Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Evolution Game 2 IC  (Read 5584 times)

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Game 2 IC
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 07:08:59 am »

A new opportunity arose for the nasone and they would not miss it. The Cubecrabs were a fod surce too good to miss, so a new structure formed to help the Nasones break their shells. A hard, cheratinous beak that also helped them defend themselves from the rare predator aggression.

Form a hard beak for 2 EP
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 12:46:46 pm by Leonardo8 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 10:39:04 am »

Save up
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2017, 12:13:56 pm »

Evolve primitive light sensitive spots for 1 EP
The Klarnn realize they need to be able to see their prey, but this is just the first step on those stairs.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 12:17:58 pm by Puppyguard »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2017, 12:37:52 pm »

Evolve sleeker, faster fins down the length of our long eel-like bodies to outrun the predators and prey in the deeper oceans for 1 EP
Nom nom nom

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 01:46:35 pm »

The hooks on the Neophids' heads turn into pincers, allowing them to grasp fallen plant debris and feast on it underground.

Evolve simple pincers for 1 EP.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 10:29:55 pm »

Shit, I missed two turns? I'm really sorry about that. What with the number of players, I kinda thought turns would take longer. Do I still get the EP from those turns?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2017, 01:29:47 am »

Whoops!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2017, 01:30:10 am »

*-
Shallow Sea:

Noverian: Your species finds little reason to evolve at this time. During the day your species basks in the sunlight, and at night, hides from predators in cool areas. Predation is still an issue during the day however, as a long warm predator is now more common. Yet your species does well, it seems life here is exploding and your species is no exception. Plus with more prey around, your predator is less likely to eat you. Good times for the Noverian. Population grows to 31!

Moplural: Disaster strikes your species. Your main food source, a blue algae that was once common in this area, is now quite rare. It seems there has been an outbreak of Microsis exertialum of plague proportions. They literally cover the rocks, and have scraped them clean of algae in most places. With your food source rapidly depleting, your species is now in a competition of life and death with the other grazing species. Population grows to 2231, but drops to 2106 due to starvation.

Neophid: The hook head neophid greatly surpassed its previously nonhooked ancestors, and the pincerheaded neophid was more successful yet. Plant growth has been on the rise in this area, as almost all the algae has been stripped away. As a result, your species evolved head pincers just in time for seagrass and redplants to become more common. This is truely a glorous time for the neophid, as they are capable of dragging plants underground to eat in safety. Competition between your species and the Nasone is increasing. It seems you share a food source, but they swim instead of tunnel. As a result, you only compete for food, but not space. Your population grows to 434.

Klarnn: The Klarnn was way ahead of its time. It evolved the vacuum mouth long before it was necessary, but it eventually paid off greatly. Once the Klarnn developed photosynsitive receptors, they could figure out which areas received the most light. These areas tended to have incredibly dense numbers of tiny creatures of all sizes. In a very short ecological period, the Klarnn were able to exploit  prey species population growth and grow as well.  Population grows to 41! This population size seems unsustainable given the likely crash in prey population numbers.

Microsis exertialum: Your species has reached plague proportions. 200,100 individuals now exist. Your species coats every single rock in the shallow ocean, and are devouring algae to the point where it is becoming scarce. Whats more, your species has developed a toxin that makes predators sick. Only one species is capable of eating you now, and they're continue to do so with vigor. However, it seems your species is highly successful for the time being.

Nasone: Your species develops a hard beak to that it may more easily devour cube crabs, and it is highly successful. The beak makes short work of the cubecrabs and other small creatures, but perhaps its too successful. For some reason(s), cube crabs are not reproducing and their numbers are plummeting. As a result, soon they will no longer be a stable part of your species diet. Plants still make up most of your diet, but that explosion of cube crabs sure was nice. Population grows to 174.

Minor Event: Tiny cubecrabs are now considered rare. They have lost their foodsource and will either adapt or go extinct.

