Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 71899 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Day 2: Now with 100% more explosions
« Reply #390 on: May 12, 2017, 09:53:03 pm »

I am so confused by this.

Can someone just plot out the ways the votes moved yesterday eve?

I think I can agree with Lenglon that Hapah is scummy, though I'm not sure what exactly makes me think so besides the continual failure to deliver on promised posts.

Are you ever going to do anything yourself? It's not difficult. Go to Tiruin's post, quote it, and change the votes in that as you go through the end of D1. There were like 4 votes or so. You have a penchant for complaining that editing posts on a mobile device is a hassle. If you are disinclined to do it that way, a pen and paper may be useful.

Are you going to answer the questions I asked? You vote me, and FoS Lenglon, suggesting you think they're not town but then vote with them anyway. Just because you stopped voting me doesn't mean I stopped giving a shit about what you said, you know.

I'll get to Lenglon's stuff tomorrow, hopefully, depends on personal entanglements. It may take until Tuesday, at the latest. In the mean time, I think Lenglon's task is to find some corroborating evidence for this tidbit:

You are... mis-stating the positions people have taken...

Else I might feel a bit cross. I look forward to your tunnel, regardless.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 12, 2017, 09:55:34 pm »

evidence is in the post I made the accusation in.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 12, 2017, 10:15:48 pm »

Where did I misstate anyone's position? I said I felt the cases were more or less the same, a generalization. I will accept that this is a simplification of the cases, though I would argue that it was not overly so.

You made a very specific accusation after that, however. Where did I specifically misstate any of the cases that were presented on D1? The quote from your accusation post is, to boil it down, TBF's meta, me re-stating my position regarding the cases/trains against various players D1, then some miscellaneous thoughts regarding the state of the game.

I'm assuming it's somewhere in that second paragraph. Perhaps you could point it out for us? 'cause at this point, sans clarification, it looks like you're hoping I'd continue my lazy play from D1 and not notice the misrepresentation of my play.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 12, 2017, 10:26:16 pm »

that generalization is what I'm refering to. my phrasing of the accusation may have been subpar, the content remains the same. you are misrepresenting the cases of some who isn't here to handle them anymore (doll) by saying the case on TBF and the case on 4mask are "the same". They are not. you know they are not. and respond to the content of my accusation of you please, not just sweep it under the rug over a minor phrasing difference.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 13, 2017, 01:56:40 pm »

that generalization is what I'm refering to. my phrasing of the accusation may have been subpar, the content remains the same. you are misrepresenting the cases of some who isn't here to handle them anymore (doll) by saying the case on TBF and the case on 4mask are "the same". They are not. you know they are not. and respond to the content of my accusation of you please, not just sweep it under the rug over a minor phrasing difference.

I am not misrepresenting the cases, because I didn't mention any of the cases specifically. I meant the cases where broadly the same, in that they were based around a player not contributing because they were either inactive - Johiah and Gentlefish - or active but not producing content - 4mask, TBF, and I think Hapah falls under this one too.

It's funny you bring up doll though, considering they brought up the cases being similar in the first instance:

You are voting 4maskwolf "as per doll", but by the same standards on which I am pursuing 4maskwolf I am also casting shade on Gentlefish and Hapah (and johiah) and yourself.

Which is what I meant regarding the "essentially the same" you seem so caught upon.

So where exactly am I misrepresenting? You have yet to bring that to our attention here. It is a verb, an action word, which means I must've left some evidence somewhere.

Please, for the third time, point to specific evidence of me misrepresenting any of the cases from D1, doll's or otherwise.

Hector13: your vote before I made my case was on 4mask. you unvoted in reaction to my case.

No, I unvoted because there was more time for things, though my interest in the game had waned as a result of all the replace requests, and it was slow to return. Your case had little to do with my unvote, considering I didn't particularly want to vote 4mask in the first place.

doll's play didn't sit right with me, and they are quite difficult to read. 4mask's flip would have allowed me to hopefully get a more solid read on them, which became moot after doll (and 4mask) decided to replace out.

... then when you had the power to control the tiebreak you voted johiah. Johiah was less involved in anything/everything than 4mask, and a lot of the value of the lynch is in seeing how people stand, publically, and how the lynch reflected upon them. We learned far less from the johiah lynch you decided upon than we would have from a 4mask one. So why did you change your mind in those final hours from 4mask to johiah, with no input from either of them in the interum to cause the change?

In the short-term we learned less of things with johiah's lynch, yes. In the longer-term, we got rid of a player who would draw a lot of suspicion had they remained in the game (if Johiah didn't make the replacement request) which would only benefit scum, and we had players replacing the other requesters but not Johiah. I didn't particulary want to drag around the dead weight, in either case.

additionally you have claimed twice now that all 4 cases made yesterday were essentially identical. I saw all four as substantially different and unique from one another. TBF was being voted for his meta, as a push to improve, which you showed you understood here:
...I will say to OSG (oh hey you're back yourself man ;)) that he's voting TBF for what is essentially TBF's meta. He's... not the best player. I'm uncertain if this is intentional, because he does it as town and scum, and is consequently tough to read, but it is fair to say that his play benefits the scum a lot more than it does the town.

