Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21516 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #570 on: November 10, 2017, 12:23:27 am »

Kasumi smirks at the comment on bows. The amusement is clear even despite the armor covering her smirk.
"Now I wouldn't be so dismissive if one of our enemies does indeed wield a bow. I'm only surprised none of them by Mr. Scrak's reckoning are using modern equipment, but if they truly are using such weapons there must be a reason for it... That said, what would we be expecting from your world? I know that someone from mine would be flinging shot around like an American with a minigun and an army of commies for targets."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 10, 2017, 12:30:25 am »

"Pfah, the weakling's reckoning just has to be wrong. You would not be seeing bows from one of my enemies, you wouldn't even be seeing gunpowder guns anymore. Perhaps a laser gun, or a plasma gun, or an alloy cannon. XCOM has a wide array of roles and tools, so it isn't easy to predict anything specific. Maybe a genetically modified soldier, maybe a mechanically altered cyborg, maybe a psychic, of respectable power (if incomparable to mine, of course) or not, perhaps none of these. It would be easier to say if the shish-kebab here weren't so limited."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 10, 2017, 12:37:31 am »

"Then perhaps we ought to go antagonize our counterparts next and see for ourselves? If our patron thinks we would be suited to it of course."
Kasumi really just wanted to see the other woman fail at this point... or go on a date with Kenta. Either one should be funny but this method was more likely to work.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 10, 2017, 12:44:27 am »

The woman let put a dismissive breath at the very idea of it.
"Bah, no, I'm not cannon fodder, I would prefer to wait until they get a little bit of experience, so that they don't win the battle simply by boring me to death. I would like to see SOME power during this whole mess."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 10, 2017, 12:47:27 am »

Kasumi floats upside down as she speaks, arms behind her head in a relaxed posture.
"Oh? Well, I suppose that doesn't say much for your intelligence, but I'm still up for being drafted."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 10, 2017, 12:52:20 am »

The psychic sends Kasumi a brief look of intense disdain, before starting to pick at her fingernails, not looking at Kasumi while she speaks.
"Not very effective an insult coming from the woman who took the impaled medieval brute at his word without even questioning it, is it?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 10, 2017, 01:09:23 am »

"We've been called in by the personafication of discord and you're saying that his explanation isn't perfectly logical with magic in mind? Of course I take him at his word, for all we know he's completely right and you're going to get beat because you assumed that he was just wrong about our enemies abilities."
Kasumi giggles at the thought.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 10, 2017, 03:10:07 am »

The preacher speaks at last, with patience befitting his robes and a quiet calmness betraying of peril. "We may discuss this in further detail. Our comrade has no doubt been through a lot, and a proper debrief is best taken with a bit of rest and at greater length, something a lance helps little with. As it stands it appears that our foes are excellent ambushers, with at least two marksmen amongst them, a logistics unit, a scout, and some sort of one-man machinegun emplacement."

He gestures to vanquished commander. "I will not press you for more in this state, but we must know when the battle took place. En route, during retrieval, or during transport? That kind of time window are we looking at? We must know what kind of intel our foes have access to. Speaking of which,"

He turns to face the apparent liaison, the man in armor, "May I suggest that we requisition some means of recording future battles? Cameras, sensors, divination tools; as the good book says, he who knows himself but not his foe shall suffer a defeat for each victory, and while our comrade here has been informative, having other sources of information, particularly those that will be able to broadcast live footage will be of great help."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 03:12:02 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #578 on: November 12, 2017, 10:04:40 pm »

"I have an idea. . .a hypothesis for the identity of the one termed as a 'paladin,'" the robotic individual stated with a slight shift partway through the sentence.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 12, 2017, 10:27:57 pm »

"Perhaps. I shall see if we can requisition some kind of equipment for what you desire."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 12, 2017, 11:39:45 pm »

"Let's hear it then."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #581 on: November 13, 2017, 03:07:44 am »

"Stated capabilities of spontaneous generation of equipment matches one known profile in the database. Discarding the data associating the unknown individual and equipment with religion or knighthood, combined with data on appearance, indicate that this opponent is Sasaki Nobunaga, an engineer of the Novus Orbis Librarium." Another flicker of the eyes, a slight twitch of the head, before resuming a mechanical stillness. "Drive ability is the replication of any and all encountered machinery and equipment. Extreme hearing sensitivity may be exploitable in battle."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 13, 2017, 03:12:19 am »

"Any? That, could be a problem for us. Got anything we can use to verify about him? General appearance, preferred armaments?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #583 on: November 13, 2017, 08:12:04 pm »

"Distinctively styled blonde hair. Middling height. Clothing modeled after archaic forms of regal dress. Noise-canceling headphones on at all times. Carries one physical Ars Armagus at all times, the only one he is known to physically possess. The weapon is a sword that drains energy from targets struck. "
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 04:45:03 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 15, 2017, 03:45:53 pm »

A man who had been, until then, squatting at the back of the group, stands up rather slowly, and approaches Iota, hands in his pockets. He smiles lightly, though the smile itself doesn't seem very friendly.
"Well, that sword does sound annoying, the weapon creation too. How powerful is this 'Nobunaga' though, really? I'm curious. Weapon creation alone isn't a whole lot to go off of, you know. Is he fast? Strong? Very skilled with the weapons he makes?"
There's a gleam in his eyes, now. It's obvious he's more than merely 'curious'.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41