Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53

Author Topic: Middle-earth: Shadow of War  (Read 75277 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War
« Reply #600 on: October 07, 2017, 03:31:44 pm »

Wouldn't mind knowing this either. That said, it looks like it's stored (for Steam) in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[userid]\241930\remote\gamedata.sav. And that typically doesn't get nuked when you uninstall the game. So if you wanted to be sure, I'd copy that file out before you uninstall just to be on the safe side.

Finally preordered today, too.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:58:57 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 07, 2017, 03:46:56 pm »

That first number is probably just for you, nenjin. Mine was [completely different number]\241930\remote\gamedata.sav
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 07, 2017, 03:59:17 pm »

Yeah I think it's your internal Steam userid.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 09, 2017, 07:32:58 pm »

Looks like it's playable on Steam now.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 09, 2017, 08:02:41 pm »

Seems so. Been "updating" it for about the last 50 minutes, all on disk, according to my Steam usage.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 09, 2017, 08:43:16 pm »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 10, 2017, 12:55:34 am »

I don't think story is this series' strong point anyways.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 10, 2017, 01:30:25 am »

I wish they would've said something.  I went to bed at like 10 cause my sleep schedule is fucked up, woke up at 2, and now I'll probably have like a half hour to play before I have to go to work.
Shoes...

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 10, 2017, 01:35:01 am »

The storyline is quite decent but nothing special, just like its predecessor. It's your pretty archetypical powerfantasy stuff, could do with a Blind Guardian soundtrack :D

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 10, 2017, 02:22:07 am »

Enjoying it, for what it's worth. Haven't died yet on normal after 5 hours or so but I've had more than a few close calls. I enjoy getting loot from plowing through captains as I find them, I feel like my bloodlust is getting rewarded finally.

Levels are actually pretty decent IMO. Love the map screen this time around, actually shows off what's out there. Hoping to get out of story mode soon and start doing some region stuff but my collectathon OCD is slowing me down.

Not sure I like how fast guys adapt. Had a Defender Cheat Death on me so he ended up adapted to all my attacks. I think I ended up finally killing him with a shoulder charge while his guard was down. Between having no abilities and adaptation it's been keeping the early game really spicy when you have next to nothing to use against them. Tempted to go up to Hard but I kind of want to see what fort assaults are like first.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 10, 2017, 07:47:40 am »

Been playing it for about two hours now. I don't have any complaints - but then again the things I am worried about (such as minitransactions affecting game pacing) will not be apparent at this point in time. As of now, it very much appear to be summed up with "more of what I liked about the original".

I've died twice so far. For reference, I thought SoM was pretty challenging in the beginning, but way too easy at the end (presumably because of character progression). So I don't think it's the case that this game is harder, but just me not getting used to the new UI and being relieved of all the abilities that made the previous endgame too easy. I've just glanced through the character sheet but there appears to be a whole not of new ones there in addition to what we've already seen. You also start out with a "Spectral Glaive" ability which is basically just a heavy attack and a way to deal with enemies mobbing up on you (it deals damage to everyone around you). Equipment seems like it could be cool, and there seems to at least be a little more variety beyond "a different looking sword/bow/dagger" - for example I picked up a "warhammer" item that goes in your ranged slot, so now I throw spiritual hammers instead of shooting ghost arrows. I don't know the extent of this of course, could very well be that's just the exception and otherwise you only get swords and daggers in the sword and dagger slots.

Finally, while I haven't played any Assassin's Creed game except the original, I think SoW went and made itself even more AC-like. For example, Towers now don't only serve the purpose of respawning, but are also the places you have to go to discover the "collectible" thingies and their spots on the map. I think that was an AC thing?
Love, scriver~

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 10, 2017, 08:07:13 am »

Hmm, so it sounds like it plays a lot like SoM, just with more stuff?  I believe the towers showing the collectibles was present in SoM as well. 

I know it's early to say, but how is the combat flow feeling so far? What I mean is, early SoM had a great flow, although it was kind of easy for the most part, you could just keep attacking, dodging, and comboing away.

Later on with the shield guys and the berserkers, combat flow wasn't as smooth, although it was certainly more difficult.  But at that point it just became about dodge rolling around like an idiot and jumping off orcs.  And the lack of any way to block or counter ranged attacks also broke up the flow a bit. 

So, admittedly the game's just out, but is anyone far enough to comment on the smoothness of combat with the later, trickier orcs?  Have they done anything to curb the tactic of just running up everyone's face?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 10, 2017, 08:19:57 am »

I watched Potates play it a good bit last night, and it seemed like it's made for people who enjoyed Shadow of Mordor. Which is probably all of us in this thread. Not going to be hands-on myself for a little while, being unemployed and all, but it's going to be my first game-related purchase once I can.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 10, 2017, 08:32:18 am »

I'm stuggling to choose between this and warhammer 2.... going for this most likly, since warhammer 2 is a lot like 1 (and will have more mod support as time goes on)...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: October 10, 2017, 09:21:17 am »

Hmm, so it sounds like it plays a lot like SoM, just with more stuff?  I believe the towers showing the collectibles was present in SoM as well. 

I know it's early to say, but how is the combat flow feeling so far? What I mean is, early SoM had a great flow, although it was kind of easy for the most part, you could just keep attacking, dodging, and comboing away.

Later on with the shield guys and the berserkers, combat flow wasn't as smooth, although it was certainly more difficult.  But at that point it just became about dodge rolling around like an idiot and jumping off orcs.  And the lack of any way to block or counter ranged attacks also broke up the flow a bit. 

So, admittedly the game's just out, but is anyone far enough to comment on the smoothness of combat with the later, trickier orcs?  Have they done anything to curb the tactic of just running up everyone's face?

BerserkersI mean... fuck, I can't remember what the game calls them now. Savages maybe? Anyway, I've seen one or two run around already (I gutted them), and faced one berserker captain (I ran away), but nothing like the big groups of them you'd sometimes face in SoM. The singular ones were easy enough to dispatch, the captain one was basically immune to every thing I could throw at him at this point so I decided to learn up on his weaknesses before I face him again. No Defenders yet at all.

One thing I noticed in general though is that orcs seem much more likely to attack two at a time now, even when there's no captain with the two-at-a-time trait nearby.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 53