Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 70036 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Day 2: 1 Replacement Needed
« Reply #510 on: May 20, 2017, 02:50:28 pm »

What contributions has Hapah made so far?

What has Lenglon done that was a slip? Why is it a scumslip? Is it solely something that will further the game for scum?
Hepah has made comments and reads of all the players that were playing with him at the time, even though he is also guilty of a few minor scumslips along the way.

Lenglon's slip is his tunneling of Hepah. Day 1, he was ignoring any other possible suspect (until day end forced him to make a change) Tunneling makes your chance of finding scum about a 2/9 chance (if you are a townie) while it makes finding a townie 100% (If you are scum)
time to be direct again:
OSG - if all everyone does is sit back and wait for someone else to slip, you get literally zero posts. zero activity. if you limit yourself to ONLY targeting scumslips, you'll almost never do anything at all, and overall are not helpful to the town.

That's what RVS is for. Getting people to talk, askiong questions hopefully pertinent to the game, and seeing if someone will slip.

Is it tunneling when the first thing you present your case prior to interaction?

What minor scumslips has Hapah made?

I'll be frank here and say you're not convincing me of your towniness. I'll ponder upon why that might be for a while.

Not a fan of your maths there, either. Scum is 100% going after Town unless they can gain a lot of Towncred from bussing their partner, which is super risky. Tunneling isn't inherently bad as Town (just 'cause you interact mostly with one person does not mean you're ignoring everyone else) though it's not ideal either. Everyone's chance of finding scum is 2/9 from a statistical POV.

I'm unlikely to get much activity today, there's a small party and we'll be entertaining friends later.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 21, 2017, 06:00:33 pm »

Votecount and day end reminder please.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Day 2: 1 Replacement Needed (again)
« Reply #512 on: May 22, 2017, 09:16:53 am »

Around the world, millions upon millions of people are glued to their computers as they watch the news:

"New law led to this person's arrest for petting a dog; it could happen to you too!" [note: actual arrest was for kidnapping another person's dog]

"Unrest in Central Asia after international investigation into - " [no readers maintained interest in this article past this point]

"Listen to these 5 reasons to invest in WeightLossFoods - number 3 will blow your mind!"

"Three people killed in grocery store collapse in US, national day of mourning announced" [received over three billion "enjoys" on AppleBook]

"Global warming scientist finally charged for financial loss to oil company" [As everyone knows, the rising oceans and lack of polar ice caps are part of a natural cycle; the Earth will see an unprecedented low average temperature of 20 C withing a decade]

"Millions killed in nuclear attack in Middle East, hardest hit nation was - " [attack not in Western nation, so no one read anything else]

Hapah(1): TheBiggerFish
Gentlefish(1): origamiscienceguy
Doubloon-Seven hector13:
TheBiggerFish(2): hector13, Lenglon
roo:
4maskwolf origamiscienceguy(1): roo
webadict Lenglon:

Not voting(2): Gentlefish, Hapah

The day ends at 2pm forum time on Tuesday, May 23. No extensions remain.

Hapah is still up for replacement.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 22, 2017, 10:35:01 am »

Agh...
Replacement please, I've lost all engagement with this game.  Sorry.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 22, 2017, 10:48:16 am »

Game Abort Request - mass inactivity. please just call it a tie and end it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 22, 2017, 11:27:48 am »

Game Abort Request - mass inactivity. please just call it a tie and end it.

We had 3-4 pages of posts on Friday and Saturday, then a day of inactivity on Sunday (which is typically a low-activity day anyway). That's not mass inactivity. If you feel like there's nothing for anyone to add, you're always free to vote to shorten the day.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 22, 2017, 11:33:37 am »

All that activity came from me, hector, and OSG. Gentlefish has made a single post in all of Day 2. roo has added nothing of signifigance to day 2, Hapah hasn't made a single post Day 2 and is asking to be replaced, TBF is asking to be replaced, I have a decent chance of being unable to post after this thursday, and we've had to replace almost every single player in the entire game. This is absurd, there IS no daygame to this mafia game at this point, all town can do is lurker-lynch. It needs to be called.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 22, 2017, 12:11:42 pm »

I'm sort of with them. This really isn't a beginners game anymore. It isn't your fault, tds. But I think this game is somewhat pointless.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 22, 2017, 12:31:33 pm »

What do you think about me modkilling all the inactives? That way, if the game does continue (assuming that there are still enough town and mafia to continue), it will be short and only have active people left. If there aren't enough people left (no mafia or enough to win), I'll just end the game.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 22, 2017, 12:35:21 pm »

That would leave just three people left. And none of them are beginners. I don't particularly want to continue this game. I just joined to fill a gap.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 22, 2017, 01:43:34 pm »

Well then.

Doesn't seem as though folks are all that interested in continuing. I'm happy to go on, but not so much if I'll be the only one playing.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 22, 2017, 03:39:24 pm »

Of the three active people, one won't be active much longer, another wants to be done, and another would be fine continuing but understandably doesn't want to play alone. Everyone else is up for replacement or is inactive and would be modkilled. I guess I'll call the game; I'll do a real game-end post shortly.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over
« Reply #522 on: May 22, 2017, 04:11:09 pm »

OSG and one of Hapah or TBF 4 scum.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 22, 2017, 04:36:21 pm »

OSG and one of Hapah or TBF 4 scum.

Half right.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 22, 2017, 04:39:06 pm »

Hapah and TBF were my picks for scumteam, but okay.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36