Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21569 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Sera raises an eyebrow. "Oh, you're the first person to notice." she says, adjusting her glasses. "A friend made them - a scientific genius in my world."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Oliver bursts through the wall, makes out with Sera and flips off Nobunaga
Ryuko continues huddling over her now much-dwindled pile of food, finishing off the last of the meat and scarfing it down like an unfed child.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"To be fair, it's quite literally impossible for me to miss anything mechanical unless one goes to the trouble of concealing it magically. Either way, I'm inclined to agree with this friend being a genius; as far as I can tell they are spectacularly built."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Never heard that sort of power before." Sera notes. "How'd you come across it? There are many ways where I'm from, but not sure about your world."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"It's something that developed several years back, or at the very least that's when it showed itself. It's a phenomenon connected to the Boundary and by extension the Azure - a sort of space filled with raw information. It's said that Drives are the products of strong souls drawing the Azure to themselves; I'm not sure about that theory, personally, as I wouldn't claim that my soul was particularly strong. Regardless, it's incredibly convenient for someone in my line of work. As well as my former one." He thinks for a moment. "What does your world look like, anyway? It seems from your comments that there are quite a few individuals with powers running about there."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DragonRage

• Bay Watcher
  • Mwahahahahahahahaha
    • View Profile

Tanis stays in a corner with a large plate of food, feeding his big, scary kitty as much meat as he wants.  Being a slightly broody, loner druid, this many people and this much civilization makes him rather uncomfortable.
"If a lightning bolt can't solve your problems, you aren't being creative enough." - Zoe Walker

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Next Morning
After you have all presumably acquired rooms in the small palace, you are all summoned by Ophelia's voice in your heads, woken up by her presence in your heads. The first rays of light shine into the floor where the rooms are; mostly furnished with simple wooden beds and various containers to put belongings in.

While you debate the politeness of someone waking you up like this, the content of what Ophelia has to say is more alarming.
>Please, meet with Lord Mircea and myself by the entrance of the palace. I have found something that requires an urgent and immediate meeting.<

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Florida was one of the first people to show up at the entrance of the palace. He had years of experience with getting up at times like 2:00 AM or 3:00 AM for an emergency mission halfway across the world to go fight aliens somewhere like Kinshasa or Tianjin or Minsk, after all, so getting up in the actual morning really wasn't a problem for him in the slightest. He ran out to the entrance, armor donned already and with his gun across his back.
"What's going on?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sera is shortly behind Florida, in the same casual clothes as yesterday (seeing as she's got no other clothes) and doesn't seem to particularly care about getting up early. "Good morning. What's the meeting about?" she says.
Sigtext!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ophelia and Mircea are standing by the entrance, as promised. Mircea is standing outside the palace, quietly speaking in an unknown tongue- it sounds to anyone who might be familiar to the languages like a mixture of Romanian and Swedish- to the large, white armored horse that he rode upon yesterday, seeming to soothe the vast steed.

Ophelia herself looks perfectly ladylike and calm despite it being really early in the morning. Perhaps she grooms herself well.
"I apologise for waking you all up at such an early hour, but I have located our enemies. Earlier, I did a preliminary sweep of the area around us for several miles and I located a group of armed humanoids- tall, with grey skin and heavily armed- occupying an abandoned, flooded fort. This fort was one of the locations where a series of old weapons, powerful enough to level cities, was stored, so I suspect Discord is attempting to acquire one for his own aims.

I also detected activity in a nearby watchtower, directly in a position to warn anyone in the fort of incoming intruders. I am not sure of the nature of whatever is in there, but it isn't human. Discord's magic is preventing me from identifying anything further than that- I sense that it is part of the abilities he grants his Fiends.

However, at this stage, I would advise that you split into two groups. One group ensure that whoever is in the tower is unable to warn or assist the people in the flooded fort. The others should intercept Discord's forces at the fort itself and ensure that the weapon is not acquired. Crocoite, I suggest that your strength might be required at the tower, in order to ensure that, if this unknown entity is powerful, it is restrained. Lord Mircea will also accompany you to the tower, in order to ensure there are no stragglers who might warn their allies. Master Tanis, I suggest you should go with the others to the weapon. Your talents with magic might be of use against their group. The rest of you, decide now where you'll go."
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 06:05:26 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"I should be able to contribute a fair amount to the mission at the fort; I can provide tools to deal with the things ruins like that tend to throw at people. As well as knock down walls if need be."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Connor takes a moment to think. "Both of these battles are looking indoors, which isn't great for me, but... I'm willing to bet quarters are even closer in the tower, so put me down for the fort mission."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

Angelo stands up straight. "Put me in the fort, I guess."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I-I think I should go to the fort too..."

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Leonidas noted the number volunteering to clear the fortress. Personally he had no real preference either way. Besides, If things kept following their current trend, there likely wouldn't be many others coming along to put down the sentries...
     "I'll assist in securing the tower." he says simply
« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 09:20:27 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 41