Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 71894 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Day 2: 2 Replacements Needed
« Reply #480 on: May 19, 2017, 04:57:42 pm »

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 19, 2017, 04:58:07 pm »

Now the biggie... why, on all counts.

PPE: Lenglon's a ninja, obvscum
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 19, 2017, 04:59:02 pm »

Well... 50% ninja, totes just as bad.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 19, 2017, 04:59:19 pm »

Now the biggie... why, on all counts.

PPE: Lenglon's a ninja, obvscum
8)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Day 2: 1 Replacement Needed
« Reply #484 on: May 19, 2017, 05:04:43 pm »

okay. so...
My main gripe with you is your tunneling of Hepah, and your "shoot now ask questions later" mentality.
What makes these scummy?
tunneling is scummy because you are ignoring everybody else, leading you to miss potential scummy players even though your target may have made one mistake.

"Shoot now ask questions later" is scummy because you might shoot a town, then have it be too late to ask questions. You are putting this lynch down to chance.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 19, 2017, 05:11:25 pm »

@ tunneling. you are correct. the reason I played that way then was to incite activity from an inactive town, while simultaneously putting the absolute maximum amount of pressure I could as a single player against my chosen target.

@ mentality - you described the phrase in general, but not how it applies to what you said. especially since I asked questions before, during, and after, putting forward my case. so... make sense please.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 19, 2017, 05:17:33 pm »

From reading your posts in chronological order, it seems like you picked Hepah at random (considering there were plenty of inactive people at the tinme) and then made up accusations as you went. That is not a good way to find scum.

"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 19, 2017, 05:38:15 pm »

That was not random.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 19, 2017, 05:43:27 pm »

How is anybody else supposed to know that your "vague malformed mistrust" is not random?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Day 2: 1 Replacement Needed (again)
« Reply #489 on: May 19, 2017, 06:00:16 pm »

Extend, there are three people not voting.

OSG: How come Hapah is being considered scum in relation to roo, but is one of your top town picks? Why only scum if roo is scum?

You said this regarding Hapah:

As an indivudual, I don't find his posts particularly scummy, but also not particularly towny. However, his interaction with roo moves him slightly down on the slider...

So this makes me wonder why you have Hapah as a top town pick.

You have yet to describe why webadict/Lenglon is scummy.

Why am I Town?

Mind these questions, OSG.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 19, 2017, 06:05:07 pm »

How is anybody else supposed to know that your "vague malformed mistrust" is not random?
That's entirely not my problem.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 19, 2017, 06:28:31 pm »

Yes, That is entirely your problem. If you want people to vote for your targets (which you always should, unless you're scum) you need to convince them that the other person is scum. I am not convinced by your "vague malformed mistrust" of Hepah, which immediately discredits your further attacks.
Extend, there are three people not voting.

OSG: How come Hapah is being considered scum in relation to roo, but is one of your top town picks? Why only scum if roo is scum?

You said this regarding Hapah:

As an indivudual, I don't find his posts particularly scummy, but also not particularly towny. However, his interaction with roo moves him slightly down on the slider...

So this makes me wonder why you have Hapah as a top town pick.

You have yet to describe why webadict/Lenglon is scummy.

Why am I Town?

Mind these questions, OSG.

1. After analysis of roo, my perception of Hepah changed to a bored/unintrested townie. I could only see him as scum if roo or Lenglon is his scumbuddy, and both of those for me are not very likely.

2. I have alreadty described why I think Lenglon is scummy.

3. I haven't had a chance to read into you in-depth, but from my 2 readsthroughs of your posts, you have been promoting discussion and making claims all while not making any obvious slips (like tunneling, or active-lurking, which is what my top two scum picks are doing or have done) Before the deadline, I'll make a full read on you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 19, 2017, 06:47:21 pm »

Why is your potential scum-read for someone contingent on someone else being scum?

If Lenglon or roo is actually scum, does that mean Hapah must be their partner?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 19, 2017, 07:00:15 pm »

Yes, That is entirely your problem. If you want people to vote for your targets (which you always should, unless you're scum) you need to convince them that the other person is scum. I am not convinced by your "vague malformed mistrust" of Hepah, which immediately discredits your further attacks.
Emphasis mine.

That part there does not logically follow. at all.
here, lemmie quote myself from day 1:
okay, I'm awake, I've slept on it, and I got the votecount I needed to confirm. I'm posting by phone for this, so links are a pain, but I want this out there before day end.

Hapah is scum.

Reason:
1) instinct. this however is invalid for anyone other than me, and should not move anyone to lynch. its not a real argument. I think I was set off by something in the relation of web and Hapahs posts, frankly I havent done the re-thread-read necessary to hunt it down yet, and dont have the tools/time to do so now.
again, the underline is mine.

That mistrust was, again, only relevant to myself in regards to Hapah's scummyness or not. I myself, as shown above, pointed out that it should not move you in any way. The only reason I mentioned it was transparency.

so, what the hell does that have to do with anything else I was saying?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 19, 2017, 07:05:51 pm »

Why is your potential scum-read for someone contingent on someone else being scum?

If Lenglon or roo is actually scum, does that mean Hapah must be their partner?
Absolutely not. The opposite I can only see Hepah being scum if roo or Lenglon is his partner. Lenglon is scummy on his own, regardless of this. And roo is neutral.
That mistrust was, again, only relevant to myself in regards to Hapah's scummyness or not. I myself, as shown above, pointed out that it should not move you in any way. The only reason I mentioned it was transparency.

so, what the hell does that have to do with anything else I was saying?
Your case on Hepah started with your "gut feeling" and then you added incrimination afterwards. I don't care if you admited it or not.

You are spending a lot of time defending yourself, even though I'm not even voting for you. Don't you think your time would be better spent finding scum?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36