Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 53

Author Topic: Middle-earth: Shadow of War  (Read 75371 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War
« Reply #315 on: July 21, 2017, 06:24:33 pm »

Bundle Stars is totally legit, even if their name is somewhat sketchy. They are not a grey market reseller.

They've been authorized and vetted by every single big name publisher, including Valve itself, a feat that even GMG has not been. I've bought quite a bunch of stuff from them before with no problems. This includes all the DLC for Total War Warhammer, Total War Warhammer 2, and XCOM 2 War of the Chosen.

I personally vouch for that site.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 21, 2017, 10:02:31 pm »

Backing up what Umiman said, they're probably the website I trust to buy games from the most outside of Steam itself and Humblebundle.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 28, 2017, 01:16:30 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjTIc8ecUmw

This feels like that moment when you've just finished a movie trailer on tv or the internet and see a trailer for the game based on it right afterward. I like how at least 1/2 the video features clips from SoW's cut scenes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 06, 2017, 12:31:54 am »

I am seriously starting to feel sorry for gamers. They have a problem but developers (well the producers behind the developers) just keep playing off their addictions like Crack Dealers.

Imagine if alcohol sales were like that. You buy a car and beside the driver seat is a coin operated shot cabinet of tequila.

And ONCE FREEKEN AGAIN! they are playing off of gambling addiction. They cannot sell things directly because not only can they get people to pay multiple times for things they don't want, but they also loop in the addicts.

As I said I am so very close to just outright saying "Loot Crates" should be illegal. At LEAST with alcohol not only is how it is advertised HIGHLY moderated, but it at least serves a genuine service to people.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 12:36:59 am by Neonivek »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 06, 2017, 12:39:38 am »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 06, 2017, 12:41:02 am »

https://community.wbgames.com/t5/Official-Announcements/Introducing-the-Market/m-p/1611183
Oh for fucks sake. Get your junk crates out of my single player.

Not going to happen. The numbers are in and this business model makes more money than game sales!

They might earn 10x or even 100x more money including this (I wish I was exaggerating... though probably not in THIS instance)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 06, 2017, 12:44:09 am »

I wonder how much unnecessary grinding is in the game if they're trying to make a profit off of it.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 06, 2017, 12:48:27 am »

I wonder how much unnecessary grinding is in the game if they're trying to make a profit off of it.

That REALLY reminds me of Diablo 3 with their real money market place. Forget how the real money market place self-destructed for a moment and just concentrate on what happened to the meta to accommodate it.

Not only were difficult to find items extremely difficult to find, sometimes taking more then dozens of attempts just to get a decent drop, but your reliance on top grade equipment was also boosted. In fact the toughest difficulty mode in the game was entirely loot based as you finished leveling up at that point.

Diablo 3 actually drastically improved by having its market collapse! Too bad most of the players were gone before that happened (including me)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 06, 2017, 12:52:26 am »

You should expect nothing less from WB.

Spoiler: My incoherent ranting (click to show/hide)

It does slightly bother me.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 06, 2017, 01:59:09 am »

What we can do:
Don't preorder nor buy this game
Spread the words, as public pressure may change their mind
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 06, 2017, 03:33:29 am »

I want this game, but it seems like this company doesn't want me to want this game. I'm probably going to get it anyways because I have no self control but I seriously doubt I'm going to be spending anything on loot boxes in a singleplayer game.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 06, 2017, 04:20:21 am »

I want this game, but it seems like this company doesn't want me to want this game. I'm probably going to get it anyways because I have no self control but I seriously doubt I'm going to be spending anything on loot boxes in a singleplayer game.

Wait for GoTY edition at 75%. ;)
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #328 on: August 06, 2017, 09:36:12 am »

Couldn't we just not use the store?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 06, 2017, 09:40:32 am »

Couldn't we just not use the store?
Yes, but then we wouldn't get to bitch about there being a store.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 53