Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 72094 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: Now two days longer
« Reply #285 on: May 08, 2017, 04:00:53 am »

I'm going to throw in my lot for an extend.  I got called in to cover like all the shifts at work and didn't have the time or energy to post here over the weekend, and I'm sure as hell not going to make a large post this late at night.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 08, 2017, 06:11:16 am »

extend
extend

hector13
To clarify, you voted me primarily to tie up the votes and force the extension (and you wouldn't be too concerned with a doll lynch), right?

TheBiggerFish
I know it's pretty much entirely within your meta but this:
...No fuck you, answer.
I'll answer, assuming I get time before day end, but no.  Not okay, hector.
Is the scummiest thing you've done all game.

The reason for this is twofold: you're pretending to be active by 'following up on questions' (but not actually because you haven't added anything and you've got no pressure) and fakevoting, and you are refusing to be active in the same post. It's a soft refusal ("assuming I get time") but it's an out nonetheless. If you've got time to post this, why not answer one of the questions? They weren't difficult questions; even a curt response to the question about my interaction with roo would be fine with a promise for deeper elaboration on that and earlier topics at a later date.

You are voting 4maskwolf "as per doll", but by the same standards on which I am pursuing 4maskwolf I am also casting shade on Gentlefish and Hapah (and johiah) and yourself. 4maskwolf is by far the most egregious example and the hardest therefore to catch on anything else (he doesn't have the volume of content in which to establish a pattern of mafiascum thought, except in the complete lack of content of value to the town), but if you refuse to answer questions, guess what, I've got nothing to evaluate you on other than a demonstrated unwillingness to help the town.  (hint: this is why you and I are voting 4maskwolf)

So my question is:
Assuming johiah isn't an available target (he dies or w/e), what are you going to do between now and Day 2 in order to avoid going back to the lynch pole on account of your uselessness?

Hapah
As before: why did it strike you as odd that roo moved their vote?
Did you think that vote carried a lot of weight?
Do you feel the vote was for something valid, yet unresolved?
What is that, and why didn't you ask about it specifically?
What is that, and why is it present in your play to get you voted on?

Gentlefish
This:
I'll have something for you guys later today. The last few days have been a caffeine-fuled programming haze. Doesn't help I look active all the time cuz I have updated topics as a pinned tab. Regardless.
Was a while ago and you've been dead in the water across Bay12 since then.
Are you coming back?

Webadict
Outside of possibly myself, do you have any strong suspicions of scum?
Presuming there is no cop, how would I go about getting myself townread by you in the days to come?
Have you identified a power role?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 08, 2017, 06:28:05 am »

SOOO let's have some silly flavor (BECUZ STEREOOTYPES) plus a validated votecount (I've noted TBF's didn't include the extensions)

In-between deliberations, a certain person from a certain country began serving biscuits or cookies--adjusted to the favorites of the nation leaders gathered--and warmed tea. She whispers compliments and greetings as she hands them to each one of you in turn. Perhaps, she was just 'the maid', but she also had a handheld stereo in her hands, and began to play classical music with a violin placed nearby. Perhaps it came from the violin case, but this was a private meeting area. Regardless, there was a paper she had placed in the middle, showing the many timezones of each nation.

It referenced something important. (the earlier votecount)

Hapah:
doll(2): johiah, 4maskwolf
johiah(3): Hapah, Gentlefish, webadict
Gentlefish(0):
*hector13:
TheBiggerFish:
roo:
4maskwolf(4): doll, TheBiggerFish, roo, hector13
webadict:

Not voting: N/A

Extend(3/4) (one extend remaining):
> Hector13
> 4maskwolf
> doll

*Hector13 is Doubloon-Seven.

Day 1 ends Monday, May 8th at roughly 2pm forum time.

Time of my post: « Reply #287 on: Today at 06:28:05 am »

You all have around 7 hours left.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 08, 2017, 07:49:35 am »

extend
extend

hector13
To clarify, you voted me primarily to tie up the votes and force the extension (and you wouldn't be too concerned with a doll lynch), right?

Partly. You and 4mask are going to be difficult to read, so tying the vote between you two would force webadict to choose between you both, but then I figured lynching 4mask'll probably tell me more about you than a doll lynch'll tell me about 4mask.

I was also going to point out after TBF answered that the "case" you have on 4mask can be applied to almost half the town, but you beat me to it. Uncertain how to feel about that. Well... it gives you more Towncred. I'm uncertain how to feel about that :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 08, 2017, 08:03:04 am »

doll: I guess my question to you then is why you think 4mask is the most egregious example out of the 4 you mentioned?

You and webadict have a similar mindset (one I understand but don't necessarily share) about bringing "useful" players into the latter stages of the game. Of the 4 players you mentioned, who do you think'd be the most useful to keep alive? Or, the non-trap version, does 4mask's dearth of content now trump their value in the late game and if so, why so?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 08, 2017, 09:43:23 am »

Extend
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 08, 2017, 09:48:01 am »

@doll: Because I RL haven't got the thirty minutes longpost responses would take.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 08, 2017, 11:19:55 am »

Extend
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 08, 2017, 01:58:59 pm »

The day has been extended by two days, votecount will be posted shortly. No more extends are available.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 08, 2017, 04:05:52 pm »

Uhhh... sorry. Can I get a replacement? Things are super busy for me. I'll do what I can but it probably won't be much.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 08, 2017, 05:49:45 pm »

Show of hands, how many of us are really busy right now and would like a week?
Sigtext

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 08, 2017, 07:25:53 pm »

It's finals week right now and I'm swamped. A week would be a grace. I still plan on making a post to touch on everything I missed and am missing. Buh.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 08, 2017, 08:22:51 pm »

Wouldn't like another week, personally. If things stay as they are night will fall on Wednesday and day won't break until Thursday at the earliest (and with it two more extensions should we need it). There are plenty more days to go.

I'm piecing together a post in another tab as a I find the time, I'll get it out sometime this evening (next 4 hours or so).
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 08, 2017, 09:31:48 pm »

I'm alright without a break, just means I get to be rightfully upset come D2 :P

Also, I guess I can take over IC duties for webadict, if nobody has any qualms? Not really sure I'd be any good at it, but it'd probably make finding a replacement slightly easier.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: Another replacement needed
« Reply #299 on: May 08, 2017, 09:41:24 pm »

By popular vote the day continues. No one has slept for what feels like days and some people have passed out and are replaced by other representatives of their countries. The most recent one goes by the name webadict. As soon as he collapses, his country is called and replacement is requested.

Luckily, the day will eventually end and you can relax... except that one country will be nuked. But it's less effort that high-stakes debating, right?

Hapah:
doll(2): johiah, 4maskwolf
johiah(3): Hapah, Gentlefish, webadict
Gentlefish:
Doubloon-Seven hector13:
TheBiggerFish:
roo:
4maskwolf(4): doll, TheBiggerFish, roo, hector13
webadict:

Not voting:

Day 1 ends Wednesday, May 10th at roughly 2pm forum time. There are no more extensions available.

Given that there have been two and a half extensions so far, the day will not be extended any more. Hopefully the night will also give people a bit of time.

webadict has requested replacement.

I'm alright without a break, just means I get to be rightfully upset come D2 :P

Also, I guess I can take over IC duties for webadict, if nobody has any qualms? Not really sure I'd be any good at it, but it'd probably make finding a replacement slightly easier.

That should be be fine and it does make replacement easier.
hector13 is now an IC.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36