Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Evolution Game 2 IC  (Read 5578 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Game 2 IC
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2017, 09:19:10 am »

Evolve Simplistic Jaws so we may feast upon that which our Poison Kills through their own Stupidity.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2017, 09:53:06 am »

Save EP.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2017, 12:10:02 pm »

As if it were a response to the growing number of invertebrates, the Brot worms' flagella hairs mutate! They now have over a dozen segmented legs in place of the hairs, still allowing them to pick up food they walk across but granting them increased speed! Due to the Brot worms being incapable of swimming as it was, the change from swimming-adapted flagella to land-adapted segmented legs does little to hinder them.

Evolve segmented legs for 1 EP to replace the flagella hairs.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 01:00:59 pm by thatroleplayerGal »
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2017, 12:25:56 pm »

Improve vision as much as possible with 1 EP  There must be a nexus of plant life somewhere in the world, the chitter only need find it.
Nom nom nom

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2017, 01:39:29 pm »

Save EP for later

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2017, 06:16:58 pm »

Having grown in number significantly but prey having fallen, the Klarnn realize the need to find prey in great droves.
The simple way of doing this is to gain sight, allowing access to more variations of prey.

The Klarnn evolve primitive eyes for 1 ep. (lightspots>eyes)

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2017, 10:34:07 pm »

The Mychords had  lingered in the depths for  generations, feeding off of the smaller creatures that lurked within it. Now, however, those small creatures were gone, replaced by  strange new creatures, things that killed them with acid, and tendrils. Hope came in the form of  shallower waters,  found by a desperate member fleeing from  the acid beasts, leading the species  to a new home, for the time being. Though most creatures were bigger than them, the Mychords would find ways to survive.
Use 1 EP to evolve Agressive Mycelium: though most Mychords produce through spores,an alternative method has presented itself. The Mycelium within the Mychords has become parasitic in nature, and attacks smaller creatures,replacing their tissue with clusters of Mychords.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2017, 04:17:01 am »

Shallow Sea:

Event: Blue algae is now extinct! Ya'll fucked up now. The ecosystem has been totally destabilized! Cubecrabs are likely to follow and many species will have to discover new food sources or perish.

Noverian: Your species sees no need to evolve yet again. There doesn't seem to be much a reason to. The only thing big enough to eat you are the Klarnn, and they're eating smaller and smaller prey. Life is fairly boring for your species during this era. You continue to photosynthesize your food and are totally unaffected by the horrible events around you. Population grows to 48.

Moplural: Luckily your species developed the ability to eat sea grass and other leafy plants right before its food source disappeared. The writing was on the wall with this one. Its not nearly as nutritious, and requires your species to venture out into open fields of seagrass to and occasionally into the holes of other sea grass eaters, but its better than starvation. Those that do not feel the need to hide in these holes almost surely die, as a result, your species hiding trait has changed into hole dwelling! Population only slightly drops, falling to 2026.

Neophid: Your species continues to live happily during this era. Plants disappearing underground in an almost comedic fashion is quite commonplace now. The world around you seems to be changing however, as other creatures have started grazing on your foodsources. Tiny shrimp-like creatures have even begun living in your tunnels, eating your scraps and whatever food you happen to pull down into your tunnels. They don't really seem to have a big impact on your food income however, as they eat the leafy bits and your species prefers the root bits (and they eat very little per individual). Only the occasional armored worm eats a member or two of your species, but they seem to only do so when desperate. Your species finds a new type of plant in this area, at least you think it may be a plant. Its roots are impenetrable, and it is much too large for your species to drag underground. Your population grows to 488.

Klarnn: The Klarnn begin the long process of developing eyes. Like all primitive eyes, they can mostly only be used to differentiate light areas from dark areas. Yet this is already proving to be a distinct improvement over total blindness. Your species discovers that bright areas tend to have more food than dark ones, and wastes no time with shady spaces. However, it seems like there is less food during this era than the previous era. The vacuuming method is suddenly starting to gather less food for some reason. Also something weird has taken residence on the rocks, clinging to the rocks. Your species finds it impossible to vacuum it up and it stings you, causing annoyance and irritation. Luckily it is rare and quite small. Population drops to 38.

Microsis exertialum: It seems your plague has run its course and has hunted blue algae to extinction. Without a food source, your incredible population dwindles rapidly! Predation has also increased as large creatures seem much more capable of finding you. Your species makes no move to evolve and population drops to 149,732! and the vast majority of your species conserves energy through capsule morphism! Your population does not suffer the effects of starvation, but loses many members to predation, dropping to 180,291.