In terms of who to lynch, like I said before, it seems the 4 major cases we've had this day have been more or less the same, with a few personal views sprinkled in over why any particular case is more notable than any other.

I think there has been a lot of good stuff generated this day, the main issue being that in order for it all to begin making sense, someone has to flip. The main problem with that is that we've just had a third of the town replace in at the deadline so... that's not all that helpful for all that would happen after the flip to make sense.
the accusation of johiah was passive-lurking and new player failing to interact effectively, the accusation of 4mask was active-lurking in a veteran player who knows better, and Hapah's case is based on a hypocritical position he took against doll and him voting for a player he himself considers towny.

The details of the various cases were different, yes, but the crux of them I felt were essentially the same. Your case against Hapah came after I said the cases were similar, and I wasn't paying attention to it because you were tunneling so hard there, and my aforementioned interest levels were quite low around that point.

Perhaps you could boil down your case against Hapah with relevant quotes attached? Your initial case is mixed in with your assessment of 4mask's play, and you did a dump of all Hapah's posts from the game that really isn't all that helpful, even with highlighted commentary.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 13, 2017, 02:14:46 pm »

breaking this down into manageable segments because I'm trying to do other things at the same time.

I am not misrepresenting the cases, because I didn't mention any of the cases specifically. I meant the cases where broadly the same, in that they were based around a player not contributing because they were either inactive - Johiah and Gentlefish - or active but not producing content - 4mask, TBF, and I think Hapah falls under this one too.

It's funny you bring up doll though, considering they brought up the cases being similar in the first instance:

You are voting 4maskwolf "as per doll", but by the same standards on which I am pursuing 4maskwolf I am also casting shade on Gentlefish and Hapah (and johiah) and yourself.

Which is what I meant regarding the "essentially the same" you seem so caught upon.

So where exactly am I misrepresenting? You have yet to bring that to our attention here. It is a verb, an action word, which means I must've left some evidence somewhere.

Please, for the third time, point to specific evidence of me misrepresenting any of the cases from D1, doll's or otherwise.
This right here is an example of misrepresenting the cases from D1. You took doll's statement out of context, and attributed all cases to him. doll's statement was from an accusation of TBF, pointing out that TBF is performing the same sin as 4mark had. Doll's not the only source of cases. and this quote is saying they all perfomed the same sin, not that lynching them is identical cases. sharing one sin doesn't mean they share all sins.

more to follow when I have time.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 13, 2017, 02:46:57 pm »

No, I unvoted because there was more time for things, though my interest in the game had waned as a result of all the replace requests, and it was slow to return. Your case had little to do with my unvote, considering I didn't particularly want to vote 4mask in the first place.

doll's play didn't sit right with me, and they are quite difficult to read. 4mask's flip would have allowed me to hopefully get a more solid read on them, which became moot after doll (and 4mask) decided to replace out.
Why would that make it moot? although FoU's death makes it moot now, at the time of your change in lynch targets, doll's old statements that you wanted to evaluate remained the same, and there still was a player in his slot. the math remained unchanged.

again, more to follow when I get a chance.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 13, 2017, 03:07:54 pm »

How is that a misrepresentation? How am I attributing all cases to doll? All the cases from D1 prior to that point had a large aspect of them based around the fact a player was inactive or active-lurking. That is why I said they were essentially the same.

TBF's train: 4mask
G'fish
Hapah
webadict

Boiled down to "why are you dropping questions" or not generating content. webadict'a post says it best.

Johiah's train: TBF
G'fish
Hapah
G'fish again
Teebs again
webadict

Essence of which is "fackin' do sumfin' mate"

Gentlefish: oh hey it's me
doll, twice
roo, presumably piggybacking doll 'cause doll's roo's strongest town read, or they were buddying.

Basically "you're less effective than I think you should be", unless you want to tell me I'm misrepresenting myself?

4mask: roo thinks they're scum, fine.
doll
Teebs
doll's case, the one I think you think I'm misrepresenting. While there are vagaries and details to be gone into, the essence of the case is "you haven't done anything mate, so you must be scum"
doll further explains, saying 4masks inactivity is telling. Still a case based on inactivity though, innit?
roo again voting with doll
me again, voting there to break a tie knowing I might not get on prior to the deadline.

After this point I began to lose interest so yeah.

doll brought up Hapah as being among the active-lurky players at various points, I may have quoted it during this, but I'm using my phone and can't be bothered to check. Thus some links may not go t where I want them to, as I'm not going to check and risk closing this accidentally. Done it before, pain in the arse.

