Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21574 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

So she's got abilities after all. Massive temperature spike, and a seemingly equal increase in physical ability. . . But that's irrelevant for now. "You may want to stand back." A white glow, brighter than what had previously resulted from Nobunaga's projections, and a roughly tube-shaped grid that quickly coalesced into some sort of cannon appeared in his hands. The sensors he had projected faded as the new one required more focus - especially if he wanted to maintain the shields currently warding off further assault.

He mentally followed the line that the arrow currently embedded in Angelo had traveled along, and loosed a blast from his new weapon at it; a white-hot line lanced out toward Scrak, hopefully piercing the veil of darkness around him.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #286 on: June 01, 2017, 04:02:00 am »

Tanis casts "Animal Growth" on his leopard, taking it from normal leopard size to the size and weight of a horse, with a porportional increase in physical abilities.  "You defilers will pay!" He declares, urging his leopard into a charge, "We'll kill you all!  Let's go, Spot!"  They charge the nearest orc, Tanis striking first with his lance and Spot the leopard following it up with a pounce and bite.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 01, 2017, 04:07:42 am »

The creature that was Ryuko, meanwhile, takes the other one with a roar, charging towards them with the poise of a wrestler and the speed of a sprinter. Her body ripples with heat from her recent transformation, her abilities far beyond what could remotely even be considered human.

Now she could tell from a glance that the wall in this area was weak. Her eyes pierced the darkness within, but that wouldn't help her without a way in. Jumping in would be easier, but far too obvious. She'd survive being riddled with arrows, but it was still a pain in the backside to pull the things out.

However, she did know that she could break a hole into the fort with the right amount of force in the right spot. Like a punch.

Or, in this case, an eight foot tall orc hitting it at speed.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:11:38 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 01, 2017, 04:18:47 am »

Hector looks through his Sensor at the fort, and if there's any blindspots, deploys another to reduce it, otherwise he Scans though it seeing if there's anything for his rounds to detonate. He creeps down lower and lower, seeking to either get onto more solid ground or more solid cover before seeing if he couldn't relocate to some cover with a better line of fire.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 01, 2017, 04:50:27 pm »

Hmm... An empty tower? Yeah right. There's gotta be somethin' in here, just waitin' for her to jump right in and get chomped up, or whatever.

Kumo waits atop the fence, for Crocoite to walk in before she jumps on the ground.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 02, 2017, 03:55:34 pm »

An arrow thumped an inch from Florida's head, and he simply thought: well, obviously keeping my back to them isn't going to work out, but I can't afford to be hasty. So Florida continued to climb, but keeping himself turned toward the side so that he could stop and take a potshot back at any one firing at him if he was lucky.
Florida continues going for cover at the lip of the recess, but assumes a position while doing so that makes him slower but more able to respond to enemy fire. Also, a Will is blown to make such a ridiculous climbing position more viable.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 04, 2017, 04:06:49 pm »

Sera, dodging a couple of arrows, keeps up the pace - she charges down the nearest of those that had ambushed Ryuko and Tanis and slashes at them with her glaive, and tries to keep an orc between herself and the archers so that they think twice about firing on her.

Do above
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 08, 2017, 12:12:17 pm »

Fort
Turn Two
~Battle Theme: March to Deliverance~
Objective: Defeat Scrak Rainfire

The magical thunderstorm continues to rage, with three bolts landing. Two wound their targets, throwing them asunder from the force of the blast. One hits its mark particularly well; so well, in fact, that they collapse on the spot, completely and literally electrified by the blast!

Tanis attempts to make his monster grow, so to speak, and cast a spell of magical growth on his cheetah. However, there must still be some residual interference in the air, because the spell fails to take at all, instead causing Tanis and his mount to be staggered temporarily by the pain of the backlash. The healthier ambusher attempts to rush Tanis, but even in his dazed state, Tanis manages to yank his mount out of the way in time, causing the ambusher to tumble past him, before charging at him in retaliation. His lance grazes the orc's exposed back, drawing blood and wounding them.

The large monster of an orc whips around with a sword to try to catch Tanis on the backswing in response, only to be bumrushed by Sera's glaive. They barely have enough room to evade Sera's slash, taking the blade straight to their arm as Sera uses the combination of her strength and the glaive to swing the orc between her and the fort, before pushing herself back towards Tanis. Now intensely furious, the orc attempts to catch them both with a wide slash; staying in the way will most certainly hurt, but he doesn't make it too difficult to dodge.

As for his poor companion, the other ambusher attempts to charge at Ryuko with a blade out, hacking at her in a desperate attempt to strike her before their companion notices her. His blade finds no such purchase as Ryuko catches his arm as his sword swings over her head, her other arm hefting the much taller orc up with ease. With a bloodthirsty roar, Ryuko smashes her unfortunate victim into the weakspot she'd identified.

The sickening sound of bone breaking against wood, followed by the less sickening noise of wooden trunks shattering fills their ears as Ryuko smashes a hole into the fort, her inhuman eyes peering through the darkness as if it weren't there, discarding her expended impromptu battering ram with a casual, almost flippant motion. Unfortunately for her, orcs see equally well in the dark and, unlike most amateurs, are well-trained enough to react on the turn of a dime, and one looses an arrow straight into her shoulder. Ryuko growls as she stumbles back, glaring at her shooter as her attacker nocks the next arrow.

Hector, meanwhile, uses his sensors to catch out those hiding in the darkness. He notes three potential targets as he carefully makes his way to a better position; two are mounted on the walls, two wounded already by thunderbolts. Whatever interference was blinding his sensors seems to be gone, as he detects no blindspots. As for cover, he manages to find a nice alcove; a pair of rocks and a bush close enough to the fort, a straight shot into the hole Ryuko just made. He can just make out one magic user through the darkness using his sensor; it'll be a difficult shot, but he might make it.