Deep Sea

Brot worm: The brot worms develop antennae which allow the to sense heat signatures around them. This new sense is yet unrefined, but still quite helpful. It gives them to ability to determine if something is alive in a given direction, basically revealing undefined blobs of heat. This is quite helpful in finding prey and avoiding predators, however, the sense is still so rough that sometimes brot worms get confused by the heat signatures. Nothing is worse than charging some prey, only to find out its already entangled in deadly tentacles.  Your population grows to 36.

Glivin: The Glivin's sit there. Waiting. Life goes on all around them, but they remain unchanged.

Stubbornians: Your species pioneers a new method of attack that was previously unknown to the world: corrosive acid. Now your tentacles inject buringing acid into your prey, partially liquefying them, which makes digestion much easier. Speaking of digestion, your species still eats everything it touches and can fit in its mouth. Occasionally this means one eats something toxic and dies. YOur population grows to 61! Scavenging was especially good during this period, especially for your species.

Goobloids: Your species does little during this period, biding its time until the next ecological disaster. Food was fairly easy to find, and scavenging was decent for these glowing deep sea creatures. Predation was also light and generally nothing interesting happened in the deep sea. Population grows to 457.

Chitter: Your species has moved into the open ocean, which lay between the shallow and deep ocean. Here food is spread over great distances and an individual chitter may go long periods without seeing predators or prey of any kind. Your species, given the harsh life of the open ocean, develops fins so that it can compete against the other species in this area. This certainly helps catch prey, despite prey being rather rare here, but mostly it allows the Chitters to cover greater areas while foraging. It does little to prevent large predators from devouring some of your species, after all, there is nowhere to hide or run to out here. Population grows to 17. 

Major Event:
Several new species of invertebrate are appearing in the area. It seems conditions have changed to let them gain a foothold here.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 12:17:30 pm by Roboson »

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2017, 02:40:56 am »

With algae scarce, and the microbes that represent the Moplural's secondary food source suddenly extremely distasteful, the Moplurals were once again pressured to evolve. Some discovered that scraps of plant could be found floating out of holes in the ground, sometimes small enough for a Moplural to eat. More powerful mouth-muscles grew to tear these plant-scraps to pieces, which over time became strong enough to tear off bits of whole plants, allowing the Moplurals to feed on a whole new class of food.

Evolve plant-eating capabilities for 2 EP.
Long Live United Forenia!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2017, 06:29:58 am »

The Stubbornians species as a whole have become quite well comfortable with their new form of venom they extrude out of their tentacles. Their wasn't truly any poison-resistant foes in the deep waters like their was in the waters of the comet with the dreaded Klarnns, but eventually the species knows and has experienced it will make those prey that are the resilient type of folks come along and join the underwater party. The Stubbornians have made growth for a new form of adaption for their species, primitive photosensitive cells on the bell of the jellyfish like everyone else, even though this new development is a replica which the species didn't want, will help detect glimpses of light in this dark wasteland.
Grow patches of photosensitive cells on the bell of the Jellyfish, the species thinks that the toxic prey they are catching maybe have a little of bioluminescent on them. For 1 EP
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 11:22:57 am by Shadowclaw777 »

aDwarfNamedUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2017, 06:38:31 am »

Save EP.
Microsis exertialum is very successful and has no need to evolve.
Long Live The !!sand pear wood throne!!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2017, 08:04:06 am »

Become extremely gooey and sticky, so as to clog the probosci of my predators for 2?EP

Also develop slight bioluminescence to lure in things I can eat for 2?EP
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:12:51 am by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2017, 08:09:25 am »

Become extremely gooey and sticky, so as to clog the probosci of my predators for ?EP
You have 4 EP, or evolution points. Basically you can do 4 minor things to your species, 2 moderate changes, or have 1 super change costing 4 EP. Okay, like I don't know what you could do with a super change for your species but it could be something like this; shooting electrical lighting out of your slime (I will clarify I am not a biology expert), have extendable slime limbs to grab things, etc. You get the idea.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:11:25 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2017, 08:28:48 am »

With the rising competition and the dwindling food sources it became paramount for the Nasones to find food as quickly and as efficently as possible. The ones with a better sense smell were more able to do so, so natural selection rewarded them.

Increase sense of smell for 1 ep
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7