Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21537 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2017, 11:56:12 am »

"As far as I know, yes. I cannot tell you who, not until you meet them in battle."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2017, 12:06:57 pm »

"Someone I've fought before. . . I suppose I've put away my fair share of criminals, but quite frankly they weren't particularly threatening. Unless it's the Grim Reaper, which would do an fantastic job of explaining why I couldn't track him down. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2017, 12:08:52 pm »

"Retribution, huh...?" His gaze darkened. "I can think of a couple of possibilities."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2017, 12:10:05 pm »

Mircea gripped his lance a little tighter, and Ryuko trembled slightly, hiding behind Florida. Only Ophelia remains calm.
".....that does not explain my presence, as I have opposed no man nor know of any who would oppose me."

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2017, 04:01:56 pm »

The fact that the Harmony knew Bianca's name only made her more nervous, the implication that something like the Harmony was capable of stalking her was highly unpleasant. Bianca just turned to look away, hoping that no more of her personal information was going to be mentioned.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2017, 04:46:07 pm »

"Does she mean...?"
"Who else? No one else comes to mind."
He turns to this, 'Harmony', "I want asylum. Not going back to our world, not a chance. That, and your word that Sophia will not be involved in this conflict of ours."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:47:41 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2017, 04:50:32 pm »

"If you help me with this, I will ensure that you never return home to your world and I will do my best to protect your....protectorate from the agents of Discord."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2017, 06:07:37 pm »

"Well, I've worked for much more dubious employers before - not that I plan on repeating that performance. You want us to find and eliminate these Fiends, and then Discord himself. Certainly a much larger job than any I've taken on previously, but I believe that I can handle it. Where do we begin?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2017, 07:34:32 pm »

"Very well, I accept your offer." One's word is no more valuable than the common word, or the common lie, it is a sham, a pointless figure that offers neither security nor guarantee, but, when in unfamiliar territory with others in the same boat, that sham may be enough. To believe in one's word is to trust, to betray such would too betray trust, and trust, is a far sterner stuff. Betray your trust and the loyalty of all those who also trusted become far less certain, and whatever cause they worked towards comes into jeopardy. In short, he had not asked for a guarantee, he had asked for collateral.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2017, 09:17:14 pm »

"I'll do it," Tanis decides, after a few moments pondering, "Not like I have anything more pressing to do at the moment.  Besides, I'm a knight.  Questing is pretty much a requirement if I want to keep my spurs, not that I've ever needed to use them on Spot." He pats his leopard on the head, and it leans into the scratch with a rumbling, contented growl.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2017, 09:21:32 pm »

Sera doesn't really need to think about it that much. "So pretty much, you're asking me to do my job. Not that complicated. Alright."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2017, 09:25:07 pm »

"If aiding you in our objective will return I to the Megalith then I shall proceed. Where is the first Agent of Discord that requires destruction."
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2017, 09:57:38 pm »

"Preventing invasion and destruction of the world (and a bunch of others now)? That's kind of my job description. Knew you couldn't be all bad. Go ahead, consider me part of the team."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2017, 11:30:49 pm »

Angelo mumbles quietly. "Fuckin' hell, multiverse-saving adventure? Am I in a kiddie adventure book now?" He gets up, shaking, intentionally averting his gaze from Harmony.
"If anyone's responsible for my 'current situation,' quote unquote, then it's those inquisition fucks. If you're sayin' I get the chance to blast one of 'em and prove they're the assholes, I'm in, I guess." He slinks away slowly from the figure.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2017, 06:47:18 am »

Harmony seems satisfied by their answer.
"Very well. Ophelia will be able to point you to the Fiends once they act. And they will act first; they have had longer. Discord has planned this for a long time. I was foolish not to see it coming.

There are artifacts around this world- leftovers from an ancient war- that Discord will likely use his Fiends to acquire to win his war. I know not where they are; ancient magicks seal them from my sight and Discord's, but you and his Fiends, as they do not originate from this world, are unaffected by these spells. He will likely have used his Fiends to locate them by now; what you must do is intercept them at the weapons and fend off the Fiends before they acquire them."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41