Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21572 times)

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #315 on: July 19, 2017, 07:00:24 am »

Black fire again bloomed in the Dragoneer's hands and along his spear, as he eyed the rustling tree-line "Let them come...I'll try to catch the first few by surprise, after that we can strike the remainder as they get closer."

Leonidas holds his ground. The moment the next wave arrives, he'll execute Fangs of Avarice and send the dragon construct out in a sweeping motion to try and clear out the initial approach, before attacking any stragglers who get close enough with his lance.

Mircea should also hold his ground, using his mount to trample and kick any Striders who get close enough, along with attacking them with his lance.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:03:00 am by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 21, 2017, 11:40:34 am »

Tanis casts Bull's Strength on himself to enhance his charisma, obvs his might, and advances on Scrak's position, lance set.  "You!  You may not remember me, but I remember you creature!  For the land you have abused, for the people you have murdered, your life ends today!"
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #317 on: July 23, 2017, 10:47:51 pm »

"Tanis, if you could end this quickly, that'd be stellar!" Nobunaga hurried toward the warrior, though he tried to keep a safe distance and aware of incoming attacks; to this end, he projected an Armagus designed to shoot down projectiles. It hadn't been particularly successful in tests (it took too long to aim itself to intercept bullets and the man-portable version didn't have the power to down missiles) but it should suffice for something as low velocity as arrows. After all, he only had to deflect them, not destroy them entirely.

"Here, use this. Completely eco-friendly, I assure you." Another shimmering announced the appearance of a jetpack on Tanis's back - one constructed of biodegradable synthetic materials, designed to break down quickly after use to stop the design from falling into enemy hands. Also not field-deployed due to said materials being annoyingly difficult to manufacture with, but, well, there were certain considerations that just didn't matter when you had a Drive like his.

Armagus Assist on Tanis, jetpack to assist charges. Also protect self with device meant to deflect arrows by shooting them.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 26, 2017, 03:00:34 am »

SHWP! SHWP! SHWP!
Sounds emanated from Florida's trusted laser sniper as he lined up shot after shot -- and hit each one with a careful headshot, each shot having results that were both rather graphic and extremely effective. This kind of success, it didn't come from a way of shooting, but a way of thinking, a trance of spotting the enemy, and with a brutally efficient aim and pull, shooting them, a way of mindset developed during a long war. It took him back to some the missions it had helped him through: Goa. Alice Springs. Tel Aviv. Dire Dawa. Staffordshire. Angel Sandoval. ...Denver.

But the trance had to end sometime, and when it did Florida swept a critical eye on the battlefield situation -- he'd nailed several of them, nice. "Good effect on target," he crowed to himself, but then went back to the seriousness of the battle -- it looked like Ryuko was not in a fantastic position, even if she could evidently muscle out and beat orcs up. Well, as a sniper, that was the kind of thing he was in a good position to help with. Raising his sniper rifle, Florida steadied it... and then he fired once again, a beam of brilliant red now aimed towards the one of Scrak's bodyguards barreling down at Ryuko.

Shoot at the Bodyguard attacking Ryuko!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 27, 2017, 10:00:53 pm »

((Quickpost before I forget))

Sera would charge down the Orc shooting at her, dodging on the way, and try to take him out - or at least remove his means of fighting. Whichever's easier.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 28, 2017, 10:10:02 am »

Using one will point, Crocoite digs it's hands into the gate and tries to wrench it open.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 29, 2017, 02:22:33 am »

Kumo notices the prowess of those around her, and then realises that they were missing someone. Looking back, she saw Crocoite not doing terrific, she left the others.

She returned to assist Crocoite, taking out as many spiders as possible with her scythe to give them some room to move.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 02, 2017, 09:22:50 pm »

Fort
Turn Five
~Battle Theme: March to Deliverance~
Objective: Defeat Scrak Rainfire

>They're running low in ammunition and numbers, so they lack the capability to pull any more volleys. As they say, run wild.
And indeed Hector does, with the poise of a predator waiting to strike. It doesn't take him long before he heads to the opening Ryuko carved into the wall, enemies all in sight and in range for him to take out with a burst of fire. He manages to meet up with Sera and Tanis, having full view of the chaos inside.

Tanis' body swells with strength as he casts a spell on himself to increase his power, charging at Scrak with the strength of a bull, filled with righteous rage at the man who had caused him so much pain. A jetpack appears on his back to boost his speed as Nobunaga, sprinting towards him to join his allies spawns his prototype point-defense device.  The orc warlord seems to brace himself, otherwise not seeming particularly fazed by Tanis' declaration.

Ryuko wrenches herself to her feet, bloodlust and rage in her once-innocent eyes as she tackles the bodyguard advancing upon her, despite being somewhat staggered by the assault. The bodyguard fails to duck aside in time, surprised by how quickly the girl pulled herself to her feet, and Ryuko's hand rips through him like a hot knife through butter, a splatter of orcish blood painting Ryuko's cheek as she thrusts him back, clutching the wound torn in the side of his chest.

A blast of red light strikes him in the center of mass as Florida finishes off Ryuko's attacker, the orc falling back with a pained yelp as smoke sizzles from his burned chest, the sniper having taken the opportunity his ally opened. The girl's wounds continue sealing up, almost as if nothing had ever happened to her as the last of her wounds disappear, with nary a blemish to reveal her injuries.

