Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 70034 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Day 2: 1 Replacement Needed
« Reply #495 on: May 19, 2017, 07:18:22 pm »

Why is your potential scum-read for someone contingent on someone else being scum?

If Lenglon or roo is actually scum, does that mean Hapah must be their partner?
Absolutely not. The opposite I can only see Hepah being scum if roo or Lenglon is his partner. Lenglon is scummy on his own, regardless of this. And roo is neutral.

That only answers the second of those two questions. Now answer the first question.

That mistrust was, again, only relevant to myself in regards to Hapah's scummyness or not. I myself, as shown above, pointed out that it should not move you in any way. The only reason I mentioned it was transparency.

so, what the hell does that have to do with anything else I was saying?
Your case on Hepah started with your "gut feeling" and then you added incrimination afterwards. I don't care if you admited it or not.

What else should a case start with? :-\

And you quite clearly do care that she admitted it at first, else you wouldn't be having the present discussion...

You are spending a lot of time defending yourself, even though I'm not even voting for you. Don't you think your time would be better spent finding scum?

I have some pretty major issues with this, but I want to see how Lenglon answers.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: May 19, 2017, 07:39:08 pm »

Your case on Hepah started with your "gut feeling" and then you added incrimination afterwards. I don't care if you admited it or not.
Lol.
You are spending a lot of time defending yourself, even though I'm not even voting for you. Don't you think your time would be better spent finding scum?
hell no. I need to see what you can do. You thus far have been completley shitfuck useless. so I'm giving you a chance to express yourself.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: May 19, 2017, 07:45:12 pm »

Why is your potential scum-read for someone contingent on someone else being scum?

If Lenglon or roo is actually scum, does that mean Hapah must be their partner?
Absolutely not. The opposite I can only see Hepah being scum if roo or Lenglon is his partner. Lenglon is scummy on his own, regardless of this. And roo is neutral.

That only answers the second of those two questions. Now answer the first question.
As of now, it is contingent, because I don't see Hepah being scum with any other people. Sure, it is possible, but that would mean I was wrong. Thus far, Hepah has been rather townie to me, with his interactions with roo and Lenglon specifically being the only thing about him that I find scummy.
That mistrust was, again, only relevant to myself in regards to Hapah's scummyness or not. I myself, as shown above, pointed out that it should not move you in any way. The only reason I mentioned it was transparency.

so, what the hell does that have to do with anything else I was saying?

What else should a case start with? :-\
In my humble opinion, a case should start with a slip. Doesn't have to be massive, just something that other people can agree with. Unless you plan on flying to my house, and shoving your guts into my mouth, your "gut feeling" is useless.
And you quite clearly do care that she admitted it at first, else you wouldn't be having the present discussion...

Let me reword that.

I don't care that you told us to ignore your gut feeling. The fact that your whole case started with a gut feeling is what makes me mistrust you.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 19, 2017, 07:48:04 pm »

I don't care that you told us to ignore your gut feeling. The fact that your whole case started with a gut feeling is what makes me mistrust you.
welp, can't save stupid. Lemmie know when you remember how D1 mafia works.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 19, 2017, 07:51:39 pm »

Day 1 mafia, you should be looking for slips. There is never a player who doesn't slip.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 19, 2017, 07:53:26 pm »

How do you know when you've found a slip?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 19, 2017, 07:57:33 pm »

If they do something that a Townie would not find it in their best interest to do, but a mafia-man would.

Example: Activelurking. Not contributing decreases discussion, which makes it harder for townies to find scum, which is detrimental to a townies wincon.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 19, 2017, 08:01:10 pm »

What contributions has Hapah made so far?

What has Lenglon done that was a slip? Why is it a scumslip? Is it solely something that will further the game for scum?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 19, 2017, 08:16:34 pm »

How do you put a player in a position to be making slips in the first place?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 19, 2017, 08:36:10 pm »

time to be direct again:
OSG - if all everyone does is sit back and wait for someone else to slip, you get literally zero posts. zero activity. if you limit yourself to ONLY targeting scumslips, you'll almost never do anything at all, and overall are not helpful to the town.

having said that:
hael, ah wahz raekless ahz fook dah pas sevrael rael loief daiz. ahm suhr ah sain sahm scummeh shite. yah seen whah men hec don ter ech oher? do dat shite ter meh.
attah me.
praeve yersaelf bah makin ah case.
eht don matah dat ahm tawhn, attah meh anywahez. ya gotta praeve eht ter yersaelves, ahn don let nobodeh tael yer dat yer roit er wraeng cept yersaelves.
dats deh naturah ah haow mafiah waerkz.
That's all I'm really after right now. I admit, I'm not actually even scumhunting at this point. I just want some activity to be made. So... thanks for expressing yourself.

TBF: Your turn!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 20, 2017, 09:24:52 am »

And what is the question?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 20, 2017, 09:37:54 am »

What contributions has Hapah made so far?

What has Lenglon done that was a slip? Why is it a scumslip? Is it solely something that will further the game for scum?
Hepah has made comments and reads of all the players that were playing with him at the time, even though he is also guilty of a few minor scumslips along the way.

Lenglon's slip is his tunneling of Hepah. Day 1, he was ignoring any other possible suspect (until day end forced him to make a change) Tunneling makes your chance of finding scum about a 2/9 chance (if you are a townie) while it makes finding a townie 100% (If you are scum)
time to be direct again:
OSG - if all everyone does is sit back and wait for someone else to slip, you get literally zero posts. zero activity. if you limit yourself to ONLY targeting scumslips, you'll almost never do anything at all, and overall are not helpful to the town.

That's what RVS is for. Getting people to talk, askiong questions hopefully pertinent to the game, and seeing if someone will slip.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 20, 2017, 09:55:49 am »

So why weren't you participating in RVS?

Also *Hapah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Day 2: 2 Replacements Needed
« Reply #508 on: May 20, 2017, 10:07:20 am »

TBF:
Scumpicks: hector13, Hapah.
Why?
Now the biggie... why, on all counts.

PPE: Lenglon's a ninja, obvscum

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 20, 2017, 11:55:07 am »

So why weren't you participating in RVS?

Also *Hapah.
Because I wasn't around for RVS. You'll have to ask 4mask.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36