Anyway, these are the cases, what have I misrepresented?

PPE: I played a year long game with FoU, I can read him much better than I can read doll. He does have a nasty habit of pinging my scumdar though.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 13, 2017, 03:27:14 pm »

... then when you had the power to control the tiebreak you voted johiah. Johiah was less involved in anything/everything than 4mask, and a lot of the value of the lynch is in seeing how people stand, publically, and how the lynch reflected upon them. We learned far less from the johiah lynch you decided upon than we would have from a 4mask one. So why did you change your mind in those final hours from 4mask to johiah, with no input from either of them in the interum to cause the change?

In the short-term we learned less of things with johiah's lynch, yes. In the longer-term, we got rid of a player who would draw a lot of suspicion had they remained in the game (if Johiah didn't make the replacement request) which would only benefit scum, and we had players replacing the other requesters but not Johiah. I didn't particulary want to drag around the dead weight, in either case.
Fair.
additionally you have claimed twice now that all 4 cases made yesterday were essentially identical. I saw all four as substantially different and unique from one another. TBF was being voted for his meta, as a push to improve, which you showed you understood here:
...I will say to OSG (oh hey you're back yourself man ;)) that he's voting TBF for what is essentially TBF's meta. He's... not the best player. I'm uncertain if this is intentional, because he does it as town and scum, and is consequently tough to read, but it is fair to say that his play benefits the scum a lot more than it does the town.

In terms of who to lynch, like I said before, it seems the 4 major cases we've had this day have been more or less the same, with a few personal views sprinkled in over why any particular case is more notable than any other.

I think there has been a lot of good stuff generated this day, the main issue being that in order for it all to begin making sense, someone has to flip. The main problem with that is that we've just had a third of the town replace in at the deadline so... that's not all that helpful for all that would happen after the flip to make sense.
the accusation of johiah was passive-lurking and new player failing to interact effectively, the accusation of 4mask was active-lurking in a veteran player who knows better, and Hapah's case is based on a hypocritical position he took against doll and him voting for a player he himself considers towny.

The details of the various cases were different, yes, but the crux of them I felt were essentially the same. Your case against Hapah came after I said the cases were similar, and I wasn't paying attention to it because you were tunneling so hard there, and my aforementioned interest levels were quite low around that point.

Perhaps you could boil down your case against Hapah with relevant quotes attached? Your initial case is mixed in with your assessment of 4mask's play, and you did a dump of all Hapah's posts from the game that really isn't all that helpful, even with highlighted commentary.
my initial case is tied directly into my assessment of 4mask's play.
the dump was specifically to expound, by request, upon the aspect of Hapah being passive. it was all about a minor subsection of the case against him. and I'm irked that you're too lazy to read the actual case. it's still there, and it's not all that long or complicted since i made the entire thing VIA PHONE.

PPE:
so the four cases you were counting were TBF, johiah, gentlefish and 4mask.
the four I was counting were TBF, johiah, 4mask, and Hapah.

I didn't know you were completely dismissing my entire case without reading it in any way.
I don't know what I think about this.

consider the FoS dropped, at least for now, it's pretty clear to me now that we've been communicating at cross-angles to each other. I need to re-read your posts with the changed context in mind before deciding how I want to proceed.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 13, 2017, 03:47:11 pm »

Right. Cool beans. I had the feeling something wasn't right in what we were communicating I just didn't know what it was.

I haven't dismissed your case. I haven't read it yet (or rather, not properly read it) so it would be foolish to do anything with it without reading it. I asked you to make that task easier (for everyone) but ah well, I'll get to it at some point. It's mostly the corroborating evidence with quotes (the why of your case) I'm interested in. Like I said, you quoted all Hapah's posts, twice hitting the character limit for a single post, that's a lot to go through and it's not immediately obvious which quotes you feel corroborates which parts of your assertions.

It would be to your favor to streamline things if you want the lazy folk like me to jump on the bandwagon, though.

'cept Teebs, but he's easy to manipulate.

Is Teebs gonna answer the questions I asked at day start?

Gentlefish: also still waiting on a response from my D1 stuff directed at you. You were also on two of the four bandwagons that formed yesterday, both of which were the easy targets who weren't contributing. Not looking good for you.

OSG: eh, it's good to see you again and I just want to look as though I'm starting the day with things, and my end-of-day vote (kinda) was mysteriously murdered during the night. Why'd you choose FoU, man, or did you let your scumbudy decide?

