Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53

Author Topic: Middle-earth: Shadow of War  (Read 75247 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War
« Reply #690 on: October 17, 2017, 03:28:06 am »

I've tried wiping from an orc by Shaming, but after about 6 times I assumed it wasn't going to happen.

Again from the stream, there was a particularly classy orc that Potates desperately wanted to brand, but he had iron will. Had to shame him down five levels at a time from 32 to 7. That didn't work, so he turned on the more powerful shaming and shamed him once more down to 1, where he still retained iron will.

As a last shot, one last powershaming was done, despite him already being at level 1. This time, iron will was removed.

So the specific mechanics to how trait removal works are clearly a bit unclear, as the uruk in question does not necessarily have to lose a level in order to lose a trait... And no, somehow the uruk didn't become deranged even after all that mental duress.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: October 17, 2017, 04:16:44 am »

My current favorite combo:

Ring gives 100% healing on drain
Hood gives 76% longer poison duration
Vengeance set bonus allows me to perform might-attacks by consuming 40% of my health instead
Mighty Shot upgraded with Venom

So I basically climb up to a sniper, dominate him, look down and find the most clustered enemies, fire off 2 Mighty Shots which poison everything in a wide area, then turn around and drain my sniper to refill health and after a few moments everything is dead and I can go grab the loot.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: October 17, 2017, 05:19:41 am »

The fact that not new warchiefs generate when you kill them, drives me fucking nuts.

It's basically making the game perma-easier for you.

Fortress Assault are easy enough, but taking out all 4 warchiefs and having no chance of someone replacing them to re-add the buffs to the fortress Defenses is just stupid.

They do if you play on nemesis.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: October 17, 2017, 09:18:28 am »

I've found "Gain might every time an enemy takes damage from your poison" to be WTF broken. I can almost chain 3 to 4 Elven Lights together if it's a big pack of guys. Add a little increased Poison damage on that from the Dark set pieces and grunts get obliterated and I basically can't use it to break guys for domination because the risk of killing them too quickly with it.

I feel like Ice kind of got the shaft in terms of damage compared to Fire and Poison. There doesn't feel like a lot of parity between the elements. I vastly prefer Poison because there's no chance of hurting yourself with it, unlike fire, where even just swinging your sword can set half the ground on fire.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: October 17, 2017, 12:06:03 pm »

I've found "Gain might every time an enemy takes damage from your poison" to be WTF broken. I can almost chain 3 to 4 Elven Lights together if it's a big pack of guys. Add a little increased Poison damage on that from the Dark set pieces and grunts get obliterated and I basically can't use it to break guys for domination because the risk of killing them too quickly with it.

I feel like Ice kind of got the shaft in terms of damage compared to Fire and Poison. There doesn't feel like a lot of parity between the elements. I vastly prefer Poison because there's no chance of hurting yourself with it, unlike fire, where even just swinging your sword can set half the ground on fire.

funnily enough i prefer fire cuz its chaotic spread and it causes panic and i have epic armor that regens 20 health a second when on fire so i basically light myself on fire and rush into crowds only for them to all catch on fire and im basically invincible.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: October 17, 2017, 12:37:40 pm »

I also like fire and the way it spreads. My bodyguard having Fireproof is a must. If he also has Enraged by Fire then we make a great team.

Spoiler: actual spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: October 17, 2017, 12:49:31 pm »

The fact that not new warchiefs generate when you kill them, drives me fucking nuts.

Fortress Assault are easy enough, but taking out all 4 warchiefs and having no chance of someone replacing them to re-add the buffs to the fortress Defenses is just stupid.

So they forgot to let warchiefs respawn on normal only, then?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: October 17, 2017, 12:50:54 pm »

I also like fire and the way it spreads. My bodyguard having Fireproof is a must. If he also has Enraged by Fire then we make a great team.

yeah my machine commander bodyguard wont cut it with this build; im now using him as a warchief so im killing as many captains and dying intentionally to try to cycle as many captains as i can looking for a fire commander or something cool
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: October 17, 2017, 01:17:40 pm »

I made sent one of my captains to infiltrate a warlord, and then he was promoted to a warchief. Of a hostile fortress. I have no idea how that is going to play out in the assault. Will I just start with one capture point captured already? Will he betray me? Will the game bug out and have him hostile despite being blue? Stay tuned for more news.

Also I'm playing on Nemesis right now, however I can't say for 100% certain that has anything to do with whether or not they get promoted.

edit:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:39:17 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: October 17, 2017, 01:44:00 pm »

Think it says right in the picture what that means.  He'll sabotage the fortress if you attack.
What that actually means in gameplay terms, I unno. But it certainly seems like it will be helpful.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: October 17, 2017, 02:08:46 pm »

Get a loyal uruk into every warchief position in a hostile fort, then start the attack.

I can just imagine the whole big yelling match and cinematic intro to a siege battle starting up, and then... Ploop. You win.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #701 on: October 17, 2017, 03:06:57 pm »

No? It's an intended function of the difficulty level, not something they forgot.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: October 17, 2017, 05:23:26 pm »

Everytime you reach the capture point where the orc that you control would be defending, he walks out and welcomes you.

If you have a warchief's bodyguards, they will stab em in the back.

You can fill the entire fort with dudes, which will cause the main enemy boss to get paranoid and kill some rando orcs at the start of the siege. Sometimes yours, sometimes a innocent one.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: October 17, 2017, 05:48:52 pm »

No? It's an intended function of the difficulty level, not something they forgot.
Warchiefs never respawning on normal sounds more like a bug than a feature, was my point. Pretty sure they did in SoM.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #704 on: October 17, 2017, 07:58:29 pm »

Well it's pointed out in loading screen tips and stuff so I'm pretty sure it's intended
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 53