Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21523 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #555 on: October 31, 2017, 03:15:31 am »

Connor shrugged in response to Kenta's description and shrug, fluidly and kind of languorously; the man HAD been napping until a couple of minutes ago.
"I don't know anything about any lunarians from mythology. But, uh, heh, we didn't exactly know they were invading in my world until they went and damn well invaded. I'm a member of the Extraterrestrial Combat Unit, X-COM, and we went through the whole shebang and fought 'em off, through war and shit. It was pretty heavy, to say the least, but we won, and now X-COM just gets the remainders of the groups out there that went all cult-y over 'em."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 31, 2017, 03:23:28 am »

Kenta nods.
"Yeah... I don't really have much of a job. As it turns out, not many people hire ninja anymore. I mostly train and do danmaku to be honest."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 31, 2017, 03:31:08 am »

One of the eyebrows quirks downwards, leaving Florida with just a raised eyebrow.
"Well, now you're not just an unemployed ninja, you're a multi-world-saving unemployed ninja. Wild, isn't it? I've gotta ask, though, what the hell is danmaku?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 31, 2017, 03:36:36 am »

Ophelia remains out of the discussion for now, the whole thing about aliens being foreign to her.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 31, 2017, 03:38:07 am »

Kenta shrugs.
"It's like soccer, if the teams only had on person mostly, the players were all supernaturally gifted, the ball was replaced with a ton of shots made of magic, and the goals were the opposing players. Only minor differences of course."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 31, 2017, 03:41:36 am »

Aaaaand it's back to two blonde eyebrows raised.
"What, do you explode each other for sport? Fuckin' hell. Well, hell, it's magic, so maybe you just get literally lit up or something, I don't know. Sure sounds our worlds aren't even like comparing apples and oranges though. It's like... apples and potatoes."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 31, 2017, 03:49:20 am »

Kenta shrugs.
"I should mention I live in a place that houses youkai and other mythological figures so that the lack of belief doesn't kill them. I mean, the outside world is normal, but I hadn't used a microwave until I was almost grown! It's silly!"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #562 on: October 31, 2017, 07:29:54 am »

"I see... you're right. Mostly. There is nothing that bring back the dead. But, that doesn't mean you shouldn't try to repair what you can... as for the behaviors, fix them. As blunt and shot as it is, it's the best advice I got. If you have a problem, fix it."
Annabelle smiles, and gives Nobunaga a hefty pat on the back.
"But hey, if it means anything, just from this conversation alone, you admit there's a problem. And that means you're on the road to fixing it. Plus, you don't seem that bad, besides the darker subject."
She winks.
"In my world, deeds speak louder than words, brother. Don't proclaim your regret, but do something about it. That is the only acceptable action in matters such as this."
Mircea has gone a little colder than he was at the beginning of the conversation.
"I shall do my best," Nobunaga said simply.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 31, 2017, 01:23:22 pm »

"Alright, so, basically what you're telling me is that if your world were a movie setting, it'd be fantasy, and if mine were a movie setting, it'd be science fiction. It is a little crazy though, the kinds of different places everyone is from, huh?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 31, 2017, 01:34:52 pm »

"......movie?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 07, 2017, 01:41:50 pm »

Champions may no longer interact until given permission to.

Discord's Fortress
The Fiends, all of them, are gathered once more within the dark halls, with Thiyr at their head.

The shards of the slain Silicate Stalker, still twitching and sparking, and the still-living, but impaled, Scrak are between Thiyr and the other fiends.

The imposing sorceror simply stares down at others from his high position, an unreadable expression on his face. He stares Scrak dead in the eye, fixing him with his cold eyes, his hand drifting down to the hilt of his sword, still exuding a dark, stifling aura.
"Fellow sheep, we should establish what we know about our enemy, now that we know they are dangerous. Warlord, you live because I decree it, and I decree it because your skills are necessary. I shall send for treatment as soon as you tell us what to prepare for. So.....who did you see?

The rest of you, pay attention. What information we have will decide who I choose to send out."

All active Fiends (all approved Fiends) may speak.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 09, 2017, 10:16:47 pm »

"I didn't get a chance to see all of 'em in action, but I got the goods on three of 'em," Scrak shares, "Most dangerous is that screamy halfling knight.  Didn't catch his name, but he seems to want me dead personally.  And he's a druid, which means he's a shapeshifter with great magic and combat skills.  Any animal you see could be him.  Any plant you see could be him.  Not unbeatable, but tricky to pin down and great for making you feel paranoid.  Hits pretty hard too.

"They also had a paladin.  Probably of Pelor or some other light god.  He could make glowing holy weapons out of thin air, and all sorts of other gear the same way.  Wore earmuffs constantly for some reason; they must be enchanted.  Take 'em off him, and he might lose some of his powers.

"And they had an arcane archer.  Skulked around in the back shooting magic arrows.  Didn't get a good look at him, but the magic missile-imbued arrows he was firing were pretty distinctive.  Assuming that's his best attack, you'd best be wary.  The spell he's putting in his arrows ignores pretty much all defenses, including most magical ones."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #567 on: November 09, 2017, 10:32:40 pm »

Iota ran the descriptions through his head, mechanically processing each in turn. Halfling. . . no matches. Paladins. . . no direct matches. One potential match. Archers. . . no matches. Perhaps a deeper search? Shapeshifter. . . one possible match. Rejected; multiple forms not applicable.  Weapon creation from nothing. . . one match. Additional: other miscellaneous tools from nothing. . . one match.

The white-haired man's eyes widened ever so slightly. It would have been difficult to notice, if it wasn't for the fact that it was the first semblance of emotion he had displayed thus far. His face quickly smoothed over into robotic impassiveness, but the thought remained.

Could it possibly be. . .?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: November 09, 2017, 10:48:04 pm »

Kasumi was floating in the air, no sense in standing and letting her feet start hurting. She was actually floating just slightly higher than Thiyr's height, though that's not really that notable. She hums slightly as she listens to the impaled guy. After a few moments she sighs and looks to him with a raised eyebrow.
"So they were all using older weaponry? Not even someone with a crossbow... or a uh... a musket? ... Well, at least it shouldn't be very difficult to deal with them in that case."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: November 10, 2017, 12:14:33 am »

Kasumi wasn't the only female Fiend floating in the air. Once again, the red-headed woman in the slinky black dress was hovering around a foot off of the ground, her arms crossed as an expression that was a mixture of imperious, unimpressed, and disappointed was upon her face. She spoke, and when she did her voice was dripping with contempt.

"I can understand having useless minions, perhaps. But not even having the power to put up a fight of your own? Pathetic. The crystal being is destroyed, and here this sad, wannabe Muton is impaled like some sort of sad kebab. And he's claiming that a short man who turns into plants is the most dangerous one of the lot, because he folded like a wet tissue under a little bit of assault. I had been worried from the moment I came here that some of these powerless weaklings were a clear sign that perhaps whatever I've been drawn here for is not in my league, and I haven't been getting proven wrong so far." She scoffs and features at the dead Stalker and the impaled Scrak, rippling her dress with a gust of psychic power as she did.

Then she rotated herself to face Kasumi. "I would take what he says with a rock of salt.  If they indeed have anyone from my world, then they would not be fighting with a bow, but perhaps he comes from some weak, pitiful world and our opposition is simply beyond his comprehension."
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41