Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21565 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #345 on: August 19, 2017, 01:40:39 pm »

"I dunno, wise guy. Would you tell the only people who don't want to shoot you within miles of the place 'I'm crazy and have a murderous psychopath currently living in my head'? I COULD just kill all of you and make it simpler, but she won't let me. No, she doesn't like it when I kill people, so don't worry your pretty little heads. If I try to kill any of you, she'll kill us both; she'll find a way to kill this body, and me with it. Not that I think it'll work, but I don't want to find out if it does. After all, I couldn't have fun, could I, if I was dead?

As for WHAT I am, that's simple, isn't it? I'm Ryuko. But better."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 01:42:54 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #346 on: August 19, 2017, 01:50:38 pm »

"Yes. I would. It's the responsible thing to do. Particularly if one plans on unleashing said abberation anywhere near one's allies."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 19, 2017, 01:50:47 pm »

Florida raised an eyebrow at Ryuko's "I COULD just kill all of you", and paused for a long moment.
"WELL. Feels like I probably owe you an apology at this point, Nobunaga."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 19, 2017, 02:00:39 pm »

"Oh, look at you, hyper-responsible and all. Yes, of course you'd say that. You haven't been on the run as long as we have. When you do, you'll take anyone to have your back, and do anything to keep them there, even if they're just forced to stay with you because they've got nowhere else to go. Feel free to chew her out, of course, she'd deserve it. I'd love you to do so. Really.

Of course, unlike me, she's a traumatised woman on the run, whereas I'm a high-functioning sociopath held in check by the fact that said woman will also kill herself to protect you from me."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:03:43 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #349 on: August 19, 2017, 03:44:16 pm »

Nobunaga gave a somewhat smug-looking nod to Florida before returning his attention to Ryuko. "Don't pretend to know me or my story. Though I suppose I should thank you for at least confirming my decision to never touch genetic engineering."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 19, 2017, 03:44:59 pm »

Florida exhaled for a moment, still a little dumbstruck, but did find it in himself to speak again.
"I, uh, I guess that's understandable to some extent, but, uh... there were probably better introductions to this than having you stand here and talk about how you'd kill us all if you could. Like... I was one of the ones pressing Nobunaga not to sweat it earlier, but this, well... it's not exactly a small thing."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 19, 2017, 03:57:19 pm »

"And don't pretend knowing mine will make you trust me more. I know your type; you won't trust me even if you knew how we turned into this. I know Ryuko won't tell you; she's all traumatised and scared about it still. And I sure as hell won't; it'd ruin the fun and I'd rather keep you guessing. Besides, as long as Ryuko holds the sword of fucking Damocles over my head, you're all safe; she's far too scared of what she thinks'll happen if she ever loses control of me. It won't be bad, but if you don't trust me, why would that mewling coward of a girl?

You should be thanking her, you know. She's really doesn't want any of you to die; especially you, sniper boy. 'Course, with how you're all probably going to treat her after she wakes up, that'll probably change. Don't worry about it. She'll have me for company. I'm a good friend; I know everything about her, after all."
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:59:54 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 19, 2017, 07:49:40 pm »

Florida lets out a little sound that is more exasperated in character than anything else.
"Look, look, I get all that, I'm not planning on asking her to divulge her entire life story, but come on, I can't be blamed for being uncomfortable with the self-described murderous psychopath talking about how much she wants to kill me, can I? I mean, it is true that you didn't go attacking us but it does sound like you've got a hell of a thirst to right now.

Hell, how long are you planning on sticking around?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 19, 2017, 08:08:23 pm »

"Oh, I don't WANT to kill any of you. Not specifically. All I said was that Ryuko would die to protect you from me. All I specifically said was that it'd be easier to avoid awkward questions if I just killed you all. If I really wanted to kill you, I wouldn't be standing around telling you; I'm a psychopath, not some stupid villain in one of those movies who walks around telling people his evil plans so the heroes can go fuck them up. Just giving you fair warning. Y'know, like heroes are supposed to do. Or whatever the fuck I am.

As for how long I stay? Well, it wouldn't be in my best interest for me to leave now, seeing as your genius inventor friend here might shank Ryuko as soon as I leave, and I'd rather he doesn't."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #354 on: August 19, 2017, 08:45:32 pm »

"The worst I'd do would be to give her a stern talking to. Don't be a child."
GM of Trespassers V2.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 19, 2017, 08:51:25 pm »

The girl simply gives Nobunaga a knowing look.
"More true than you think.

And if you need to call me anything, you call me Tatsuki. Don't get me confused with that....Ryuko chick...."

With a final, bloodthirsty grin, Tatsuki's eyes roll back into her head, as her body begins to shrink and she falls forwards. Within a few seconds, the torn and ripped hoodie and jeans she wears fit loosely again as her muscles and skin shrink to fit her normal-sized bones, and the girl who collapses to the ground in a heap is the tiny, vulnerable Ryuko Inui once more, unconscious but otherwise none the worse for wear.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #356 on: August 19, 2017, 09:00:31 pm »

"Anyway, if we're done with that. . ." He shoots a sidelong glance at Ryuko. He should probably do something for the girl, but at the same time someone else likely would, and he had more pressing issues to attend to.

Nobunaga interrogates the prisoners, trying to find any information relevant to Discord's next move or the locations of his troops.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 19, 2017, 10:31:37 pm »

Connor sighs and looks exasperated again for a moment, then steps closer to Ryuko and crouches down, lightly shaking her shoulder to try and wake her up.
"Ryuko? You alive there?" he quips.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 20, 2017, 12:40:25 pm »

"Anyway, if we're done with that. . ." He shoots a sidelong glance at Ryuko. He should probably do something for the girl, but at the same time someone else likely would, and he had more pressing issues to attend to.

Nobunaga interrogates the prisoners, trying to find any information relevant to Discord's next move or the locations of his troops.
The orcs are, variously, too busy moaning about their injuries, giving Nobunaga cold glares, or defiantly remarking they won't ever tell. As expected; these soldiers, as easy as they were to beat, were professionals and loyal to their leader.

That, of course, leaves their leader, Scrak, currently being impaled on a lance. Of course, he's still alive, on account of the protections Discord has laid upon him. Perhaps he might be best to ask.
Scrak Rainfire may speak.

As for Ryuko, she seems completely out of it, for the moment. Her breathing is rapid, but slowing down to a normal rate.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 21, 2017, 09:43:51 pm »

"You want me to stab my allies in the back?" Scrak spits a tooth to the side, and chuckles, then winces, "You must be joking.  I'd never betray my comrades like that!"  Using a toe he scratches 'What's in it for me?' into the dusty ground.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 41