Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21562 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Nobunaga, as well, seemed rather surprised by the girl's portion. Not one to let scientific curiosity be halted by something as trivial as table manners, he spoke up. "I apologize for presuming to ask about a lady's eating habits, but you seem to have a caloric intake far in excess of what would reasonably be expected given your overall bodily proportions. What would be the reason behind this?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Connor seems to have let himself totally relax, the sniper leaning backwards so that his chair was balanced upon its back legs and by his legs against the bottom of table's top. His portion isn't MASSIVELY large, but he's piled it with all sorts of carby foods -- bread, potatoes, and pastry, although there are a couple of sausages there as a concession to the need for protein. His cup is full of mead -- Connor's never had a problem with alcohol.
He rocks backwards ever so slightly and raises an eyebrow at Nobunaga, a slightly cheeky grin on his face -- his jocularity has increased further in the relaxed environment.
"Ssssasaki, it ain't good manners to just ask people how much they eat!"
Especially, he added to himself, a girl as skittish as Ryuko seemed to be.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:34:54 am by Powder Miner »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Oooh. This one's asking questions. Come on, tell him about me! He seems cute. I'll have fun with him.
Ryuko shifts uncomfortably at Nobunaga's prodding. "I-I was.....a little hungry, is all....I-I haven't eaten all day."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"That's a bit like claiming a doctor recommended you increase your iron intake when someone asks why you're eating their toaster."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Y-yes but.....I really h-haven't eaten much in a long time."

Ophelia sits down next to Connor, a relatively small portion on her own plate.
"Do you mind if I sit here?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Florida turns and blinks before moving his arm so that it isn't languorously stretched across the back of his chair and taking room up to the side, but he does in fact remain leaned back, his plate in his hand.
"Yeah, sure, go ahead. I don't see a reason why not, you know, and we are teammates and all. You're our group's Bradford, right? Er-- our mission control. The one keeping us up on information and stuff?"
He pulls a roll from his plate and stuffs his face with half of it as he awaits her response.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ophelia quietly sits down, setting her plate down.
"That is the intention, yes. May I ask what a Bradford is?"
She quietly chops a piece of steak up and takes a small piece from her plate. Her table manners are far more elegant and ladylike than one might expect. Especially considering the actual royal is upwind of her laughing uproariously as he guzzles down a goblet of mead.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

"I'm not a biologist by trade, but I don't believe it would be physically possible for someone your size to keep a plate that size down if one wasn't accustomed to eating like that on a daily basics - which in turn would result in rapid weight gain in a normal human." He closes his eyes and shakes his head. "Really, I don't understand this reticence. We're allies; we need to know about one another to function effectively as a group."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After a couple of moments of chewing (Florida is no Mircea when it comes to eating), Connor swallows the half of the roll and replies to Ophelia.
"Uhhh, it's the name of a guy I worked with back in my alien-fighting days. Central Officer John Bradford, it's his job to kind of coordinate things and find intel on them so the Commander knows his options and what choices to make, and also to make giving orders during the mission significantly easier for him. Guy wore this doofy sweater."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sonofabitch! Is he calling us fat? Fat?! That bastard! I ought to-
"All y-you need to know is that I-I can handle myself. T-that's all."
Let me at him! How dare he call us fat?!

Ophelia quietly nods.
"Oh. Was he a telepath?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Nope. He just used radio and stuff to communicate, which, uh... if you're from, like, medieval times or somethin' it's a device that allows communication over long distances. That and satellite (thing in space) images, collating sources from around the world, etc. He actually took the psi aptitude test after the war, but he didn't have the potential, embarrassed the hell out of him but he did his job damn well either way."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sophia gingerly prods the food on her plate with a fork as if expecting it to explode, which, judging by her general posture and distance from the table, might actually be the case. Only after watching the man beside her take several bites does she gather up the courage to eat. Hector for his part seems relaxed, for some definition of the term. Alert eyes scan across the doors and windows as his idly toys with his knife, trying to balance it on his finger in between uses.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I see....so you use.....technology to do what magic in my homeland does?"

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile

Angelo seems content with keeping quiet and focusing on his meal, a faint pink blush on his cheeks as he downs the last of his drink.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Basically, I guess. Hell, even psionics didn't exist until a couple of years ago in my world, so we didn't have anything that could really be considered magic." Florida proceeds to casually shove the rest of the roll in his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41