Nasone: Giving the trying times your species finds itself in, only those with good sniffers survive. Your species's sense of smell improves and is quite accurate at finding food over moderate distances, especially meat, but fields of sea grass are also easy to locate. Your species finds almost no cubecrabs to eat during this period and completely survives on seagrass a fate worse than death. Competition for seagrass and red plants has suddenly increased. However, your species has discovered a new species of plant in the area. It smells unusual, and is incredibly tough. As far as you can tell, its quite large. Your beak allows you to eat some of its leaves, which are fine and seem slightly better than sea grass. But the boon comes as a total surprise. The plant produces a bumpy fruit which is quite tasty! Population grows to 234.

Deep Sea

Brot worm: The brot worms continue to develop. Their many tiny tentacles have evolved into tiny segmented legs. This gives the brot worm a decent increase to mobility, and still allows it crawl over good and pick it up. The heat signature issue ahsn't changed much during this period, but at least the brots charge to their deaths faster now.  Your population grows to 44.

Glivin: The Glivins finally leap forward in massive evolutionary bounds. Your species grows incredibly sticky and gooey, which makes life incredibly difficult for the proboscis fish that has been occasionally preying on you. At the same time you have developed intense biolumanscense. While most creatures give off a dim constant glow, your species is now capable of directly controlling its biolumanescence, increasing and decreasing it at will. This seems to really distress a species of jellyfish in the area. Population grows to 16.

Stubbornians: Your species develops photosensitive receptors on its bell, which give it some ability to tell the difference between light and dark. And down here, its mostly dark. What isn't dark however, is bad. Horribly horribly bad. It seems that every single glowing thing along the sea floor is toxic and terribly devastating if eaten. Your species quickly learns to avoid anything that glows. One thing glows intermediately and glows much brighter than everything else, almost painfully bright. Your species avoids these things at all costs, and has developed photophobia! Those that do not fear the light die painful deaths as they consume things that they should not. Those that do, survive, and reproduce. Seafloor dredging is now much safer, and your population grows to 83. It seems your species has gained a predator which only eats the bells of your jellyfish and avoids the tentacles. It only manages to eat three of your species however.

Goobloids: The goobloids grow jaws so that they may more aggressively eat the flesh of their enemies. And that is exactly what they do. While the jaws don't help with eating small food out of the sand, it does help scavenge larger food. Your species observes more and more glowing signatures in the deep ocean, but your eyes are still to weak to really tell what they are. Your species can now eat cubecrabs, if they're lucky. As your mouths are tiny, it makes this difficult, but with your strong jaws, its now possible. Population grows to 511.

Mychords: Until recently, the mychords were unable to get a true foothold in the deep sea, their species unable to outcompete many of the other native species. However it seems the arrival of several invasive alien species has tipped the scales in the mychord's favor. The mychords attempt to become parascitic failed. They will simply have to try again when they have sufficient evolution points. Starting population is 22.

Open Ocean:

Chitter: Chitter eyesight is improving drastically. Mostly because those with poor vision are getting eaten at disproportionately high rates. Now your species can make out blurry shapes and colors, but all the details are incredibly fuzzy. That said, its easy enough to recognize a gaping mouth swimming towards you. There are at least 3 different kinds of blurry figures trying to eat you out here. And there is one blurry figure that seems to be a plant. Its red, extremely rare, and seems to drift out from the shallows occasionally. Its incredibly tasty, and any chitter that finds one is incredibly lucky. Population grows to 21.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 12:38:07 pm by Roboson »

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2017, 04:29:03 am »

Though still facing problems, the Brot worms steadily growing population and the recent increase in predation force them to move further toward the edge of the Deep Ocean.

Save 1EP for later.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2017, 06:29:06 am »

Moplurals are doing alright. A slight decrease in food availability is not enough to cause a drastic change. They bide their time, for now.

Save EP.
Long Live United Forenia!

aDwarfNamedUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2017, 07:00:39 am »

Evolve plant sucking for 2 EP
Microsis exertialum has, seeing the growing need for food, evolved the ability to suck out the insides of plant cells for food
Long Live The !!sand pear wood throne!!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2017, 08:00:05 am »

The Stubbornians with their new ingrained photosensitive receptors have given them greater fear of the unknown and light than the species has ever experienced before. They will however wait until evolution is ready for them to adapt. This species of jellyfish has a genetic drive to become much more resilient to the toxic prey they have been catching with their catch-all dredging method, as the previous naive generation of Stubbornians have experience what happens when these bioluminescent creatures are digested without having the proper resistance to surviving their toxins.
Stay unchanged, Save a EP point for future genetic modifications

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2017, 08:05:31 am »

Spend 1 EP to improve pheromones, allowing for distinctions between various species.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2017, 09:05:37 am »

Save EP for later

If it's not too much trouble, coups you start listing how much EP we have in the posts? If it's too much work, that's ok, I'm just being a whiny baby
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2017, 09:51:14 am »

Improve Sight.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7