Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21543 times)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2017, 08:53:02 pm »

Unfortunately, Angelo has to walk. Running along, feebly attempting to catch up with the party, he crouches down with a heavy breath upon arrival. "Gimme a," he inhales sharply, "Gimme a fucking second."
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 25, 2017, 10:23:00 pm »

As if just to embarrass Angelo, Florida ran up after a little while behind him, also having had to walk... but thanks to his many operations hunting down crashed UFOS and traversing embattled cities, he wasn't as out of breath as the teenager, even if he was much slower.
"You just... created a motorcycle out of thin air, huh? You really must be from the future, huh?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #122 on: April 25, 2017, 10:50:05 pm »

"Well, to be fair, that's an ability that isn't strictly due to the level of technology I have available - though it doesn't work. I suppose you've never heard of the Azure?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 25, 2017, 11:52:02 pm »

"Uhhhh, nope, 'fraid not. Sounds like something unique to your world, if I had to take a guess. Or, well, I guess that's one possibility."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2017, 12:11:33 am »

"Well, it's a theoretical place within the Boundary, which can be accessed via Cauldrons - pardon me for using unfamiliar terms, but trying to explain what they all me would take more time than I likely have. To be short, it is a source of tremendous amounts of information and power, and this disseminates through the Boundary. It's believed that Drives - special abilities unique to an individual - are derived from some sort of connection to it. Some years back, I discovered my own Drive - termed Infinite Mirroring by people more versed in the study of the Boundary than myself - which allows me to store blueprints of most machinery I come across and reproduce it at will. Though the projections can be rather unstable at times; if I ever toss you a gun in the midst of a firefight, do toss it after about thirty seconds or so."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2017, 12:38:52 am »

Kumo simply runs with the others, arriving only slightly after Mircea.

She seems lost in the palace, and looks approvingly at Mircea. "Nice place ya' got. What kinda stuff in there?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2017, 12:43:43 am »

Recovering himself slightly, Angelo straightens up. "Good to fuckin' know, I guess. Next time, could you let one of us ride on your speedcart or "motorcycle" or whatever the hell that was? Or is it a one-seater?" He looks at Nobunaga accusingly.
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2017, 01:03:03 am »

"One-seater, and a bit temperamental besides. One of the disadvantages of relying on prototypes." He looks straight at Angelo. "Forgive me for being so rude as to not accommodate you."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2017, 01:47:52 am »

Florida put a hand to his chin. "So, like, it's some sort of... alternate space that you can draw some sort of energy from, and that gives you in particular some sort of memorization ability? Interesting. Not much like psionics where I come from. Uh, I'm not psi myself so the specifics escape me, but it's something about being certain people being able to amplify the energy of the neural connections of the mind, and instead of that frying the brain or causing some long term mental disease, with technology it can be consciously redirected to other minds or to the world around us. That's the way Moscow --one of my old comrades-- explained it to me, anyway."

Florida then grinned and patted the sniper rifle hanging from his shoulder. "Don't worry about giving me a weapon, by the way. This old workhorse has served me well for a very long time, and it'll probably serve me well for a lot longer. Good fun, reliable."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2017, 01:52:21 am »

Ryuko just looks entirely lost at Florida and Nobunaga, Despite her slight build and her size, she doesn't even remotely seem out of breath or tired, having got there with Mircea and Kumo.
"S-so....magic and telekinesis?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2017, 03:19:00 am »

Florida turned to Ryuko, grinning casually.
"That sounds like a good summary of our conversation, haha. Well, except that psychics can also mess around with peoples' heads."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2017, 04:40:21 am »

Sera casually walked along with the group. She wasn't even slightly out of breath for whatever reason. "I think both of your worlds work rather differently from mine in that respect. Powers over there are almost as varied as people." she said, as she adjusted her glasses once again.

She saw the stone palace ahead and was rather surprised at how a single man had done it so quickly without any apparent magical or technological aid - but then, if anyone could do it it'd be this man, from what she'd heard from him.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2017, 05:06:01 am »

"Not quite magic. That's beyond my ability or understanding, I must admit; the closest I've come to practicing true magic was designing Ars Armagus."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2017, 10:36:18 am »

"Is this a big ol' show and tell slash power measuring contest now?" Angelo quips form the side, looking at the castle with a certain expression, not quite distasteful but not quite approving either.
carrot cakeu

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2017, 10:41:50 am »

"Simply trying to ascertain the abilities of the group. It's necessary if we're to work together."
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41