Florida, meanwhile, refuses to be cowed! Through sheer willpower, he manages to scrabble to the top of the recess, stumbling into a spot upon the lip with tall enough grass and enough stones to keep him completely hidden. He also has a perfect view straight into the fort. Perfect for a sniper like himself, of course.

Nobunaga, still protected by shields, attempts to fire back at Scrak, mentally tracing his shot through the darkness. Firing back with his projected weapon, Nobunaga ignores the occasional arrow smacking futilely into his shield as he returns the favour, blasting a white-hot projectile into the darkness.

Of course, the problem with white-hot projectiles that glow hot enough to see through the darkness is that it works both ways.

Indeed, the projectile misses its mark, barely scuffing Scrak's foot as the orc warlord staggers back, avoiding the heat of the blast with scarce enough time to react. The projectile's trail, however, manages to pierce the darkness enough that a few of the orcs hidden by it are revealed, however briefly. Perhaps it might be a good time to try again.

Scrak, unfazed by the projectile, calmly turns his bow towards Ryuko. With practiced calm, he looses another arrow towards the girl, who barely evades the shot as it opens up her right sleeve, opening up a cut on her arm. Ryuko hisses in retaliation, yanking the other arrow out of her shoulder with a bestial growl. Had anyone been looking any closer, of course, one would notice that her wounds are beginning to close, the ends of the wounds beginning to scab over and the scabs falling away to reveal scarless, unblemished skin.

Meanwhile, within the fort, the orcs attempt to regroup, pulling back closer as their numbers dwindle, gathering closer and closer to their leader. The clerics try to tend to their wounded as much as possible, as a few retreat from the walls to cover the gaping hole Ryuko has just made.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 12:26:54 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 08, 2017, 12:26:32 pm »

Tower
Battle Theme ~Teleglitch Track 2~
Kumo remains on the wall, gazing around as Crocoite enters the compound, gazing into the darkness for any sign of movement. Mircea, Leonidas and Miyu remain outside, the former pacing the area on horseback as the other two remain closer to the entrance.

A moment passes.

The sound of a blade cutting steel rings out as the gate lowers to the compound with a slam.

Crocoite is trapped inside, Leonidas and Miyu barely being able to evade the gate as it crashes down. Kumo can still get inside through the top, and it might indeed be useful, as skittering sounds begin once more. Crocoite and Kumo, in the darkness of the canopy, can barely make out the outlines of the creatures, which appear to be spider-like in shape, made of some reflective, transparent substance like glass. The largest of the creatures, Crocoite may recognise.

It is the entity known as the Silicate Stalker.

Outside, Mircea, Leonidas and Miyu have only seconds more as warning, as the trees and bushes part around them, ten skittering shapes emerging and surrounding the group.
>Be careful. Stay close and do not get swarmed.<
"What are these creatures? Tch, no matter! You lead the way, my comrades! You know these better than I!"
The Silicate Stalker may talk.
Mircea is under player control. Designate an action for Mircea to execute.
Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 12:30:01 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 08, 2017, 07:41:05 pm »

Expend Will Point. Synchronize fire with the storm. Eliminate the magic user.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #295 on: June 08, 2017, 08:39:00 pm »

The flashes of lighting allowed Nobunaga a decent view of both his enemies and Ryuko, confirming his suspicions. Yet I'm somehow the crazy one for wanting to know what was going on with the girl. That isn't even remotely natural, and judging by the sound, not exactly the safest thing. Still, he had other concerns at the moment.

Nobunaga fires his weapon at Scrak, and then fires again where he believes the orc will dodge.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 12, 2017, 07:11:14 pm »

Tanis attempts to take down the healthier of the orcs coming after him with his lance.  As much as he'd like to go after Scrak right away, he'd rather not be stabbed in the back while doing it.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 17, 2017, 08:49:24 am »

"You heard her!" Leon bellowed as the automatons surged forward, the commands unwavering, practiced like they'd been given a thousand different times "Form up, back to back, leave no sides open for them to sneak on! Hopefully our metallic friend inside can handle himself until we clear them out."

His lance surged with black fire in the meantime, as he watched their movement. There was little point or sense charging forward here, best to let them try to make the first strike. Which suited him perfectly fine in all honesty...

Leon follows his own advice above and prepares to use Fangs of Avarice against the first Silicate Elite Spider to get close enough to the group, and follow it up with a basic strike from his spear

Micrea should also form up, and prepare to use Emperor's Entrance once the spiders close in, and perform a follow-up attack on whichever spider Leon targets
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:55:37 am by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 18, 2017, 03:18:01 am »

Florida was silent for a moment, laying at his spot, while he moved his sniper rifle towards Scrak. Yeah... he'd give the big bastard a hell of a surprise, he would. He bet that the warlord wouldn't be anywhere close to ready for a laser like this.
Florida shoots at Scrak, and dumps a Will point into it!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 19, 2017, 01:57:02 pm »

Uesugi Miyu draws Dai Surassha in one smooth motion and settles into a combat stance. An immense pressure starts to emanate from her body, as her aura settles onto her companions in arms. The perfectly ordinary schoolgirl's features twist themselves into a fearsome grimace as she waits for the enemy to strike.

Miyu's Awesome Presence grants Cybernetic Speed to Mircea and Leonidas, making it easier for them to dodge incoming attacks.

Miyu slashes at the first Silicate Spider that enters her range and not a moment before.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41