Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21563 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #360 on: August 21, 2017, 09:54:04 pm »

"Well, for starters, cooperation means you're far more likely to make it out of this alive." Nobunaga glances back at his team. Particularly the short one who seemed to hold such enmity with Scrak. Perhaps it was a bad idea to try and cooperate with the man, but they stood to gain more than they would lose. . . as far as he knew.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 23, 2017, 01:57:08 am »

Florida takes a step back, and then crouches down with a sigh, kind of just watching over the unconscious Ryuko for the moment. "Things are gonna get all sorts of complicated for you real soon, won't they...? That'll be fun to deal with, I'm sure, heh."

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 23, 2017, 11:55:05 am »

Scrak looks down at the spiky pole impaling him, and then back up to Nobunaga.  "Pretty sure I'm already dead, and Gruumsh just hasn't gotten around to claiming me yet.  I never seen a man walk away from wounds this bad."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #363 on: August 23, 2017, 01:57:04 pm »

"Revenge on the people who sent you to die? I could see if any of my compatriots would be willing to heal you before whatever sorcery keeping you alive expires." He mentally sighed to himself. He wasn't any good at interrogation; apprehending wanted criminals, sure, but getting them to talk had always been the Librarium's end of the deal.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 05, 2017, 03:00:03 pm »

Tower
Turn Five
Battle Theme ~Teleglitch Track 2~
Objective: Rout all enemies.

Mircea roars loudly as he yanks his horse's reins up, before swiping his spear around and clearing the area around himself and Leonidas. Two spiders are directly struck by Mircea's rampage, shattering on contact with his lance, while the others attempt to swarm around Leonidas instead, the slower and unmounted opponent, now being quite conscious of Mircea's superior position.

Leonidas, however, is far tougher than they assume, as expected of a man who tangles with dragons. His draconic nature emerging as he becomes more and more injured, Leonidas lashes out to strike at any spiders that Mircea had missed with his initial approach. Quite a fair few dodge out of the way, his accuracy shot by his rage, though one is not quite fast enough and bursts into flaming shards of glass upon being struck.

Kumo, meanwhile attempts to hold off the Stalker and their swarm inside the tower. Enraged by being blinded, her Kamui and body warp, as the Kamui wearer transforms into a similar, spider-like form to her glassy opponents. With a screech, Kumo swipes at the spiders, but her strikes fall short, her eyes still recovering from the damage, as the spiders draw back. The Stalker, in retaliation, weaves between her flailing blade-like arms and slashes a wound in her side, her large size presenting a large target for the relatively small Stalker.

The remaining spiders outside circle Mircea and Leonidas, attempting to form a barrier despite being physically outmatched by the spear-wielding duo.
A large wave of reinforcements will arrive in one turn.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 05, 2017, 08:03:33 pm »

"I sure don't see any clerics with that kind of magic," Scrak replies, "Just that druid what put this thing in me.  Somehow, I don't think he's helping me walk away."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #366 on: September 06, 2017, 09:56:47 pm »

"I could contact one of our other allies. In the meantime, I can provide first aid - though I doubt it will be pleasant. If, that is, you talk." The taste of bile rose up in the back of his throat; not at Scrak, but at himself. It was frankly disgusting, what he was doing, but it would allow them to progress further without fear. Seems people don't change all that much. . .
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 07, 2017, 09:57:40 pm »

Leonidas uses Fangs of Avarice, expending a great amount of will to hit all the remaining Striders as he spins his lance, and the flaming construct that will be born from it, overhead.

Micrea should attack any Striders which remain after the attack
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 08, 2017, 09:17:18 pm »

Kumo gets even angrier, but calms down. She knows she won't be able to fight properly while blinded, and so she uses her extra legs to scuttle out of the area with the spiders, around the tower, making her body stay high up off the ground as her vision returns.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 09, 2017, 08:34:08 pm »

>All targets down. Got a possible defector here, badly wounded though. Any chance of a medivac?<
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 08:37:07 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 17, 2017, 02:11:59 pm »

Tower
Turn Six
Battle Theme ~Teleglitch Track 2~
Objective: Rout all enemies.

>The reinforcements are coming. The swarm is far larger than it was prior. Prepare yourselves.<
The loud, frenzied skittering that signals the arrival of the swarms of glass spiders attacking the group draws nearer. It is far louder and far more frenzied than before, and a massive group can be seen, pouring in very quickly. More skittering can be heard from the behind, and the backs of the glass beasts that assail them can be seen glinting through the bushes.

The odds are against you. The Might of Arvinia and the Dragon Slayer stand alone to defend their remaining ally against an unending onslaught. Both men known for intense willpower, both men for fighting against insurmountable odds, and both men triumphing in situations where hope was thought lost, long snatched by the jaws of defeat, standing against a far more powerful opponent, unyielding in will and unrivalled in sheer power.

