Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41

Author Topic: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace  (Read 21548 times)

Gary_S_Modd

• Bay Watcher
  • chaos...
    • View Profile
Re: Bellum Aeternus: Novae Fabula [IC Thread] Chapter I: A Disturbed Peace
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2017, 07:54:29 am »

Ntchito, spinning on the joint of his droid foot stopped to bend backward over the front of his foot and make eye-contact with Harmony.
"So, what are we waiting for? lets find these things!" Ntchito says enthusiastically just before going back to slowly spinning on his foot while twirling what appears to be a chrome cane that he didn't have just a few seconds before.
"Discord is an awesome name... I should look into getting my named changed to that at some point..." he mumbled under his breath to himself as he spun.
~Gary S. Modd

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2017, 08:05:38 am »

"....d-didn't she just literally s-say that....we were just going to intercept them instead?" Ryuko finally pipes up from behind everyone.

Gary_S_Modd

• Bay Watcher
  • chaos...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2017, 08:49:37 am »

"..." Ntchito stopped spinning and looked at Ryuko. "oh... right... my bad."
with this, Ntchito goes back to spinning. curiously, the cane he was holding was no longer in is possession.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:02:20 am by Gary_S_Modd »
~Gary S. Modd

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2017, 09:00:56 am »

Kumo seems pensive at the idea of working with this... being? She couldn't tell. She'd heard the stories about a particular life-fiber hybrid who had the presence of the god, but was not one, and felt that her mission was true and the right solution, etc...

But maybe this was for real? Anyway, she saw no other way to get back to what she was doing at home, and thus she nodded. "Eh, seems alright."

Harmony seems satisfied by their answer.
"Very well. Ophelia will be able to point you to the Fiends once they act. And they will act first; they have had longer. Discord has planned this for a long time. I was foolish not to see it coming.

There are artifacts around this world- leftovers from an ancient war- that Discord will likely use his Fiends to acquire to win his war. I know not where they are; ancient magicks seal them from my sight and Discord's, but you and his Fiends, as they do not originate from this world, are unaffected by these spells. He will likely have used his Fiends to locate them by now; what you must do is intercept them at the weapons and fend off the Fiends before they acquire them."
"What kinda weapons are we dealin' with here? Guns? Swords? Sharp sticks?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2017, 09:30:20 am »

"From what research I have conducted, these weapons are powerful magical constructs. They appear to have shut down for millennia, but.....if you had sufficient power pumped into the weapons, they could have the destructive power, at the lowest setting, to level a whole city."
Mircea harrumphs, rubbing the back of his red mane.
"And at worst, you could part oceans and cleave whole continents! You could decimate whole empires in a day!"

Harmony doesn't seem to react to that aside from a slight nod.
"Ophelia and Mircea are correct. These weapons were designed for the decimation of worlds with ease with a minimum of power; their destructive power is only exceeded by Discord's own. If they were reactivated, it would be near-impossible to retaliate without one of our own. Destruction of these devices is untenable; the backlash would cause catastrophic damage."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 10:14:35 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2017, 10:13:43 am »

"Well, I could take a look at them after this is all done. I've got a way with machines, perhaps I could find a way to safely dismantle them. Regardless-" he rubs his hands together "- we should begin as soon as possible, then, to prevent further loss. If we've no information to follow, we should at least prepare somehow; perhaps we should discuss our abilities in combat?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2017, 10:26:27 am »

"Indeed so. I shall return to resting, once all inquiries have been settled. If you wish to speak with me, simply return to this dais and knock upon the door."
Mircea pumps his fist to his chest proudly.
"I have a place where we can stay in the village! A few of the locals and I have gotten acquainted, so to speak, and so we've built ourselves a humble abode."

Ophelia smiles a little at that.
"It isn't so little, milord." At that, the emperor laughs heartily; a habit he seems to be well-accustomed to by this point.
"You overestimate my skill outside battle, milady! It was a mere mean effort! A little stone, built up into hovels."

Gary_S_Modd

• Bay Watcher
  • chaos...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2017, 10:32:08 am »

"Sounds like an idea to me" Ntchito replied to Nobunaga. He had stopped spinning and was now balancing on his wooden cane by one hand, while the rest of him floated as if he were sitting in an invisible chair. "At least we do something while we wait for these disorganized nitwits to make their move."
He now stands back normally for the first time a a while, "When we are in that village, I will have to see if they have any shiny things for me to barter for..."
~Gary S. Modd

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2017, 10:42:49 am »

"Excellent. Though it may be a bit small for all of us." He gestured in the direction of the village. "Lead the way, King Mircea. We can discuss plans once we've arrived."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 24, 2017, 06:08:38 pm »

Kumo looks at Mircea. "What kinda food ya' got there, big guy? Ya' got a maid, so I'd hope it'd be good."
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 24, 2017, 06:19:15 pm »

Ophelia stares at Kumo weirdly.
"Are you suggesting I am Lord Mircea's maid? I....come from a different world from him. I am simply an ally of his. I do not serve him except as an equal partner."

Mircea laughs uproariously at the idea that Ophelia would be his maid.
"Indeed, Lady Ophelia is no maid, but a duke's daughter, from what she tells me! Besides, a woman of her talents ought to ride alongside me in battle, not be wasted upon some dotard's pantry like a prized pot! As for food.....well, I cannot promise a feast, but there will be food indeed. Are you all ready to ride out, my brothers?"

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 24, 2017, 06:21:05 pm »

Kumo blushes, but prepares to move on to Mircea's home. "Oh, heheh... Sorry 'bout that, I just kinda assumed. But let's move, shall we?"
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 25, 2017, 11:45:45 am »

Mircea clambers onto his horse, which seems almost as grand and large as he is. With a loud whoop, he sets off towards the village at almost blinding speed, leaving the others to catch up. Not exactly difficult, considering Mircea is a rather large man in shiny golden armor carrying a spear with the flag of his country on it.

As they ride into the village, they find the locals cheering Mircea on as he rides past. The locals seem to be pretty much normal humans in typical medieval attire. The most astonishing thing about the village, however, is the place Mircea is riding to.

In short, it's more or less a small palace made from stone with the Arvinian flag hanging over the front door, "small" meaning here about the size of a modern mansion. It's rather well-designed, if simple, and definitely not nearly as ornate as one might expect. Still, it is indeed a small stone palace.

Ophelia chimes into the group.
"I would like to mention that Mircea made this almost all by himself in the course of three days. Do not ask me how."
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:13:14 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Gary_S_Modd

• Bay Watcher
  • chaos...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 25, 2017, 01:45:44 pm »

"Quite impressive!" Ntchito exclaims as he walks up to the front door, looking up at the simple stone architecture, "Not the most pretty of places, but it does the job."
~Gary S. Modd

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #119 on: April 25, 2017, 01:54:35 pm »

As Mircea sets off, Nobunaga himself swings onto a motorcycle, appearing first as a grid of white lines before filling out with various metal tones and the black of sturdy rubber tires, finishing just as he puts his full weight onto it. If the machine's appearance wasn't enough to tip one off, the roar of the engine told anyone who knew anything about vehicles that the thing was overtuned to the point of dangerousness - a fact that didn't seem to slow down the one on it, as he rapidly closed the distance between him and Mircea.

Once they arrived, he hopped off the motorcycle, and it vanished in the reverse process of the one it'd appeared with - fortunately before it collides with one of the nearby buildings. "Impressive, to say the least. . ." The man had to have gotten help, somehow, or he had a grasp of magic that was beyond anyone he knew of - not that he knew any true magic users.
GM of Trespassers V2.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41