Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21568 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Ryuko slowly backs away from the situation, lifting her plate and moving away from the offending madness.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

Kumo looks up from stuffing her face full of food, having a seemingly endless plate in front of her.

"Wow. Great goin', guys. Real team spirit."

Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

Leonidas simply sits, silent and unmoving as the argument plays out further down the table. His plate is empty, his goblet as well- whether he'd even bothered to sample anything was a mystery. Nor does he really seem interested, from how his fingers were bridged before him pensively. He could not help but notice as the girl at the center of the pointless scrutiny got up and began to retreat however- nor could he blame her.
    "You're welcome to sit over here, if you'd like." He called to Ryuko, voice a deep and graveled rumble. An still-empty seat stood nearby.
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ryuko gazes over at him, looking for all the world like a gazelle trapped in the headlights. She manages to hold on to her plate regardless.
"A-are you sure?" Her voice, in comparison, is rather high and small, very little gravitas within.
Oh, one of those types. Strong, silent, all badass and looking all high and mighty. As if we needed more of those. Hey, at least he's kinda hot; and he won't ask any stupid questions. Not like that Florida guy, though. That one's a looker!
Would you quit that, please?
Sorry, not in our deal~ Should've specified if you wanted me to pipe shut while you keep me all cooped up.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"I've already explained multiple times why the eating concerns me; by itself it is a relatively innocuous factor, but when combined with the abject refusal to provide any information whatsoever about combat ability - which I have asked about in an effort to ensure that we can at least begin to prepare for combat - raises massive red flags." He returns Kumo's glare. "I believe I've already stated this as well: camaraderie is a thing that I, personally, am willing to sacrifice if it means I can be certain of those around me."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile

"Doesn't seem that anyone else is interested in taking it." The Dragoneer answered, "So I don't see why not. Besides, I don't think those three down there are going to come to a stalemate in their pointless debate anytime soon." He nodded to the still ongoing dialogue from the one who had instigated the matter to begin with, as he spoke "Let them argue. That one right there can't pry you anymore if he's too distracted."
     In all honesty though, the argument at the other end of the table reminded all too much of the nobility from his realm. Bickering and Scrutinizing, just two things the Warlords of Ocrea did best when they weren't wasting countless lives trying to conquer each other. Or begging for help whenever a Dragon dropped out of the sky and started reducing their entire world to ash and cinder.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:17:41 pm by Stratos »
"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ryuko meekly takes the seat, uttering a quiet "Thank you" to Leonidas and continuing to eat her food in peace. She however seems to be eating it rather quickly, going through the pile of meats like a hot knife through butter. She doesn't show it aside from that, but she does seem rather grateful for the opportunity to keep whatever she's hiding secret for a little longer.

Ophelia closes her eyes as she takes another bite.
"Sometimes camaraderie will bring knowledge of its own. There are just things people ought not to know, and this, I feel, is one of them. Perhaps she'll tell us when she's ready to open up, and perhaps she will be ready when she feels comfortable with those around her."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Sera rubs her forehead as the arguing is giving her a pounding headache. Why couldn't the doctor turn headaches off or something when he was fixing her. She decides to interject. "Look at it this way. You do have a point, we need to know what people can do. I'm not going to say that's wrong because it's not. Thing is, you can't just go and ask someone you just met to say all their secrets. It'll come up before any battles anyway, more likely than not, and all that does is make people not want to work with you, which in a situation like this, is the opposite of what you want."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"I'm not exactly asking for her entire life story complete with annotations and video footage. I want to know what I'm going to be dealing with when the fighting starts - and why it's so important that I don't find out."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Perhaps it is because whatever it is she's hiding, it's far more than just combat ability. Or perhaps it has nothing to do with it and you are overreacting."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"Very well then. I've given my opinions; clearly pressing the issue further will accomplish nothing. I simply hope that my suspicions are unfounded." With that, he reached up toward his head, fiddling with something on his headphones for a moment. Then, he started after his plate again; he hadn't taken all that much so that he could comfortably finish his plate.
GM of Trespassers V2.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

"The present information is conflicting, how would additional information on the subject of Ryuko lead to it becoming less efficient?"
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I don't take your meaning."

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

"The thing's askin' why Ryookoh," Angelo stops for a moment, as if considering whether he was pronouncing the girl's name right (He wasn't). "Would be uncooperative if we kept nagging her about shit." He leans back a little, seemingly finished with the meal. "The answer's 'human emotion', by the way."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Nobunaga takes a few more bites before readjusting his headphones a bit and shifting in his seat to face Sera. "So, Cromwell was it? If you don't mind the question, how did you come to possess your cybernetic enhancements? They don't look like a design I've seen, but then that's not exactly unexpected."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41