else awake - particularly a military man - but he'd been sort of zombie-walking along, not paying attention. "Oh-! Hello, Florida. . . I don't suppose you happen to know if Mircea has any coffee anywhere? You look rather more awake than I'm feeling."
GM of Trespassers V2.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 29, 2017, 07:38:19 am »

Tanis rises early, and looks for some nature.  Assuming he finds any, he meditates to renew his connection with his druidic magic.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 29, 2017, 12:27:26 pm »

Florida’s response was perhaps still slightly sleepy, but it certainly did sound like he was in a better mood than the engineer. ”Pfhhh, naw dude. I took a look earlier and I didn’t find anything so I kind of just went down to the baths and dunked myself in some cold water.” With one hand Florida shook some of his damp clothing to emphasize this, and with the other he brought his loaf of bread up to his mouth, taking another bite and chewing, before speaking. ”Less pleasant way to wake up, but ‘s all good.”

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #599 on: December 29, 2017, 05:59:56 pm »

"I see." He couldn't hide the disappointment in his voice. Florida's chosen alternative to the beverage baffled him - yes, cold water would wake you up, but wouldn't a cold shower or similar have the same effect without soaking his clothes through? - but he elected not to comment on it. "I feel like we were in the midst of a conversation at some point, but I can't quite remember what it was at the moment."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41