Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53

Author Topic: Middle-earth: Shadow of War  (Read 75291 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War
« Reply #555 on: October 04, 2017, 04:01:34 pm »

Seems like the hype on this has really gone down the closer we get to release.

Think they might of shown all their cards early and left little to be discussed now.
More 'if someone bumps the thread we'll just get more charity arguments' here, imo.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 04, 2017, 04:05:40 pm »

Well, it comes out next week, there isn't a whole lot to discuss at this point that hasn't been already. Right now I'm just waiting for reviews to start coming in. Knowing me I might end up picking it up anyways unless the MTX stuff is actually that much of a problem for someone not all that interested in the multiplayer aspect.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 04, 2017, 04:07:48 pm »

I'm likely going to preorder the day before or so. At least that's how I'm feeling atm.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 04, 2017, 05:28:30 pm »

I've got enough on my plate to dick around with as it is, so I don't think I'll miss out on much by waiting until after-release thoughts start ticking in.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 04, 2017, 06:35:17 pm »

Ain't riskin' it. It'll be just as good when it comes out on sale down the road with bugfixes if I decide I want it then.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 04, 2017, 07:11:27 pm »

I've got enough on my plate to dick around with as it is, so I don't think I'll miss out on much by waiting until after-release thoughts start ticking in.
That's a filthy thing to say.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 04, 2017, 07:24:12 pm »

Ain't riskin' it. It'll be just as good when it comes out on sale down the road with bugfixes if I decide I want it then.
It'll probably be better by then since you might pay less and might even get the inevitable DLC's. I got Shadow of Mordor for 5 dollars with the DLCs etc. since I didn't get it the year it launched. Did end up missing the sort of 'hype train' during those launch months though.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 04, 2017, 07:42:33 pm »

It'll probably be better by then since you might pay less and might even get the inevitable DLC's. I got Shadow of Mordor for 5 dollars with the DLCs etc. since I didn't get it the year it launched. Did end up missing the sort of 'hype train' during those launch months though.

It'll run just as good in a year. Not like it's an MMO, I'm not going to miss content or fall behind. It'll just be cheaper and have less bugs.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 04, 2017, 08:00:51 pm »

I'm so behind on games right now that I'm leaving it for a sale. But that's the same thing with TW2, XCOM 2:WOTC, and Battle Brothers, so that's nothing unique.

Fewah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 05, 2017, 11:40:32 am »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 05, 2017, 12:01:40 pm »

And Talion’s clothes and weapons reset back to their default look in cutscenes which is kinda annoying.

Derp. This was the same thing in Shadow of Mordor, and there they only had custom skins to deal with re-rendering in cutscenes. A minor aesthetic gripe but kind of disappointing.

I guess the comments about bloat don't surprise me either, in the end. They crammed a lot of new stuff into this game on top of the all the other collectibles, lore bits and other stuff and yeah, I can see that pushing even a collector/exploration's attention and ability to care to the limit.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 05, 2017, 12:03:25 pm »

According to the Gamespot review. Legendary orcs are only available in paid loot boxes. Random lootboxes ingame will only give up to epic

According to Total Biscuit.

Also Polygon is saying the final act is an incredible grind if you don't pay.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 05, 2017, 12:08:15 pm »

Where is TB saying this stuff?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 05, 2017, 12:21:50 pm »

Ah, what single player AAA budget/full priced games are now getting into.  Adding grind into single player games to convince players to pay to bypass.  / Balancing the game to push players toward purchases.
... Meh, not surprising after MGS:V

If I decide to pick this up, in the far future, maybe I'll look up cheats/mods to bypass the grinding.  Definitely not picking it up in console.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 53