Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21566 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #330 on: August 11, 2017, 12:23:47 pm »

Using a charge from it's dynamo, Crocoite mends it's armor, healing itself.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 11, 2017, 01:00:06 pm »

Micrea should activate the emperor's entrance, then expend a will point to trample and attack as many of the striders as he can to prevent them from overrunning the tower's interior

Leonidas will position himself to block the entrance of the tower from the advancing reinforcements, and again use Fangs of Avarice, this time expending a will point to strike as many of the striders as he can with it as they approach from the outside.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 11, 2017, 01:41:35 pm »

Fort
Turn Six
~Battle Theme: March to Deliverance~
Objective: Defeat Scrak Rainfire

The cleric, before it can move to assist its allies, is immediately downed in a burst of bullets as Hector springs out into the fray. The other bodyguard is able to evade just in time, despite the sensors, and is merely badly wounded by the attack. Hector, for his troubles, takes an arrow to the shoulder, however, as the remaining soldier shoots him. Hector immediately snaps another burst back in his direction with practised efficiency, but the burst flies wide, his aim somewhat thrown off by the projectile in his body.

Tanis lands the final blow. How do you want to do this?
((If the Champion lands the final blow on the Fiend (or anyone if the Champion's player does not specifically request that the Fiend be only defeated by the Champion), the player may roleplay out and describe the final blow. In this case, Tanis landed the final blow on Scrak, so Dragon can decide how their final epic clash goes.

My only stipulation here is that the blow doesn't instantly kill him for plot reasons which you'll see in a bit.))

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:00:40 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 11, 2017, 02:00:16 pm »

Tower
Turn Four
Battle Theme ~Teleglitch Track 2~
Objective: Rout all enemies.

Mircea, with a great exertion of will pulls his reins up and swipes his massive spear around the spiders within reach as he boosts back in, slaying quite a few. His allies are heartened by the show of force, continuing to fight on. Leonidas, similarly inspired, exerts a massive effort as his own weapon strikes out with massive obsidian flames, shattering the remaining spiders.

Kumo, undaunted by her opponent's speed, slashes out once more to attack the Silicate Stalker, landing a glancing blow and sending cracks skittering in a small area around where she landed her blow. The fragments of its body, however, are suddenly sprayed into Kumo's eyes as the Stalker screeches, throwing the shrapnel in an attempt to blind and wound Kumo. Indeed, she is temporarily blinded as the shards land, forced to stagger back and narrowly avoiding all but one attack from the other spiders, tearing a gash in her side.

Electricity runs across Crocoite's carapace, closing the cuts in his armour inflicted by the spiders.

Seven spiders amble out of the woods, ready for battle. The sound of a large horde skittering not far behind can be heard.
>I sense this next wave will be far larger. Brace yourselves for a swarm.<
A large wave of reinforcements will arrive in two turns.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 14, 2017, 12:49:48 pm »

Tanis casts Jump on Spot the Leopard, and sets his lance.  Spot takes advantage of his new jumping bonus to pounce a full sixty feet or so, letting Tanis slam his lance into Scrak's chest at high speed even as the cat savages whatever he can reach.  Then, in a burst of vengeful inspiration, Tanis casts Wood Shape, letting him temporarily alter the shape of wooden objects he touches however he wishes.  He then causes spikes to burst from the sides of his lance, inside Scrak.  "Now, despoiler, now murderer, you pay for your crimes!  You will be redeemed.  As fertilizer."
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 14, 2017, 01:05:47 pm »

The remaining orc minions still standing recover from the utter chaos of the battle as they look around, scrabbling for weapons to attempt to fight back, only to realise the rest of their companions are lying very still on the field, barely breathing, as if preserved by some sort of magic and held at the very brink of death, and their leader is sitting in the middle of the group, impaled hard through the chest with a spear. Their only escape route, the hole through the wall, is blocked off by Hector and Ryuko, staring at them with a predatory glare.

They drop their weapons, raising hands to surrender. There is no point in fighting or running. Only waiting for what comes after.

Objective: Defeat Scrak Rainfire achieved. Map complete!
+2 Stat Points to allocate.

