Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [7/9] - Game Over  (Read 72116 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LXI - [9/9] - Day 1: Discussion begins.
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2017, 12:52:49 pm »

PFW

@Hapah
May I ask why you are voting me?
Because you're inactive, more or less. Get some questions out there, some votes (with a reason), something!

TBF

Doubloon-Seven: You're not new to the concept of Mafia.
Why are you doing even worse than me at it?
I asked you this once already, but looks like you missed it. Explain what you hope to gain from this. Or are you antagonizing folk for the sake of it?

Quote from: doll
Hapah
Sober enough to address my question?
Do you have any commentary you feel you should give on 4maskwolf or Webadict in this game so far?
Sorry, think I missed this, or at least I don't remember answering it. Nothing of note, really, though wuba is being a little....harder, harsher than I remember? And his posts a bit longer, but he is an IC. No real read on 4mask.

@Hapah: I was hoping to get an idea of your town meta and scum meta, but it's been four years and you don't remember details, so your meta has probably changed.  But if you were scum, you could have fed me bad intel, as was.
That's it? Really? That's such an obvious angle I thought there would have to be something more. Would you have actually gone and reviewed the games? Because while I don't remember individual games, my post history is there for all to see.

doll
Hapah
It's Day2. A scum player was lynched D1. A single player claims cop D2. Are they the cop? When would it be acceptable to lynch them? Do you pay any attention to their reports?
I think you almost have to believe him at that point, in a semiclosed game like this. I mean, that would be a bold going on foolish scumclaim: I looked at the role possibilities and two out of the three have an actual cop, right? If you fakeclaim cop as scum D2 and the real cop claims, one of you is gonna get lynched day 2 no question. And good luck talking your way out of that when you claimed Cop and the real one flips. I guess a vanilla townie could claim Cop, but I don't see what they could gain out of it (and it seems like an anti-town move).
Well lucky I'm not scum then because you'd have been fucked.
In games where scum are not blocked, they are statistically likely to be correct in assuming there is no cop (there is literally a better than 50% chance that either they find the cop or there was no cop).
Clearing a mafscum is auto-loss for the town.

Also, the cop will never flip in this game.
Mafia 100% have a role-cop. That means that after N1, mafia can kill the player they inspected last night. If that lets mafia close out the victory, then that's what they'll do.

That said, it was a good answer, and it told me a lot.
I've been chewing on this all morning and can't come to the same conclusion no matter how I bend it. The bits the confuse me are bolded for emphasis, can you comment? It's a bit into the weeds but I am genuinely interested.

Re "Moving your vote is a towntell" - Oh yeah, I vaguely remember NQT starting that up. Interesting that it's still holding up after all this time.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2017, 01:01:44 pm »

Yes, I would have gone and reviewed the games, but no, I don't feel like trawling through four years of posts to do it.

Doubloon-Seven: You're not new to the concept of Mafia.
Why are you doing even worse than me at it?
I asked you this once already, but looks like you missed it. Explain what you hope to gain from this. Or are you antagonizing folk for the sake of it?
I'm not antagonizing folk for the sake of it, but I will admit I wasn't exactly going anywhere with that, except maybe trying to point out to the TBF bandwagon that it's not just me, and I'm not exactly the worst case.  Though, really, that's johiah, not me.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2017, 01:15:54 pm »

PFW

Yes, I would have gone and reviewed the games, but no, I don't feel like trawling through four years of posts to do it.
Funny, me neither. Why would I? I started to because I said I'd try but gave up after 10 mins with little to show for it.

I'm not antagonizing folk for the sake of it, but I will admit I wasn't exactly going anywhere with that, except maybe trying to point out to the TBF bandwagon that it's not just me, and I'm not exactly the worst case.
Then say things plain. As it stands, it looks like you're just throwing snark and insults around without much rhyme or reason behind it.

-snip- I'm not exactly the worst case.  Though, really, that's johiah, not me.
Kinda like this. Mostly just looks like you're being a smartass.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 02, 2017, 01:17:21 pm »

That's fair.

Mn.

