Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21534 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2017, 08:56:47 pm »

"And I thought I was the rude one." He slightly, but noticeably stepped away from the cyborg beastkin. "I believe those questions will be answered shortly. I haven't seen any prelates nearby, either, though between you and me I would also rather not encounter one at this time."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2017, 08:59:44 pm »

"Long story short? Something that calls itself 'Harmony' has just conscripted us." The man who responds is dressed in obviously scavenged garments with an awful lot of pouches and some equally awful muted patterns that look like a series of dried stains than anything else. He wears some kind of helm, a pretty spartan one, along with a full facemask and some kind of small mirror to cover his eyes? Cradled in his hand, is some kind of sleek weapon, vaguely reminiscent of a crossbow from the drunk ramblings of a peasant, one who has forgotten the whole 'bow' aspect of it. Hiding behind him from, apparently everyone, is a girl around her early teens dressed in colorful though thankfully less horrendous attire. "Doesn't look like we're from the same place. Don't even share the same world and history. This, Harmony, figure is going to go give a proper explanation soon apparently."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2017, 11:05:35 pm »

"If the unit know as Harmony will disclose further information, then I shall wait."

Crocoite resumes it's previous kneeling position, stabbing it's lance and tower shield into the ground.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2017, 11:48:30 pm »

"It's a state, actually," Florida shot back casually at Kumo, "And it's part of the fact that I was in this multinational anti-invasion team, it would take a little bit to explain."
Kumo simply rolls her eyes at this.

Sera is mostly staying back and listening - she could talk about her own world all she wanted later, but the worlds these people came from were quite interesting. An emperor of half his world, and from the sounds of it not a literally insane one? That's a bit odd to say the least. And the one guy, Florida, was from Earth, but she was pretty sure his world never got the Turning Point from the sounds of it. "Have either of you actually met this 'Harmony'?" Sera asks, after the argument dies down.
Turning to Sera, she changes position on her scythe, her chest now leaning on top of the blade. "I've got a feelin' none of us have, aside from maybe that maid and knight pair. If ya' ask me, I's got a suspicion this ain't all pure as it's cracked up to be."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2017, 03:20:01 am »

"Please, calm yourselves."
A serene voice calmly requests silence from the door, a small echo trailing behind it.

A feeling of immense calm washes over the gathered crowd as the doors in the middle of the dais begin to open, a golden light pouring from the crack of the door. As the doors fully open, a gigantic, feminine figure- towering even over Crococite- emerges from the door, her skin pale as porcelain and wearing a golden, translucent dress, a staff with a perfect sphere in hand. Her eyes are simultaneously as fierce as the dawn and as gentle as the smallest raindrop, and she seems to exude an aura of serenity, but more than that; with her nearby, it feels as if everything is right in the world. The realm behind her is similarly bathed in golden light, so bright that it seems impossible to see within.

With Mircea's arrival, you felt as if in the presence of a fierce deity. With her arrival, you feel as if you have witnessed a true god.
"I am Harmony, Scion of Order. Forgive my intrusion into your lives, but.....I really had no other choice in the matter. I am afraid......I must ask all of your help."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2017, 03:44:23 am »

"Well... I'd say this whole shiny-woman-induced calm feeling is new, but..." Connor closes his eyes and smiles. "...it isn't, I think. It feels like every one of the best times in my life, right here. Stocking my dad's shop as a kid, watching the navy planes fly by. Drinking with Idaho when we got designated SEALs. With Moscow, after the battle in Accra, just knowing that we were going to win. Lying on the old familiar beach of home, after the war, watching the sunrise again." Connor breathes in deeply, in and out once. "Well, I guess you've got me going on and on like an old man, even though I ain't even thirty. But I know what it feels like when all is good, and all is blissful, and if I'm remembering that favorite feeling of mine now you can't be all bad. What do you need us to do?"