Sera charges the other bodyguard as quickly as she can. Surprisingly, the remaining bodyguard catches her charge, managing to intercept her with his own weapon and locking her down. Sera, however, is far swifter and defter despite her opponent matching her strength, and she swipes the weapon out of his arms through pure leverage, leaving him fumbling for a spare.

Scrak nocks another arrow, aiming at Tanis as he charges at him. His arrow, however, flies off the mark, not helped by Sera suddenly rushing towards him as well to assail his bodyguard. Finally forced to fight at close range, the warlord draws an imposingly large battleaxe and hacks at Sera, Sera taking a massive cut to the arm as she manages to barely evade his fierce swipe. His bodyguard draws a shortsword at last, emboldended by the aid of his commander, as both circle Sera and close in.

The remaining soldier on the wall looses an arrow at Nobunaga to attempt to intercept him, but his device blasts the arrow in midair. Whatever use it didn't have for bullets, it made up for in being useful against mere arrows. The remaining cleric yanks himself to his feet, still wounded but alive.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 10:38:50 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 02, 2017, 10:38:42 pm »

Tower
Turn Three
Battle Theme ~Teleglitch Track 2~
Objective: Rout all enemies.

Mircea attempts to defend against a charge from the arriving spiders, but the swarm is far too large and fast even for him. One spider latches onto him despite his best attempts and slashes him through the chinks in his armor, causing him to cry out in pain as blood spills forth from the deep wound. He swipes back at the spider, smashing it against a nearby tree, clutching his arm tightly as he retreats back.

A burst of flames annihilates another two spiders as Leonidas unleashes his wrath into incoming reinforcements. The stragglers, however, are far too quick for Leonidas, and they simply evade his spear as they sweep over him, trying to now avoid him and his mounted ally, sensing his strength is too much for them to overcome.

Kumo launches herself back towards Crocoite, slipping deftly into the arena the Chrome Conqueror has been sealed in. Her scythe lashes out at the spiders within, catching one of the spiders and shattering them with the force of the blow but not hitting the others or the Silicate Stalker. The remainder begin to jump on her, but Kumo, unlike Crocoite, is fast enough to avoid their blade-like legs, which stab into the ground where the Kamui wearer was but a mere second ago.

Crocoite, meanwhile, takes the opportunity opened by their ally to attempt to even the odds. With great effort of will Crocoite attempts to open the sealed gate, placing hands underneath it to boost it open. The gate, though heavy, is no match for Crocoite's might, and after a brief, but concerted effort, the Conqueror opens the gate, allowing his allies outside to intervene.

Reinforcements for the enemy will arrive in one turn.

The Silicate Stalker may talk.
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 04:20:43 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 02, 2017, 10:39:35 pm »

>In position. Opening fire.<
The sensors were in place, the models were calculated, all that was left was to act. Weapon guided by his angel,
blindfiring but not blind, Hector swings his weapon out the corner keeping as much of himself in cover as possible, movements bearing a characteristic jerkiness tempered by precision and experience. He watches through the sensors, no cover, no escape from his gaze, calculations and contingencies racing through his mind, a grim trinity forming between his thoughts, his angel, and his sensors. Before, before he was out of his weapon's effective range, lacking in cover, and needing to close in. Such was not the case now.

Full automatic fire. Aim Assist with Sensor uplink. Predictive modelling. Kill the Cleric. Kill the Guard, fan out from the corner if need be. If there is time remaining, fire upon remaining hostiles as openings present themselves; method of firing for these will be two two-round bursts.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 03, 2017, 01:00:44 pm »

The mission was well under control now, Florida noted. There were very few of their opponents left fighting, and Florida expected those to get cleaned up very soon. Still, that was no reason to get complacent, because those few soldiers that were left were still dangerous, and Sera in particular was in trouble -- so Florida would do his job, and lighten that trouble. He shifted his rifle towards Scrak's remaining guard, aiming in...
Shoot Scrak's other bodyguard.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 04, 2017, 10:26:14 am »

Tanis does his level best to apply his lance to Scrak's face.  Or somewhere else important.  He's not exactly picky about where he sticks this.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #327 on: August 10, 2017, 04:18:23 pm »

Nobunaga takes an instant to wonder why he agreed to this, and then draws his glowing blade and charges in, doing his best to avoid damage first and then inflict damage on Scrak and his minions.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 11, 2017, 07:18:36 am »

Kumo frowns. The Silicate Stalker still escaped her grasp. What a bother.

Sticking on it's trail, she attempted to slash the Silicate Stalker, mostly ignoring the other spiders.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 11, 2017, 10:10:54 am »

Sera takes a deep breath - alright, evidently her defenses are worth jack shit to these guys. In that case... Sera's armor glows blue as the bodyguard and Scrak circle, and as they approach, there's a loud SNAP as Sera's energy shields break and the glow transfers to her jets - she's rerouted the power[/i] from her shields to focus on speed. Quick as a flash she charges down Skrak and slashes his legs from under him, and holds him in place for Tanis' finishing strike.

Using a point of Will, too.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 41