Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53

Author Topic: Middle-earth: Shadow of War  (Read 75325 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War
« Reply #420 on: August 12, 2017, 10:14:48 pm »

Next game they remove tallion entirely as superfluous, and end up with an orky MMO. :P

Well him and Celebrimbro would be lords of Mordor, and you'd play Orcs fighting out petty power struggles with each other under their watchful eyes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 12, 2017, 10:15:35 pm »

There are a LOT of people who would rather play an Orc than Talion.

Then again people find Talion to be bland.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 12, 2017, 10:16:59 pm »

I mean, it's a game basically all about orcs, does it really make sense that the PC isn't an orc?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 12, 2017, 10:19:16 pm »

I mean, it's a game basically all about orcs, does it really make sense that the PC isn't an orc?

An Orc possessed by Caulibrimcoli...

Now let the idea flood your senses! You could even SWITCH orcs... and have different bodies, using their different abilities and factions to change how you play.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 13, 2017, 12:32:49 am »

So your concern is that someone else might pay to get better items in their single player game and thus beat you in this leader board? I'm really trying to understand what exactly you're worried about here.

No I am just floored that it is now literally pay to win now. It is the one thing I didn't think would happen.
Well, if you stretch pay to win to mean 'you need to have bought the game to have won the game, legally', then yes, its as p2w as any other open world game. So terrible.

Whether you consider it inefficient or not, the leaderboard of orc deaths and lootboxes is not relevant to the adventures of Celebrimbro and Orc-Stabber the Talion. You have the SP mode and the lose-orcs-to-other-peoples-forts leaderboard, and the two are only related by mostly-disposable minions that you can just go beat down and claim more of.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:34:30 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 13, 2017, 12:55:00 am »

No stretching of the Pay to Win definition.

People who pay have a clear laid out advantage in a competitive "Multiple Player" experience, as they don't have to spend long periods of time recouping their losses... and this advantage cannot be surpassed by free to pay methods.

Unless it turns out that paying doesn't help you in the "Multiple player" aspect and is more spackle... Which is always possible (Like if they find out how to take forts... solo)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 04:58:46 am by Neonivek »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 13, 2017, 06:50:43 pm »

You ever wish the ending to Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was a realistic possibility?

I can't wait to pay for this game, then buy crates that will not largely affect my single player experience or alter my ability to attack or set up fortresses that will not see multiple people playing on them at the same time.

Or maybe I'll just ignore the crates because it's an option, and just enjoy my single player experience.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 13, 2017, 07:15:24 pm »

Or maybe I'll just ignore the crates because it's an option, and just enjoy my single player experience.

Well you can't ignore them... They set them up so they cannot be ignored. You can only just not buy them.

Well ok you will end up buying one or two because they give you enough gold for free as a way to acclimate you towards it...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:19:56 pm by Neonivek »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 13, 2017, 07:37:05 pm »

Neon, its a singleplayer game about beating the shit out of orcs and stealing their fortresses.

I do not give a fuck about loot crates here. They are not a relevance. The leaderboard is not. Its the orcs. I came here to beat up more orcs, and beat up orcs with the power of celebrimbro I shall. Maybe it even gets related to the lotr lore somehow.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 13, 2017, 07:42:37 pm »

Neon, its a singleplayer game about beating the shit out of orcs and stealing their fortresses.

What I was referring to... is that they will make those loot crates VERY visible to those who play it... Gold will be very visible.

Because they will also give you free gold, you are overwhelmingly likely to, as a player, to buy at least one crate yourself.

It stretches the "I will just ignore it" statement when it is intrusive. As well since people are arguing "Logic" they should probably amend and say "After I buy the initial loot crates I will ignore them", since not buying them would be "On Principle"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:49:05 pm by Neonivek »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #430 on: August 13, 2017, 08:18:37 pm »

I cannot fathom a single situation which would lead to me buying these loot crates or any other items. I have zero interest in cheapening my game experience by paying real money to bypass content or get free in game loot. If it turns out those things are somehow made necessary I will simply skip the game entirely.

Anything attainable entirely in game is fine but no extra money of mine will be put towards any kind of micro transactions
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:28:34 pm by forsaken1111 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 13, 2017, 09:42:32 pm »

What I was referring to... is that they will make those loot crates VERY visible to those who play it... Gold will be very visible.

Because they will also give you free gold, you are overwhelmingly likely to, as a player, to buy at least one crate yourself.

It stretches the "I will just ignore it" statement when it is intrusive. As well since people are arguing "Logic" they should probably amend and say "After I buy the initial loot crates I will ignore them", since not buying them would be "On Principle"
This sounds like mobile game logic.
I'm sure they're try this in the mobile whatever they made a video about, but otherwise nope.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 14, 2017, 06:26:24 am »

Well, what other kind of logic do you think is behind their decision to include a service that functions exactly like mobile game mini-transaction business model?
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 14, 2017, 11:17:57 am »

What's the difference, from their perspective? The only actual difference to them is the attitudes and opinions of the respective playerbases.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:31:30 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 14, 2017, 01:06:06 pm »

Depends on how grindy/bullshit the full-price base game is. 

And if mods are allowed-to-exist / can fix that or not.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 53