Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21547 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2017, 08:22:13 pm »

"Well, here's hoping that this Harmony proposes we fight for a good cause, then, yeah?" He looked over the others and listened to their introductions (including that part robot one -- really something, he was), and after taking all of their varying appearances and introductions in put one out himself.
"Well, right. I'm Master Sergeant Connor Wheeler, but my teammates all call me Florida."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2017, 08:32:54 pm »

"Well, it can be assumed that we're at least intended to work together going forward, so I'll call you Florida as well. I am curious, though; you say your world was invaded by aliens? To start, when did this happen? And, I suppose, do you have any idea why?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2017, 08:44:15 pm »

Sera is quietly listening, making mental notes of the names of the others. There were quite a few. "Introductions, I suppose - my name is Sera Cromwell. I hope that we can work well together." she says, hands in her pockets. She likely seemed more casual about this than one would expect - but for her, being drafted for some variety of heroism wasn't weird, it was typical Monday. She was beginning to get the feeling that the scale would be much larger than anything she's done in the past, but panicking wouldn't help anybody.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Gary_S_Modd

• Bay Watcher
  • chaos...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2017, 08:47:45 pm »

"Harmony? Depends on the kind of 'Harmony' they think they represent! If they are for the perfect utopia where everything is sunshine and rainbows then I am out of here! all 'Harmony' needs some chaos!" Ntchito pauses his rant to breath, then continues "I mean, could you imagine if the universe started with all the particles being an even space apart from one another?! Because that would be a universe were nothing would exist except the most elemental of particles!"
Ntchito leans on his robotic leg and is silent for a few seconds, then mumbles "From a bit of Chaos comes Harmony. From too much Harmony comes Chaos.At least, this is what I have observed up to this point..."
~Gary S. Modd

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2017, 09:03:38 pm »

Angelo massages his temples roughly. "Yeah, yeah, you're all philosophy and shit. I'm not in the mood to appreciate your views on the universe or whatever right now, so pipe down, would ya?" He takes a seat on the ground. "Too busy tryin' to process everything right now."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2017, 09:06:19 pm »

A faint whirling sound can be heard as a large figure rises from a kneel to a stand.  It stands at 8 ft. tall, made out of shiny chrome.  The head swivels to look at Ophelia.  It has no mouth yet a dull rumble can be heard, emitting from the man of metal.

"How do I leave."
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2017, 07:24:47 am »

"Kumo. Zugaikotsu. Hope none of you try to kill me, or whatever." She pulled her scythe from her back, and stood it on the ground to lean on. Anyone with eyes would be able to see that her body is even more emphazised by this action, and may be distracted.

She points at Florida. "Why's your nickname a country?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2017, 07:58:55 am »

Cover, is limited. Three pillars, one on each side. Could make a run for it. Could. Best not to though. Whoever sent them here, they had the means to kill them, right then and there and he wouldn't have saw it coming. If they wanted him dead, he wouldn't even have this choice right now, and he certainly wouldn't still have his rifle on him. The hell did they want? Could be Sophia, that normally was it... but if so then what about the others here? Hector lies still, unmoving, and waits for the others to arise. Best wait and see just what they had gotten themselves into. The discussion that ensued was, interesting, to say the least. Bewildering as well, but, given a few moments of thought, not entirely unwelcome either. At the very least, given the circumstances, not being on the run was a welcome change of pace.

He stands back up, the girl besides him quickly scarring behind him before peering out at the strangers. "Ophelia was it? The name's Hector, what, do you mean by all? Does that include Sophia here, or...?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2017, 08:33:52 am »

"From what I know. Don't ask me, I'm not the one who brought you all here. And....I don't know how to leave, either."
Ophelia looks towards the town, as if waiting for something. Ryuko looks even more worried.
"So....we can't go back?"
Why would you want to go back?
Well, we don't even KNOW this place all that well!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2017, 10:25:47 am »

"It's a state, actually," Florida shot back casually at Kumo, "And it's part of the fact that I was in this multinational anti-invasion team, it would take a little bit to explain."

Florida turned to Nobunaga, getting a feel for his name. "Well, Sasaki, it started in 2015. As far as we can tell where I come from, the aliens invaded us because we had psychic potential AND physical ability, and they wanted to make us one of their servant species. Backfired on them, hehehe."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2017, 03:57:01 pm »

"I see. . . I wonder why they didn't invade in my timeline, then. Or perhaps they simply don't exist in my world? An interesting question, to be sure. And you mention psychic potential, another thing that does not exist in my timeline. One wonders if they're related. . . Anyway. I come from over a century further down the timeline. We, ah, weren't quite as successful at dealing with our potentially world-ending catastrophe as you seem to have been, to say the least."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2017, 04:41:43 pm »

"Oh. So are these the promised companions? A fine bunch, to be sure!"
A hearty laugh precedes the arrival of a very big man, in ornate golden armor, a great golden crown on his mane of red hair over his fierce green eyes. An ornate spear is in his hand, a long elegant spearhead with a blue standard with the symbol of a stylized sun underneath it. He rides upon a similarly big horse in golden armor with a similar standard hanging down each side, with a glistening white coat towards the rest, slowing down by the dais as he dismounts, revealing himself to stand far taller than most of the group bar Crococite themselves.

His aura is akin to a fierce deity or a magnificent emperor, belied by his hearty, chesty laugh.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 04:45:33 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2017, 05:26:02 pm »

Florida looks up at this highly golden, highly regal, highly ornate giant of a man, and can't help but let out an impressed, low whistle. "You're a pretty big guy, huh? Wow. You're pretty impressive, I've gotta give you that. Know how to make an entrance too." Florida walked towards him and extended his hand. "Might as well be the first to introduce myself, huh? I'm Master Sergeant Connor Wheeler, though I get called Florida by most people." Considering that the other man looked to be from a world rather less mdoern than his, Florida worded his next part a bit carefully. "I'm a sniper from a world that is by the looks of it pretty futuristic from your perspective, that was invaded by creatures from another planet until we drove 'em off. Who are you?" He glances up at the crown. "You a king of some sort?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 22, 2017, 05:48:11 pm »

The man extends his large, gauntleted hand that seems to dwarf Florida's hand. He shakes it with a firm grip, being careful not to crush his hand.
"Well, I like your spirit! Florida, was it? I know very well what a sniper is, and we fight a similar fight; I defend my realm from undead hordes, with my bare hands, if need be! Now, it would be rude to not introduce myself. After all, you had the courtesy to do so, and the courage to come up to me to speak first!"

With a loud, hearty laugh, the man takes a graceful bow despite his massive frame. As he stands back up, he slams his spear down, propping the bottom into the dais to further emphasise his introduction.
"I am Mircea XI, Emperor of Arvinia, Blessed Protector of the Realm and Champion of the Arvinian People! Bask in my glory, Master Wheeler, for I am burdened with glorious purpose to defend the protectorate of my Empire from what may come, be they undead, those who would harm my people or invaders from beyond! If you fight as well as you look, then we may be brothers in battle yet, Master Wheeler!"
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 05:50:37 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2017, 06:07:56 pm »

"Hell of a title. Emperor of a whole nation, huh? I guess I'm a bit outranked," Florida quips, "And brothers in battle sure sounds fine to me, if that's the way things shake out. A big, armored guy like you slamming enemies up close while I put blasts in 'em from afar? Seems like a working partnership to me."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41