Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21550 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2017, 06:09:56 pm »

"Emperor of half the world, my brother in arms."
Mircea hears the next part of his quip, and he laughs even more.
"I LIKE the spirit of this one! I would kill to have more men like this back home!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2017, 06:21:12 pm »

Florida's eyebrows shoot right up his forehead at that first proclamation. "Half the world? Jeeesus Christ, that's a lot. Guess that makes a successful emperor. I'm pretty sure that where I come from, even the largest empire ever in history didn't reach that much. That's really something."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2017, 06:47:15 pm »

"Well, there are still records remaining of empires who thought they'd conquered the entire world simply for lack of knowing of foreign lands, or it could be a simple exaggeration. . . but such a thing would be terribly rude to say, especially to someone who's been so friendly thus far." The bounty hunter clasps his hands together and offers the emperor a deep bow. "Sasaki Nobunaga, former head of the defense engineering department of the Novus Orbis Librarium, at your service. I must say, you're a sight more pleasant than the current Imperator."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2017, 06:50:23 pm »

"Engineer, eh? You must be quite intelligent! Men like you are what the Empire needs. And.....well, it is no exaggeration, I can tell you so much- well, not by much. Our men have circumnavigated the world, and have indeed confirmed that my empire stretches half the world, whether ruled by myself or by my vassals!

Gary_S_Modd

• Bay Watcher
  • chaos...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2017, 07:11:17 pm »

Ntchito snickers slightly as he finally addresses the gold one. "Ha! half a world?! only HALF?!?!?!"
Ntchito was now almost falling over from laughing so hard. "I know several beings who are leaders of entire systems of planets! One half of one World?! That's hilarious!"
He took a moment to collect himself, "I technically owned a planet myself... even if it was just a junkyard... also not a big fan of empires..."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 07:21:03 pm by Gary_S_Modd »
~Gary S. Modd

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2017, 07:15:07 pm »

Mircea looks personally offended, not as if he has been insulted but as if you had insulted his family.
"You laugh, but understand nothing. A true emperor values more than just land and possessions. I value loyalty, and brothers, for brotherhood is a power in its own. If I had to choose between the half of the world I know and these planets, gladly I would forsake these planets for my brothers, for they know me and I know them better. You insult my Empire, you insult my brothers, my people and therefore my honor!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2017, 07:25:01 pm »

Florida turns a critical eye to Ntchito.
"You don't like empires, you say, as you mention people owning multiple planets. Doesn't quite match up, I think. How did you come to own this planet you speak of? Did you come in from slave and conquer it?"

Gary_S_Modd

• Bay Watcher
  • chaos...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2017, 07:36:05 pm »

At this, Ntchito's face contorts then he bursts into laughter again. "I'm... Sorry.... HAHA! I can't!"
"I really don't mean to offend you, but I find an empire so tiny to be quite fascinating! that and I am not a fan of anything that calls itself an 'Empire'... last one that had control of the galaxy nearly destroyed the natural balance of everything..."
He looked over to Florida, his mood changed quickly to a more serious one. "Its a long story... simply put, I was on the run from a small surviving portion of a once overpowering empire and had to find a place to disappear... turns out there is a junkyard world that is almost never visited and has almost no life to speak of... other than a few droids who managed to fix themselves up..."
~Gary S. Modd

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2017, 07:38:49 pm »

Bianca was already highly uncomfortable with her situation, and the escalating tensions among the otherworldly strangers wasn't helping. Bianca figured that if some deity was going to send her on some mission it probably would have done so by now.

Without saying a word, Bianca starts to walk away from the crowd.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2017, 07:42:34 pm »

Mircea looks even more offended by Ntchito, if anything.
"Do not compare me to a mere conqueror, slaving over scraps! I have sworn an oath, one that I bind myself by. I resolved never to start an unjust war, but never to end a legitimate one, except by defeating my enemies. Those who join my empire, join either willingly, or because they began the fight. And I ended it."
"Please, milord. It is not the time for conflict. Harmony will arrive shortly, and it would not appear auspicious to argue before her."
Ophelia speaks up calmly. Mircea breathes in, bowing his head apologetically at the maiden.
"My apologies, milady. My people are my brothers, and I will not suffer an insult to them, be it from an ally or an enemy."

Bianca finds her sleeve being tugged by Ryuko.
"H-hey, where are you going? Didn't you hear her? T-there's nothing for miles around here."

Gary_S_Modd

• Bay Watcher
  • chaos...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2017, 07:55:57 pm »

"I feel as though this discussion would best be saved for another time... and to answer the first half of your question, 'Florida' was it? Most of those systems are democracies, and their leaders are elected through either popular vote or through representative vote. The ones that are not democracies are controlled by the reminants of the Empire or controlled by the Hutt clan... I would love to wipe both out, but honestly they are more powerful then they at first appear... especially the Hutts... " Ntchito cringes as he says the name, then looks out toward the town.
"Anyway, who would like to join me in walking to those buildings over there? can't be too far, right?"
~Gary S. Modd

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2017, 07:59:28 pm »

Bianca adjusts the hood of her cloak to better cover her face with her free hand, then turns to face the person tugging at her sleeve. She calmly nods her head up and down; a gesture that indicates 'yes' from her homeworld. She then gently tugged her arm away from Ryuko.

For whatever reason, it seemed as though Bianca was inclined to take her leave of the area in spite of the things she has heard.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2017, 08:02:39 pm »

Sera is mostly staying back and listening - she could talk about her own world all she wanted later, but the worlds these people came from were quite interesting. An emperor of half his world, and from the sounds of it not a literally insane one? That's a bit odd to say the least. And the one guy, Florida, was from Earth, but she was pretty sure his world never got the Turning Point from the sounds of it. "Have either of you actually met this 'Harmony'?" Sera asks, after the argument dies down.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2017, 08:29:57 pm »

Avve was beginning to fully wake up by this point. Last he remembered, he was on a ship to the mainland..but he has no reason to be in some sort of..temple? He felt the cold stony floor make contact with his skin, but he only thought of how much more comfortable it was that that tight cabin he'd purchased for the trip. He put down his summoning ring for a moment, and tried to pull a map of some sort out of his pocket. It wasn't there, but he was so tired, he didn't consciously ask about it. At a bit of a sluggish pace, he asked "Yyaaaa-aaawn...an..nyone know wh..where I am?". He didn't even recognize anyone was around him until after he said it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2017, 08:34:34 pm »

"Er, hello?  Does anyone know where this is?  Because my compass and divinations just started spazzing out while I was walking through the woods.  And now I'm here," A very short individual clad in wooden plate armor that completely hides his appearance walks out toward the group from a shadowed patch, a leopard clad in wood and leather barding stalking quietly behind him.  A lance rests in a holster on the leopard's saddle, and he carries a mace and a shield emblazoned with a panther on a gold background.  "Another team-up for some crusade?  If this is Pelor's clergy again, I've got some words for the prelate.  I told him I was done with his dogmatic pile of conservatism and pollution for good."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 41