Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 53

Author Topic: Middle-earth: Shadow of War  (Read 75351 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War
« Reply #390 on: August 11, 2017, 10:31:19 pm »

Well in truth WB's has proven itself to be problematic. Particularly for the Batman games. They were great games but WB did things that tarnished them. Especially Arkham Knight.

So their track record does suck. But this is a level of suck I can handle versus, say, insane DRM policy or completely broken releases.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 11, 2017, 11:02:52 pm »

What do you guys think of this Uruk personality?
Personally, I'm not sure. The humour seems very forced and unfunny to me. I like funny Uruks, like that "One of us is going to die here, and it will be me... killing you!" line, but this drags on and on. The accent just feels a tad off, too.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 12, 2017, 01:35:53 am »

Oh look, it's the guy who played dhalsim that one time and also the X-files monster.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 12, 2017, 03:46:26 am »

Huh... With the Forward Base system...

Apparently the game is Pay-To-Win now O_o

I... Didn't think I'd see that from a major title.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 12, 2017, 06:41:50 am »

Personally, I'm not sure. The humour seems very forced and unfunny to me. I like funny Uruks, like that "One of us is going to die here, and it will be me... killing you!" line, but this drags on and on. The accent just feels a tad off, too.

That was remarkably cringeworthy... The voicework can be touched up in post, so that's not really that big of a deal, but the lines are... Awful. Just, absolutely dreadful.

And I'm one of the guys who liked "BUTTONS!", so you know my standards aren't that high.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 12, 2017, 11:00:26 am »

Nope. Done.

I'm done here.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 12, 2017, 01:36:22 pm »

Explain a bit?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 12, 2017, 01:52:19 pm »

That was remarkably cringeworthy... The voicework can be touched up in post, so that's not really that big of a deal, but the lines are... Awful. Just, absolutely dreadful.

And I'm one of the guys who liked "BUTTONS!", so you know my standards aren't that high.
I think that's a good thing though. Not everyone can be a badass who spouts one-liners and doesn't look at explosions. Having tryhard uruks is a nice thing.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 12, 2017, 04:07:21 pm »

Explain a bit?

He thinks it's like Metal Gear Solid's Forward Base system, I'm guessing. Which it's not, and anyone can know that by reading for 45 seconds about it.

As for a lot of SoW's humor.....much of it has been coming off as forced and unfunny to me. I like Kumail but weird awkward nerd voice overs don't really seem to fit SoW.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 04:20:04 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 12, 2017, 05:36:24 pm »

There is a multiplayer portion, sort of, of the Shadow of War Gameplay.

There is a "Friendly" version where you do not take permanent losses and a "Leader Board" version where you do.

In it you capture a Fort with your own army, and then anyone else can capture it from you.

He thinks it's like Metal Gear Solid's Forward Base system, I'm guessing. Which it's not, and anyone can know that by reading for 45 seconds about it.

What is the difference?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:39:46 pm by Neonivek »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 12, 2017, 05:46:28 pm »

The main difference I can see is that MAGV had real multiplayer, as in you can find the guy sneaking into your base and shoot him. I'm pretty sure that SoW won't have bunches of tallions running around and beheading each other.
Other than that, it is kinda distressingly similar.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 12, 2017, 07:38:38 pm »

In what way?

You just pick a fort and go "yeah let someone try to take this." You staff it with orcs and build up the defenses. You don't have anything to do with it after that point. You don't lose your orcs. You don't even lose the fortress. You don't lose anything, and they don't take anything from you.

As the attacker, you can play unranked and not lose your orcs. You can play ranked and lose your orcs. You can't capture the fortress, you can't recruit their orcs. All you get is your name on a leaderboard and a loot crate.

It seems fairly far away from MGS. It's more like a cute feature add and bragging rights and little else. It's not even MP-lite.

If nothing else it's a way to keep doing fortress assaults after you've beaten the game and control all the fortresses.

If they make a store to support people wasting money to top a leader board or trivialize their SP experience....seriously, who the hell cares?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:45:02 pm by nenjin »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 12, 2017, 08:09:50 pm »

seriously, who the hell cares?

Most people?

I mean if we were in Russia or Korea no one would care (SORT OF! it is accepted but not popular. So you can get away with doing it without backlash, but you probably won't top the charts)... Yet the EU and West IN GENERAL seems to not like those tactics.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #403 on: August 12, 2017, 08:17:15 pm »

I really don't care if people pay money to gain some benefit in single player

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 12, 2017, 08:18:02 pm »

I really don't care if people pay money to gain some benefit in single player

Congratulations! And you are the informed minority.

Then again... "Who Cares" doesn't mean "No one cares" it means "This thing you care about, I don't care about, and because I don't care it means you SHOULDN'T care"

So, being the minority shouldn't matter either.

It is more that "I don't care" isn't an excuse... In spite it being pushed as one. Since I am sure there are people who don't care about the work safety of miners.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 08:19:48 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 53