Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 53

Author Topic: Middle-earth: Shadow of War  (Read 75386 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War
« Reply #240 on: July 07, 2017, 09:39:04 am »

Short answer: yes.

Just wait til you get a heavy armor cannibal who dual wields femurs and is covered in blood.

I also like the tatooed gentlemen with skull armor as well.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 09:45:28 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 07, 2017, 02:24:58 pm »

I just finally managed to kill Mozû after encountering him several times and losing or having to run away again and again - but always to other Orcs than him. This time I had brought him down to his last health, all alone, when suddenly another henchman and yet another Captain appears from out of nowhere - this one a stabby shieldy guy. I imminently get my ass kicked by stabby shieldy, and prepare for Mozû getting away yet another time as stabby shieldy prepares for the final blow... And then he says I'm not even worth it and walks away, leaving me alive.

Well, at least I got to revenge myself on Mozû afterwards. I guess I have another target now.

Also Firebranded Guy mentioned above has survived me killing him twice, his face now completely burned away. I really like this game.
Love, scriver~

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 07, 2017, 11:44:44 pm »

One thing is as Vgray mentioned, the other (slightly more tedious, but simpler) method is to just spam stunning attacks against them. Stuns actually deal a very small amount of damage, and nothing blocks them even if the uruk in question doesn't really get *stunned*. Just whittle him down.

Thank you for this advice, it really saved me a lot of headache fighting this guy.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 08, 2017, 09:46:51 am »

This is the guy who interrupted the fight with my old nemesis. I have killed him several times, but he keeps coming back.

Spoiler: Glûk the Painted (click to show/hide)

We seem to be at an impasse. He won't kill me, and I can't kill him. It's a story for the ages.

By the way, any tips for fighting those huge troll Graug whatever creatures?
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 08, 2017, 12:39:03 pm »

There are missions in Nurn that first show you the method for killing them, then invalidate it by giving you the shadow brand ability that lets you just teleport onto their head and auto-brand them.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 08, 2017, 02:35:04 pm »

If you don't Shadow Brand, it's just a lot of charged shots to the head to stun them, then hacking them apart with your sword. Had to do that for the hunting challenges, and the only reason it was a problem is the damn caragor packs that kept showing up trying to steal my kill.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 02:45:24 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 08, 2017, 03:08:50 pm »

After you stun them can't you hit their weak point for massive damage stab their heel? Or is that only before they've noticed you?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 09, 2017, 09:54:47 am »

So I booted up Nemesis Forge, and had to fix which nemesis it'd chosen because it was some warchief I hadn't fought before iirc.

The follower however was perfectly fine, even if I'm not quite sure how I branded him in the first place.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 09, 2017, 11:01:21 am »

I'm actually enjoying this game a lot more than i thought I would ( I thought the only novel thing about it would be the nemesis system). I like the jump aroundy stuff and combat ridiculousness. I've only played the first Assassins  Creed but I do see how it could bee more or less a direct port of one of those games (is it?). I'm also enjoying the story, for what's it's worth, in spite of it's feeling of "this thing was in lotr so we gotta have it in the game" a lot of the time.

Also my favourite dominated captain got killed by a mook when i tried out activating my troops and he happened to be in the area without be knowing it. That made me a sad serial killer wraith assassin.
Love, scriver~

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 09, 2017, 11:16:01 am »

Its closer to the arkham games than AC1.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 09, 2017, 11:28:43 am »

I just bought Adkham Asylum during the summer sale and I think it's closer to how I remember AC ;)
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 09, 2017, 02:37:15 pm »

Yeah, structurally I'd say the game is closer to Assassin's Creed as well. Closer to AC than Arkham City, even. I've even heard SoM referred to say "Assassin's Creed that is actually fun."

What surprises me is that AC never took a page from the Nemesis system. Randomly generated baddies with character to assassinate sounds like the kind of thing AC should have been doing 4 games ago.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 10, 2017, 02:06:13 pm »

The neverending barrage of Shadow of Mordor sales continues: https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/shadow-of-mordor-game-of-the-year-edition

Now it's fallen to 85% off.

At this point, if you really want to buy this game, you're better off waiting till it becomes 1c.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 10, 2017, 04:05:26 pm »

Mugluk the Ever Discounted.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 10, 2017, 06:18:15 pm »

I suppose when you've made a great game, it'd be dumb not to use it as an advert for the sequel.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 53