Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 71915 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: One replacement needed
« Reply #375 on: May 11, 2017, 05:49:24 pm »

Modkill for communicating at night!!!11!

... wait...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: One replacement needed
« Reply #376 on: May 11, 2017, 05:50:19 pm »

Or just stop posting.
(Like at TBF'S postcount on this forum)

Maybe it would be best to lock.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Day 2: Now with 100% more explosions
« Reply #377 on: May 12, 2017, 04:48:35 pm »

In the middle of the night, nuclear explosions are detected somewhere in the middle east. Everyone around the world is ready to retaliate until they realize that the explosions were nuclear missiles from FallacyOfUrist's country exploding in or near their silos. Unfortunately, FallacyOfUrist and other ambassadors from his country stayed in a hotel only a few miles from number of nuclear silos and ended up vaporized, so his country is currently unable to continue negotiations.

FallacyOfUrist has been killed! He was vanilla town.

Hapah:
Gentlefish:
Doubloon-Seven hector13:
TheBiggerFish:
roo:
4maskwolf origamiscienceguy:
webadict Lenglon:

Not voting: Everyone!

Day 2 has begun. It will end at 2pm forum time on Wednesday, May 17.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Day 2: Now with 100% more explosions
« Reply #378 on: May 12, 2017, 05:20:44 pm »

Lenglon what was with all that vote sniping right before the end of day?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 12, 2017, 07:42:22 pm »

hector13: You're oscillating too much.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 12, 2017, 07:44:01 pm »

...Same for Lenglon.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 12, 2017, 08:00:04 pm »

Lenglon what was with all that vote sniping right before the end of day?

lenglon
Or not it's cool.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 12, 2017, 08:08:02 pm »

hector13: You're oscillating too much.

What do you mean?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 12, 2017, 08:09:46 pm »

On both counts.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 12, 2017, 08:26:16 pm »

Hapah

OSG, TBF, and roo: we were tiebreaking. if we had ended day on a tie it would have been a no-lynch, which is bad. pay attention please, because your votes were part of the problem there. we both had to vote for people we didnt actually comsider the prime lynch target at various points just to deal with the mess.

Hector13: your vote before I made my case was on 4mask. you unvoted in reaction to my case. then when you had the power to control the tiebreak you voted johiah. Johiah was less involved in anything/everything than 4mask, and a lot of the value of the lynch is in seeing how people stand, publically, and how the lynch reflected upon them. We learned far less from the johiah lynch you decided upon than we would have from a 4mask one. So why did you change your mind in those final hours from 4mask to johiah, with no input from either of them in the interum to cause the change?

additionally you have claimed twice now that all 4 cases made yesterday were essentially identical. I saw all four as substantially different and unique from one another. TBF was being voted for his meta, as a push to improve, which you showed you understood here:
...I will say to OSG (oh hey you're back yourself man ;)) that he's voting TBF for what is essentially TBF's meta. He's... not the best player. I'm uncertain if this is intentional, because he does it as town and scum, and is consequently tough to read, but it is fair to say that his play benefits the scum a lot more than it does the town.

In terms of who to lynch, like I said before, it seems the 4 major cases we've had this day have been more or less the same, with a few personal views sprinkled in over why any particular case is more notable than any other.

I think there has been a lot of good stuff generated this day, the main issue being that in order for it all to begin making sense, someone has to flip. The main problem with that is that we've just had a third of the town replace in at the deadline so... that's not all that helpful for all that would happen after the flip to make sense.
the accusation of johiah was passive-lurking and new player failing to interact effectively, the accusation of 4mask was active-lurking in a veteran player who knows better, and Hapah's case is based on a hypocritical position he took against doll and him voting for a player he himself considers towny.

so... what the hell is this? You are vastly oversimplifying and mis-stating the positions people have taken, and at the same time demonstrating an understanding of the differences you are dismissing out of hand. Right now you're my #2 scumpick for this crap.

Gentlefish, roo: get off the sidelines please. If you can't find anything to confront someone about, then you arent being thourough enough. For example, I'm waiting for someone to confront me about me taking contradictory positions on 4mask in my posts yesterday. Nobody seems to have caught it yet that ive called him both town and scum, almost back to back. I know why I did it, but its still a questionable thing to do. If I didn't have a good reason for it, it would be a signal of me not having a real opinion or read of him, which is scummy because scum have to fake their reads of people, since they actually know people's alignment and arent guessing, unlike the rest of us.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 12, 2017, 08:36:37 pm »

*Burns in nuclear fire*

Bah, humbug!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 12, 2017, 08:42:02 pm »

Hector broke the tie, I'm pretty sure you created it.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 12, 2017, 08:47:04 pm »

No hector created the tie.
Or not it's cool.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 12, 2017, 08:48:16 pm »

He broke one of them, yes. and I did make the later one by accident, I had forgotten you had removed your vote from doll when you voted TBF, and thought hectors vote had re-tied 4mask and doll at 3 votes apiece when in reality his vote had simply moved doll back up to two.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 12, 2017, 09:06:20 pm »

I am so confused by this.

Can someone just plot out the ways the votes moved yesterday eve?

I think I can agree with Lenglon that Hapah is scummy, though I'm not sure what exactly makes me think so besides the continual failure to deliver on promised posts.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36