Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 72193 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: Discussion begins.
« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2017, 09:35:30 pm »

@web I don't really care about tbf. What I care as I have said is about your play towards tbf. And I am saying it doesn't make sense from a town mindset. You still haven't admitted that it is a policy lynch. I'm assuming you're still holding ground on it being an rvs vote? That doesn't make sense to me either.

You keep attempting to reframe the issues that I bring up. And keep throwing tbf in my face with a perpetual nuh uh this this tbf is trash. I already heard all that. I already heard tbf needs death. I'm saying so what? kill him. I'm trying to find scum. I'm not interested in tbf.
Or not it's cool.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2017, 10:52:49 pm »

@web I don't really care about tbf. What I care as I have said is about your play towards tbf. And I am saying it doesn't make sense from a town mindset. You still haven't admitted that it is a policy lynch. I'm assuming you're still holding ground on it being an rvs vote? That doesn't make sense to me either.

You keep attempting to reframe the issues that I bring up. And keep throwing tbf in my face with a perpetual nuh uh this this tbf is trash. I already heard all that. I already heard tbf needs death. I'm saying so what? kill him. I'm trying to find scum. I'm not interested in tbf.
That's because you're not thinking. You see things through your little tunnel. You have tunnelvision.

Also, because you're absolutely stupid, here's some quotes. Bolded for the blind, which I can't be sure you're not, since you clearly have enough brain cells to type replies.
@roo: That goes counter to your initial vote for me then. You never once suggested this was for any other reason than because of TBF. You originally stated that my policyvoting TBF was precisely what you found suspicious.
I use the literal words of policyvoting. I am amazed at your ineptitude.

I don't believe to be the only lynch option. I believe him to be the BEST lynch option. Like, the only better option is scum.
Because he is anti-town. Because of past games, essentially makes this a policy lynch.

Of course I'm gonna double down on TBF. I have played several games with him. I don't even believe he's scum. He probably isn't. But the problem is that even as town, he actively hurts the chances to win, which means that I want him to shape up or ship out.
You wanna know why? Because he's literally useless, and this being the first Day makes him a really fucking good lynch. I want you to do a little comparison: Who would you rather have alive at LYLO: Me or TBF? This isn't that hard of a question, because the right answer is me. And you wanna know what the answer to that is when I say "Who would I rather have alive at LYLO: X or TBF", I pick X every time.

BECAUSE IT'S A GOOD POLICY.

I want him to learn or die.

Overall, this is RVS where I shot R in the end and moved the gun to Org, I mean TBF's head. He has a choice to make, and you can move your gun to my head, but I refuse to move mine until he decides this isn't Candyland.
It's not even a random vote. It's literally explicitly stated that this is NOT random. Because it's not random.

That's not even a warm-up.

@web I don't really care about tbf.
If you don't care, then aren't you being pretentious with this quote
If you were webadict how you decide when TBF  has "shaped up" and is no longer the best lynch option? "Shaping up" had no parameters nor examples of what "shaping up" means. Effectively "shaping up" can only mean lay down and die for me in this instance.
You can't NOT care and still determine that my reasoning is flawed based off of that. Because as far as I can see, my vote reasoning still stands, and since you don't care, you can't really back your point up.

And I am saying it doesn't make sense from a town mindset.
No, it doesn't make sense from YOUR mindset, because you put blinders on and can't see anything past those little red borders that are framing my handsome, penguin-esque face, cutie. But, that's probably because you're sweet, li'l mind is too delicate for this, mm'kay?

You keep attempting to reframe the issues that I bring up.
Seems like they're perfectly well framed to me:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And keep throwing tbf in my face with a perpetual nuh uh this this tbf is trash.
I am rubbing your nose into it, because apparently, this is what needs to be done. In order to properly train a misbehaving child, you must constantly reinforce the lessons you're trying to teach them. The lesson here is that TBF is the bad influence child that none of the other children should be allowed to hang around. Not because he hangs around drug dealers or gang members, but because his parents don't really do anything about him running in front of cars, and it's only the third time this week he's been hit.

I'm trying to find scum. I'm not interested in tbf.
Cool, but you're looking in the wrong place. I've written more in this single post than TBF has written all game. You want to know why? Because I actually care a little bit about trying. Your tunnel vision lets you only see the bad parts of what I'm doing, and you refuse to acknowledge that some players play this game like benevolent dictators. I'm going to expose this playstyle to you. If you think I'm bad, you should see doll. If you want to start learning, try thinking a little bit harder and get back to me when you realize that even though you think what I do is wrong, it is done for the right reasons. Maybe you'll learn. Maybe you'll get to join TBF in the nearly-hopeless category. Frankly, I don't really care about you. You care too much to be scum. How's that for a read? But you probably won't read this far before you type your scathing review of today's web post.

So, we done yet, or do you want to learn a little harder?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2017, 10:58:51 pm »

God, can this web guy get any more consistent with his words. It's almost like he's believing in the things he says.