But they are but mortal. Powerful men, durable and resilient beyond their companions, driven by sheer force of will or by the blood of dragons, but mortal nonetheless. What bleeds may die, and both men have bled and will bleed.

The prognosis is grim, and the choices are few; fight, and eventually be overwhelmed by a seemingly-infinite foe, or retreat, and risk these spiders ambushing their allies in the fort. Either way, the situation is untenable without reinforcements.
>Wait. I detect a new presence....not one of ours and not one of theirs!<
Theme Override: Kamen Rider Wizard ~It's Showtime~
"Ruby Strike!"
A large portion of the oncoming forces are suddenly obliterated as what appears to be a giant ruby blade descends upon them, shattering the spiders on contact. As the spiders skitter away from the area of impact, a barrier of red crystals suddenly forms in the area, funneling a large portion of the spiders backwards into the forest as the barrier extends out a considerable distance. Quite a few spiders made it across, but nowhere near the vast number they were about to face.

The responsible party turns to the group, heading over to join them. They appear to be a man, clad in a black trenchcoat and boots, with a chestplate made of red gems underneath and a helmet and faceplate similarly constructed, a small ring with a ruby inset on their left hand.
"Time to even the odds, no? I've bought you some time. The spiders will have to go around it; they won't be able to climb up the smooth surface of the barrier, not without damaging themselves. Let's finish this before they do."
Masked Evoker Rosso has joined the fray.

All being said and done, Mircea and Leonidas continue their extermination of the remaining spiders. Leonidas swipes around with his spear, draconic energies surging through him and emerging as a burst of black flame, its infernal jaws melting the fragile glass the spiders are made out of, the dragon surging through the swarm of spiders like a hot knife through butter. Those that survive Leonidas' onslaught are caught on Mircea's lance or trampled under his mighty steed, as the Emperor of Arvinia glows himself with golden energy, the battle finally rousing something deep within the Emperor as he throws his head back and laughs uproariously.

Their new ally heads inside to aid Kumo, who flees upwards to protect herself as her vision remains impaired, her legs clambering up the walls to protect herself.
"Allow me to help."
A flash of warm, red light flows over Kumo's eyes, and her wounds and blindness are cured.

The two remaining spiders attempt a feeble, pointless attack upon the Emperor and the Slayer, but without numbers, their (considerable) physical strength is outmatched by their own, as one is simply incinerated by Leonidas and the other shattered upon impalement upon Mircea's lance. The spiders within the tower fare better, however, as one attempts to swipe at their new ally, only for him to manage to roll back at the last second, their talon scraping across the red gem chestplate. His arm flies out with what appears to be a sword made of rubies and carbuncles in an attempt to counterattack, but the spider is even swifter and evades their strike. The other spiders clump up to protect the Stalker, who launches more shrapnel at Kumo, who, with her vision restored, easily evades it.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 02:15:04 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 17, 2017, 02:14:13 pm »

Meanwhile, over at the Fort....
>A medevac? Do you by any chance mean evacuation? I....shall see. I detect some traces of Discord's magic in the area, so I believe he may attempt to pull something off, but I shall see.<

Ryuko begins to stir from her slumber, her eyes fluttering open, no longer the vivid green of the entity that called itself Tatsuki, but a simple, ordinary brown.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 20, 2017, 06:51:58 pm »

Scrak makes a strange face, and is silent for nearly a minute, before he speaks again.  "As much as I hate to admit it before you help, but I don't know as much as I'd like.  Something about not trusting me as far as they could throw me, and most of 'em looked pretty wimpy on the physical side.  Only one who bothered to talk to me was a guy named Thiyr.  Big guy, odd robes, had a sword that looked pretty cursed.  Mighta been a cleric.  Definitely thought I was in charge.  Rest of 'em just looked at me like they'd scraped me off their boots, the Gruumsh-damned bigots.  Doesn't look like I'll get a chance to show 'em otherwise now.  I was looking forward to gloating about that."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #373 on: September 21, 2017, 12:33:01 pm »

"Good enough. I'm a man of my word." Nobunaga mentally leafed through his various blueprints. Medical machinery. . . Not exactly a common thing for him, and he wasn't sure if he could handle a wound of the magnitude of this. Still, he could make his best attempt. . . He would need a machine to substitute for the missing heart, and one for the lungs at the very least; both were likely destroyed. He didn't have the expertise for this, not even close, but he tried to recall what he could and started to hook the machines up to Scrak.
>Can you send anyone here with the ability to provide medical assistance, magical or otherwise?
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 21, 2017, 12:35:11 pm »

>Just a moment, mister Nobunaga. I am currently handling problems with the other team. It seems we have a healer now, but he's tied up helping your allies.<
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41