Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Not Another God Game  (Read 11710 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Not Another God Game
« on: April 17, 2017, 12:23:31 pm »

Sup

Standard RTD rules.
 Info here if you're new to this part of the forums.

Spoiler: Fill this out: (click to show/hide)

Game will have a karma system. Do things that are good, orderly, and boring, and your 1s and 6s will be a little less bad. Do bad, chaotic, and the usual ass-hat god things, and your 1s and 6s will be a lot more fun...for me.

Get it? Got it? Good. Let's get started.

Spoiler: Le Players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Le World (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Events (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 07:52:02 am by Wozzy »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Not Another God Game
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 01:01:18 pm »

Create creatures made out of shadows and dark energy, that are subservient to me
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 04:35:32 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 01:05:06 pm »

Name: Ydem
Desc: A giant flame
Bio: A giant flame that just appear there some day, seems to be related to royalty somehow.
Affinity(s): Royalty.

Travel around until find a kingdom
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 01:19:10 pm »

Name: Horthuun
Desc:
A gnarly old tree, nearly as tall as a mountain, spreading its leafy branches wide.
On its trunk is a large shape that vaguely resembles a face. A faint whisper is occasionally heard from the winds surrounding this tree.
Bio:
This ancient tree has been around since the birth of this world. It is said to possess great wisdom, and knowledge from an age long forgotten.
It is also said that forest dwellers, such as Elves used to at one time worship this tree.
It resides in a huge forest, as ancient as the tree itself.
Affinity(s):
Nature, Wisdom

Send a faint whisper with the wind. This whisper shall grant some of the animals within the forest, the ability to think and speak.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 01:44:11 pm by Ultimuh »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 01:51:56 pm »

Nameotasitc: Tikknak
Very Descriptive Description: A very normal looking person. If you ignore his hair and clothing and everything around him constantly changing in shape and colour.
A Wowey Bio: He's Tikknak. He likes to mess around with shit, and doesn't give a shit about other people... mostly. He also likes chaos, and he doesn't give a shit about how he gets it. He also hates Order, and anything involving Order. Also, by Chaos, I don't mean that Khorne bullshit, he litterally likes complete disorder and confusion. On everyone else.
Obvious Affinity: Chaos.

Convert some forests into Chaos forests, so much random shit happens in them that quite a few people go insane and end up worshiping Tikknak to try and get out. Obviously it'll never work, but they don't need to know that.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 03:28:30 pm »

Name: The Tamer of the Arcane, Arred
Desc: Hardy man with a whip, collar, and leash. Wearing blue fur clothes. May become a blue hybrid of bear and dragon when angry/chaos ensues.
Bio: In/near the beginning, he brought control and order over the primal magics of the world, assimilating the Chaotic Being of Origins, Meuotko, into his very being. Now, he seeks to maintain that order.
Affinity(s): Magic, Order, Animals.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 03:40:07 pm »

Desc: Hardy man with a whip, collar, and leash. Wearing blue fur clothes. May become a blue hybrid of bear and dragon when angry/chaos ensues.
Bio: In/near the beginning, he brought control and order over the primal magics of the world, assimilating the Chaotic Being of Origins, Meuotko, into his very being. Now, he seeks to maintain that order.
"Drat."
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 04:07:10 pm »

"Drat."
Oh yeah, I need a first-turn action. Create an owl capable of forcing defined states on what it's seeing, and give it the intelligence necessary to lead others out of chaos, as well as a personality that wishes to do this. Should be a good counter to your forest.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 04:18:28 pm »

Name: Erin Quill, Magitechnician
Description: A teenaged boy of vaguely middle-eastern descent. He has a pair of runed black pebbles where his eyes should be, and instead of a left arm, he has an arm-shaped mass of metal vines inlaid with copper and gems, culminating in a magical orb that grants psychic powers. He also has a scythe, one that has been handed down through his family for ages.
Bio: Heir to the title of the Pale Horseman, sent down through his family ever since his ancestor, a Mage with a skill for strategy, led the Mongols to victory time and time again, Erin is more interested in the uses of his magics and pseudosciences in the use of creating magical artifacts and in changing the course of history for the better.
Affinities: Magic things (not magic as a whole, but things that are magical), Revolutionary ideals

Create an ironwood tree - that is, a living, growing tree that can bear seeds that can be planted and grown into more ironwood tress, which simply happens to be made out of assorted metals.
Why, yes, that tree does require magic to exist. Why do you ask?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 04:21:29 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 04:56:51 pm »

Well, shit, no one wants to do any worldbuilding? If you want to get right into shenanigans, that's fine by me.

Turn 0: Early bird special
Y'all are in a forest, cuz I'm not doing this worldbuilding nonsense for you. What lies beyond this forest is up to you to decide.

Create creatures made out of shadows, that are subservient to me

4 You get exactly what you want. There's a whole bunch of shadow creatures in this here forest, and they will obey your command without question. Other gods can still mess around with them, but if their order contradicts yours, it will automatically fail.