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2017, 05:39:25 am »

Hector simply lets it all wash over him, mirrored lens belying a steely gaze, for what is vile shall seek to appear holy, and what is holy may be denounced to be vile. He had walked with both, seen their tricks and snares, for both do have their tricks, and a compassionate heart must not deter a swift blade, nor a rose-tinted gaze bitter pragmatism, lest you are to lose them both. The girl behind him? She was sheltered, for some measure of the term, ignorant to the ways of the world, or at least the world her bulwark saw, and yet, she too remained on edge, for she was afraid, and neither God nor Devil would change that.

Others in the goddess may see divinity, salvation, perhaps even purpose, but all Sophia saw was light, spears of heavenly light, and those they had pierced.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 06:08:48 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2017, 08:15:25 am »

At the side, Angelo Abate seems to be in a state of shock. His once-stoic expression seems to have shifted slightly, teeth clenched tightly, hands curled up into fists. He kneels down on one leg, movements too slack to be truly out of respect for the newly arrived figure. Though his head is bowed low, the eye uncovered by his eyepatch looks up at Harmony with a vulnerable sort of intensity. "Are you a god?"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2017, 08:43:09 am »

Harmony seems bemused at the concept of her being a god. She shakes her head.
"A god? I would not like to think so. The universe has assigned me with a duty that must be fulfilled and so do I fulfil it. That is all I am, but a servant to the order.

As for why you are here, you are here on a mission of paramount importance, one that shall determine the fate of many worlds hinging upon its success or failure.

For the whole of existence, chaos and order have been in balance, in order to permit the continued existence of all. It was chaos that birthed this world, and order that keeps it together. As there is shadow to light, as there is a shield to a sword, there must be order and chaos. Discord was supposed to maintain the balance; him and I were keepers of the balance. If this balance falls, this world, and many others- yours included-, would be destroyed by the backlash. That is our purpose; to maintain the balance and preserve life.

Sadly, of late, Discord has grown.....hungry, hungry for power. He desires that chaos rules over this land and so he summons his own champions, Fiends. Neither I nor he can act directly upon this world without destroying it, so we must use champions, intermediaries. I do apologise for having pulled you all from your worlds, but Discord has done the same, in a bid to bring in great powers to this world to advance his aims, so I had to do the same. I chose those of you with experience, those of you with power; defenders of the multiverse to protect it from those who would end it.

Your purpose is simple; defeat Discord's champions, and slay Discord before he tips the balance too far."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 08:51:12 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Gary_S_Modd

• Bay Watcher
  • chaos...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2017, 09:08:14 am »

"Hold on a minute! What would that do to this so called 'balance' you just spoke of?! How dose removing chaos from the equation keep the equation balanced?!"
Ntchito looked at Harmony, tapping his mechanical claws again, "If I am going to support what you are wanting me to do, I need to know that you have a plan to restore the required chaos to the universe. Chaos in moderation leads to Harmony; Harmony in large quantities can lead to just as much if not more Chaos; after all. So, I guess all I am asking is: Do you have a plan to replace this 'Discord' when we kill him?"
~Gary S. Modd

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2017, 09:13:32 am »

"Yes. That plan, I am afraid, I am not at liberty to share, lest Discord's agents overhear and sabotage it."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2017, 09:16:19 am »

Angelo merely takes this all in, head sinking down a little, hiding his eye. He places a gentle hand on his hair, which slowly curls up until he's roughly grabbing a handful of his locks, pulling slightly.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2017, 11:35:30 am »

Bianca just stares at Harmony and tries to determine what to make of the situation. What she had heard seemed highly suspicious, yet it didn't feel wrong; though that may be due to supernatural influence.

Escape still seemed like the best course of action to Bianca. She started to survey the area for a decent hiding place.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2017, 11:43:55 am »

"Miss Aldaine, I would not run so quickly. My call went out to those who knew the best ways to fight the Fiends. If you were summoned, that means that someone you have opposed before is here; perhaps someone.....responsible for your current situation. If you do not stay for the good of the worlds, then think of staying for a chance of retribution."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2017, 11:45:35 am »

Sera raised an eyebrow. "I take it that applies for all of us? The thing about somebody we've opposed before being here?" she asks. Could it be...
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41