Ophelia's voice sounds in their heads suddenly.
>Good job. I had expected to have had to assist you more, but it seems you didn't need it. Discord's magic is still upon them, preserving them in a near-death state; perhaps he means to use them for later. I cannot imagine he has unlimited armies. If possible, figure out what you can from them and then extract them. Better we deny Discord his soldiers.<

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #336 on: August 15, 2017, 03:13:49 pm »

Nobunaga started to walk up to each of the downed orcs. "One of the advantages of being a vigilante," he commented as he pulled a small device from his pocket, which seemed to produce some sort of magical chains to hold the limbs of their fallen foes - starting with the ones not half-dead, of course. "Of course, there are no Librarium branches here to remove them, but this Magic Formula isn't particularly complex. One not bound could likely force them, given time." He did his best to ignore the arrow still jutting from his shoulder.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 15, 2017, 03:21:38 pm »

Ryuko looks around, still pulsing with adrenaline, looking massively irritated by the large hole in her hoodie. She emits a low, growling noise.
"God fucking damn it. These assholes cut another hole in my clothes. I need to go grab some spares! Just ask them shit already so we can leave!"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 15, 2017, 03:41:54 pm »

It took a while before the group was whole down there -- their sniper had to climb back down the slope in the ground that led to the fort. Eventually he did make it though, sniper rifle once again slung across his back and a grin across his face.
"Mission success, no deaths on our part, and our enemy is giving us prisoners to interrogate. Injuries aside, this mission went pretty fantastically. Guess a couple big guys with medieval weapons can't stand up to our varied little squad, huh?"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 17, 2017, 04:14:20 pm »

Eugh. Blinding, what a bullshit tactic. Kumo was fed up.

Twisting her wrist bracer once more, she cried out as her form shifted to Mibojin Form, expending a great amount of Will. She then performs a massive sweep with her two scythe hands, attempting to cull the horde of spiders.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 17, 2017, 04:18:48 pm »

Ryuko simply snorts and cracks her knuckles as she looks over the group of incapacitated orcs.
"Oh, the FUN I'd have if you weren't all protected by some dumb magic thing. Well, go on, then. Interrogate them. I'm itching to get my hands dirty. Ooh, can I beat up the leader? He looks nice and big. His face looks punchable."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 19, 2017, 12:47:48 pm »

"They just keep coming..." The dragon king muttered. They seemed to be culling them away rather well, but it didn't change the fact that there were always more waiting in the wings. He could only wonder how things were going in the tower; the porticoes had been wrenched open again and he could hear the sounds of battle, but there was little time to try and peer through the dark.

Seven more. About to be seven piles of scrap as far as he cared.

"Cover me," he called to Micrea."The ones who manage to get out of the way should be too distracted to avoid you..." The dark brown of his eyes had given way to a spreading, emerald green as his pupils elongated, warping, twisting until they were reptilian slits, his canines growing more pronounced. The bronze of his skin began to sheen unnaturally in places, shimmering almost like the scales of some great serpent, and indeed, patches of it had become just that- scales.

Yggdril writhed in his hands, creaking, groaning as it's length extended, as if in reaction to the kindred aura now pouring off it's master. Taking the lance in both hands with a massive spin, wielding it more like a bo staff than a spear now, Leonidas wasted no time leaping upon the remaining gaggle of foes, sweeping wildly as he spun, turned, and pivoted from one strike to another, as if locked in some deadly dance, all the while bellowing a battle cry that sounded nigh identical to the roars of an enraged dragon...

Leonidas activates Draconian Instinct, greatly increasing his Melee and Mobility but lowering his accuracy. He then pounces upon the remaining strider's, making wide sweeping attacks with his lance, attempting to hit as many as he can.

Micrea should join Leonidas in his all-out-attack assault, taking to opportunity to try and strike any of the striders who evade Leon by surprise.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 12:50:17 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 19, 2017, 01:03:31 pm »

Florida does raise an eyebrow at Ryuko's evidently changed attitude, but resigns himself to just shrugging anyway. "I'm not an interrogator, back where I'm from we had this terrifying scientist lady to do that for us. Their leader is looking kind of dead, though. Didn't really expect this from you, I have to say, but combat does that to people sometimes. Or maybe it's the Hulking out part."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 19, 2017, 01:21:50 pm »

Ryuko's murderous grin simply widens as she turns to Florida.
"Oh, so you think Ryuko's home now? Do you think that timid little quim could do this? Well....maybe, if she quit being such a pussy and got off her ass and did all the work instead of making me do it."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #344 on: August 19, 2017, 01:32:02 pm »

"Well, if you have such complaints about doing work, why not leave and let her do the work of explaining what on earth you are and why she didn't feel the need to tell us you existed?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41