I mean to say johiah, not *Doubloon-Seven.  Oops.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 02, 2017, 01:19:48 pm »

@hapah are you and webadict copacetic?
Or not it's cool.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 02, 2017, 01:22:05 pm »

I don't know what that word means.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2017, 01:25:57 pm »

Web expressed "interest" in doll and so did you just recently. I'm just commenting on it. It makes a scenario I had in mind unlikely. Copacetic means in order or fine. In this context you can take it as me asking if you're working together to achieve nefarious results.
Or not it's cool.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2017, 01:26:40 pm »

A quick Google says "in excellent order", which would...presumably, insofar as you can presume things with roo, might mean that he's asking if you two agree with eachother.

Or it could be an accusation you're the scumteam.  I don't know.

...dammit ninja.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2017, 01:38:27 pm »

claiming vanilla town is a neutral claim that is utterly meaningless to what my actual role is at this stage in the game.  For this same reason, me claiming vanilla town now should not be an issue should I claim a power role later on: if it is, I'll just point people to this discussion.
Well, I am the cop. See, that was utterly meaningless too. There's no reason to think that one Day 1 claim is any different from any other, as you so clearly have identified.
It's almost a running gag to scumclaim when asked that question (what your role is) or when asked if you are scum.
What made you choose Vanilla Townie (and so specifically, too) over anything else? Why answer at all? Why not refuse to claim, which seems the much more prudent choice?

It seems to me that so far your play has been an attempt to avoid the spotlight. Why is that?
I could give a long-winded glib answer about why I believed vanilla townie to be the best claim and how I didn't feel like arguing with five other people, but honestly that wasn't what I was thinking at the time.  The answer to all your questions except the last one is "because I fucking felt like it".  I don't put a huge amount of thought into what I say until I find something to latch onto and pursue, unlike you and webadict.

As for your last question, I'm not.  You of all people should know that I'm not a particularly active or aggressive poster in the early stages of the game, extending all the way through the end of D1 and often most of D2.  Unlike you, I'm not good at pursuing lines of questioning and sussing out tidbits of information from people, so by nature I'm going to be less noticeable in the early stages of the game.  If you want to go after someone about avoiding the spotlight why not prod one of the actual lurkers rather than me, 'cause I'm actually posting reasonably large posts with content.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 02, 2017, 01:39:18 pm »

lol, that's a fancy word for such a simple question! No, I don't think we're working together to "nefarious results". I know I'm town and don't know about wuba, but I'd take any similarities in the way people talk in stride unless they were REALLY blatant.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 02, 2017, 02:33:46 pm »

lol, that's a fancy word for such a simple question! No, I don't think we're working together to "nefarious results". I know I'm town and don't know about wuba, but I'd take any similarities in the way people talk in stride unless they were REALLY blatant.
[/quote

Hmmmmmmmmm.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I have so much to say. But zero clue how to say it. I'll let my thoughts stew for a while and come back later. In short your hive mind with web your complementing me your opening posts. It paints a bad picture in my head, but my gut is telling me something feels off.
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2017, 02:34:03 pm »

Oops @mod fix pls if possible.
Or not it's cool.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2017, 02:35:06 pm »

I'd just post a fixed version of it, honestly, though it's not too bad to read as-is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2017, 03:06:44 pm »

-ship-
Also, doll is mafia.
Could you tell me how you came to that conclusion? (Not saying you're wrong, just wondering what I missed)
You missed nothing. Doll feels off. He's mafia.
Sweet. I totally called it when I made a "list" earlier.
Gonna go play strategy games.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2017, 03:58:02 pm »

-ship-
Also, doll is mafia.
Could you tell me how you came to that conclusion? (Not saying you're wrong, just wondering what I missed)
You missed nothing. Doll feels off. He's mafia.
Sweet. I totally called it when I made a "list" earlier.
Gonna go play strategy games.

Wait, no, Johiah, come back this is a strategy game! Do something please! Pursue a line of questioning, anything! Inactivity kills these games!

Also where is your list? Can you re-link it or share it with us?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 36