Alternatively, here's a direct quote from TBF this game:
roo: Wait, you sound coherent.  What happened?
Great stuff, this guy is the epitome of towniness. If there were 9 of him, the game would read like the world's worst Twitter feed.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2017, 11:31:52 pm »

webadict:Firstly, that's one quote, out of context, that seems eminently reasonable to ask considering how roo is often...rather more incoherent than not.  Secondly, it was actually a little suspicious, though I somehow managed to gloss over the entire first half of the post that prompted this response, which was far more...usual.  roo being coherent is like Tiruin being aggressive - something's probably up.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 02, 2017, 05:03:03 am »

Spoiler: Addressing Gentlefish (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Addressing Hapah (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chess with Penguins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Addressing 4maskwolf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inactive Players (click to show/hide)

I don't really need a protest vote anymore, because I wouldn't be too worried if the day ended here.
On that note,
TheBiggerFish

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 02, 2017, 06:45:03 am »

@Hapah
May I ask why you are voting me?
@doll I did ask this recently, but Hapah has not responded yet for me to say anything.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 02, 2017, 07:04:32 am »

webadict:Firstly, that's one quote, out of context, that seems eminently reasonable to ask considering how roo is often...rather more incoherent than not.  Secondly, it was actually a little suspicious, though I somehow managed to gloss over the entire first half of the post that prompted this response, which was far more...usual.  roo being coherent is like Tiruin being aggressive - something's probably up.
I had 22 others in my post, of which 21 were the same. But thank you for finally trying here. See how you made like 2 points in this post? That means you created two productive posts this game, which means you beat your average.

Also, doll is mafia.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 02, 2017, 07:13:45 am »

Excuse me, I have done more than that over the course of this game and I'm pretty sure that if you were actually reading my posts instead of letting your bias against me ignore that I have actually been producing content.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 02, 2017, 07:32:17 am »

-ship-
Also, doll is mafia.
Could you tell me how you came to that conclusion? (Not saying you're wrong, just wondering what I missed)
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 02, 2017, 08:38:20 am »

Excuse me, I have done more than that over the course of this game and I'm pretty sure that if you were actually reading my posts instead of letting your bias against me ignore that I have actually been producing content.
I worked backwards from your 29 posts at the time of my post. You had 29 posts. You had the content of one. You are the activelurker. You can't tell me that your posts add something even in the context they appear because they certainly don't, and you can click them to verify.

And if you actually cared, you'd continue to try as hard as you seem to right now. See what happens when there's a reason to try? You actually create something useful.

But you gotta try a little harder for me. Why shouldn't I vote you if you plan to stop helping after I do?

-ship-
Also, doll is mafia.
Could you tell me how you came to that conclusion? (Not saying you're wrong, just wondering what I missed)
You missed nothing. Doll feels off. He's mafia.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: Discussion Begins.
« Reply #175 on: May 02, 2017, 09:34:41 am »

New polls show 44% of all nations want to nuke fish.

Hapah:
doll:
johiah(2): TBF, Hapah
Gentlefish:
Doubloon-Seven:
TheBiggerFish(4): 4maskwolf, webadict, johiah, doll
roo:
4maskwolf:
webadict(1): roo

Not voting(2): Gentlefish, Doubloon-Seven

Day 1 ends Wednesday, May 3rd at roughly 2pm forum time.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 02, 2017, 10:02:10 am »

webadict:So what exactly feels 'off' about doll?
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 02, 2017, 11:05:23 am »

webadict:So what exactly feels 'off' about doll?
My high hopes are dashed upon the rocks.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2017, 11:06:39 am »

Elaborate on your suspicions, I want to see if I can see them.  >:(
Sigtext

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2017, 12:04:56 pm »

Spoiler: Addressing Gentlefish (click to show/hide)

First, I shall apologize for mis-reading your post. That really does change the tone. Secondly, I thought it was considered etiquette to not expect folks to post on the weekend.

I don't think that "Oh he's not posting on the weekend, let's not engage him so I can catch him for inactivity!" is really a solid move. I was, after all, planning on posting on Monday, like I had. Your posts didn't really motivate me to play during what I thought was a sanctioned its-okay-to-slack-off time. I'm glad you can base your interpretation of me off of what I post. I mean, I don't think there's another way to interpret someone here. Actions and words are all we have, right? I'm not missing anything? And then you try to pressure me into activity when you say yourself intermittent inactivity is acceptable? I hardly consider last weekend a "critical moment" of this game since we have until tomorrow afternoon and it looks like everyone's mind was made up already.

Is there something more you wanted from me? I'm more than willing to answer questions, seeing as back-and-forth can only help town succeed.

Johiah: Somehow my vote was missed in the count.
@Hapah
May I ask why you are voting me?

We're voting you because you're inactive. Be active and we may shift our vote.

@Gentlefish: what would you as a town IC that is focused on teaching do if the game stagnated?

If you were webadict how you decide when TBF  has "shaped up" and is no longer the best lynch option? "Shaping up" had no parameters nor examples of what "shaping up" means. Effectively "shaping up" can only mean lay down and die for me in this instance.

Also who would you kill if you were mafia?

As a town IC I'd probably IC something about how inactivity loses for town and not to do that, then lead a crusade against inactive players if there's a dearth of interaction.

The second question is a passive-aggressive attack on Webadict but I'll answer anyway. He'd have shaped up if he left meta-game knowledge (haha kind of funny considering) outside of the game and didn't flit about from tunneling to tunneling.

As for whom I'd kill if I were mafia, I'd probably pick off Doll if they weren't. They're actually fighting the good fight which makes for strong town and really scary scum because they're always pushing the initiative and forcing everyone else to react. Failing that, if TBF survived the day somehow, killing him might cast doubt on everyone who voted him, so he'd be a good kill too.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 36