I don't like the rest of you, so you can all jump off a bridge or something.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 13, 2017, 06:24:45 pm »

TBF, OSG, Roo, Gentlefish:
So, lemmie talk theory fer a sec. cuz ya see, I'm tired, and I really dont wana do yet another flipping reread today. or even tomorrow. hell, I'm thinkin bout takin tomorrah off frm mafia entirely. fk it.
Ya see here, tha problem ahv got is Im gettin nothin from ya. any ah yuh. an dats a problem.
ya see, not a one a yeh  took the 24hrs ah da night phase as a useful time ter review.Gentle daint een posted posted sahns day star. ahn you other threes firs ting ya done wuz ask us to explain fer ya waht happin las even jus befer lynch. We got nothin yah aint got! were seein dem saim posts yall ar. Dah whole pon ah dis is yeh need ter timk fer yersself  cuz wez got arselves two bloody liars in dah pack whoz werd aint mean shit.
We aint magic. weh caint read yer mindz or lern nuttin dat ya don puh ouh der. buh wez gotta give yerz sahm leeweh cuz yer new, yah ain knowin bettr.
Ahm naht web, er NQT, er shakerag, er Tiruin. Ahm nobodeh. I suhr ain no IC. Ah actualleh belon in ah BM ah just don likem sah ah avoi em.
nahw lookit waht ah dun frm duh momen ah came in. ah ain pshchic. ahm no magician er supahvet er nuttin. ahm nobodeh.
buht ah knew weh needed ter get sahm activiteh gohin, sah ah made er happin. ah did ah quick thread skim. picked mehself sahmwun. and jus wen affer em fer all i cul mustah.
realiteh ahs, we aint got shit ter werk wit ter find scum. mah case, all our cases hav behn weak ahz all gehout. buht dats naht dah poin.
dah poin is ter ferce peepz ter take a stand. ferce perpz ter shaow wut der made uhv.
Dat wuz dah rael poin ah me harassin hecter tahdeh. ter see wuh hes mad er, and ter shaow eim wut ahm loik.
cuz dats der onleh waeh ter get material ter make dem cases dat don suck. ter push perpz ahn flimzeh shite ahn use dat ter get somtin rael ter werk wit.
buht wuz dis goh ter der wit ya?
gladgcha asked.
ifin ya don take dah time ter rehd ahn lern, don eveah tak stainces ah yer ohn, howem ah gon git ter lehn boucha?
ifin ah letcha git aweh wit refusin ter look at deh infer days ouht der, den yer ain gonna make yer owhn reads.
deh scum aint got reads, dey KNOW whoz der tahwn ahn whoz naht.
ahn ifn ya, ahz tahwn, aint makin readz ah yer awhn, den yer zactleh deh sahmz ahz dem.
deh ONLEH, onleh ting differn bout scum ahn tahwn, ahz dey knaw what weh don. deh got nah mystereh, nah gessin, nah serchin.
ifn yah dahwnt sach, evehn ahz tawhn, den again, yer dah sahm.
yez ahl scummziez ahz fook fer dis shite. buht datz nermal fer new gahiz. ya want ah techah teh guide yeh. weal guez waht. weh CAINT. Datz sah hol poin. Ya gottoh gui yerselves. yah gottah sehrch fer yahsaelves. ya gottah DO.
sahw DO somtin.

hael, ah wahz raekless ahz fook dah pas sevrael rael loief daiz. ahm suhr ah sain sahm scummeh shite. yah seen whah men hec don ter ech oher? do dat shite ter meh.
attah me.
praeve yersaelf bah makin ah case.
eht don matah dat ahm tawhn, attah meh anywahez. ya gotta praeve eht ter yersaelves, ahn don let nobodeh tael yer dat yer roit er wraeng cept yersaelves.
dats deh naturah ah haow mafiah waerkz.

fk dis shite imah goez sleepz.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 13, 2017, 07:30:17 pm »

Er... plus 1.

I'm reasonably sure nobody is new though. They all know what they gotta do.

Anyhow... we know FoU/doll and Johiah were town. Look back at the interactions with those guys D1, and go from there. If anything sticks out, ask about it.

Get to it lads/lassies/things.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 13, 2017, 11:44:51 pm »

Tensions from yesterday continue into today. You're still not sure who to blame, but you have a few guesses.

During a break in the conversation, you snack on some delicious food.

Hapah(2): Lenglon, TheBiggerFish
Gentlefish:
Doubloon-Seven hector13:
TheBiggerFish:
roo:
4maskwolf origamiscienceguy(1): hector13
webadict Lenglon(2): origamiscienceguy, roo

Not voting(2): Gentlefish, Hapah

Day 2 will end at 2pm forum time on Wednesday, May 17.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 14, 2017, 05:46:57 am »

Um, could someone, idc who, link me to Hapah's several most recent mafia games on bay12? I want to look up something specific and don't want to reveal what to avoid getting biased data.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 14, 2017, 09:03:31 am »

Wait, why are people voting Lenglon again?

Why is TBF not voting Lenglon, or me?

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36