Name: Ydem
Desc: A giant flame
Bio: A giant flame that just appear there some day, seems to be related to royalty somehow.
Affinity(s): Royalty.

Travel around until find a kingdom

5 Your travels take you East. Well. At least the few steps needed to reach the border of a mighty kingdom. You are in (rolls country name generator) Gobleagua. It is a rather booming kingdom, which stretches far to the east beyond what your special eyes can perceive at the moment. As you continue traveling, you end up on the edge of the capital, named (rolls city name generator) Ritherhithe. As the country name would suggest, this town is inhabited by regular old humans. As soon as they see you, they fall down on their knees. It seems your coming was foretold.

Name: Horthuun
Desc:
A gnarly old tree, nearly as tall as a mountain, spreading its leafy branches wide.
On its trunk is a large shape that vaguely resembles a face. A faint whisper is occasionally heard from the winds surrounding this tree.
Bio:
This ancient tree has been around since the birth of this world. It is said to possess great wisdom, and knowledge from an age long forgotten.
It is also said that forest dwellers, such as Elves used to at one time worship this tree.
It resides in a huge forest, as ancient as the tree itself.
Affinity(s):
Nature, Wisdom

Send a faint whisper with the wind. This whisper shall grant some of the animals within the forest, the ability to think and speak.

3 So a bunch of animals can talk now. That's pretty cool. Unfortunately they didn't get any smarter, so while they can still speak broken common, they aren't all that interesting to listen to.

Nameotasitc: Tikknak
Very Descriptive Description: A very normal looking person. If you ignore his hair and clothing and everything around him constantly changing in shape and colour.
A Wowey Bio: He's Tikknak. He likes to mess around with shit, and doesn't give a shit about other people... mostly. He also likes chaos, and he doesn't give a shit about how he gets it. He also hates Order, and anything involving Order. Also, by Chaos, I don't mean that Khorne bullshit, he litterally likes complete disorder and confusion. On everyone else.
Obvious Affinity: Chaos.

Convert some forests into Chaos forests, so much random shit happens in them that quite a few people go insane and end up worshiping Tikknak to try and get out. Obviously it'll never work, but they don't need to know that.

3 Wow, such chaos, much disorder, wow. To the south lies the chaos forest that mortals will assume is just haunted, because anyone who enters never leaves. They don't know worshiping you is the way to get out though...maybe you should have put up a sign or something.

"Drat."
Oh yeah, I need a first-turn action. Create an owl capable of forcing defined states on what it's seeing, and give it the intelligence necessary to lead others out of chaos, as well as a personality that wishes to do this. Should be a good counter to your forest.

5-1 Well, now there is an owl in the chaos forest who is unaffected by the madness, and is willing and able to help travelers who are lost make it out alive.

Name: Erin Quill, Magitechnician
Description: A teenaged boy of vaguely middle-eastern descent. He has a pair of runed black pebbles where his eyes should be, and instead of a left arm, he has an arm-shaped mass of metal vines inlaid with copper and gems, culminating in a magical orb that grants psychic powers. He also has a scythe, one that has been handed down through his family for ages.
Bio: Heir to the title of the Pale Horseman, sent down through his family ever since his ancestor, a Mage with a skill for strategy, led the Mongols to victory time and time again, Erin is more interested in the uses of his magics and pseudosciences in the use of creating magical artifacts and in changing the course of history for the better.
Affinities: Magic things (not magic as a whole, but things that are magical), Revolutionary ideals

Create an ironwood tree - that is, a living, growing tree that can bear seeds that can be planted and grown into more ironwood tress, which simply happens to be made out of assorted metals.
Why, yes, that tree does require magic to exist. Why do you ask?

2 You made a tree that's a little sturdier. If there is ever a hurricane in the middle of the forest, your trees might stand a better chance compared to the others.

I'll probably update the OP with these changes tomorrow.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2017, 05:02:04 pm »

Well, that didn't work.

Try making another ironwood. As in, the way it was originally intended.
I want these things for use in my crafting of magic stuff.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:07:46 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 05:05:34 pm »

Bestow some kind-hearted animals in the forest with the ability to ward chaos from their surroundings, keeping the forest safe from further corruption.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2017, 05:07:44 pm »

Well.. That's a start at least.

With another whisper through the woods, I shall reawaken the ancient Ents that once guarded these sacred woods.
They have been asleep for far too long, so now would be as good a time to wake them up as any.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2017, 05:08:36 pm »

With another whisper through the woods, I shall reawaken the ancient Ents that once guarded these woods.
They have been asleep for far too long, so now would be as good a time to wake them up as any.

If successful, expand my action to include them.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2017, 05:19:17 pm »

With another whisper through the woods, I shall reawaken the ancient Ents that once guarded these woods.

If successful, expand my action to include them.
I'm pretty sure the Ents are capable of warding stuff by themselves.
The question is if I'm successful in awaking them. Sleeping for aeons makes one's powers a bit dull, ya know?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7