Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Crawl" competitive hack-and-slash game available on Steam  (Read 1295 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
"Crawl" competitive hack-and-slash game available on Steam
« on: April 14, 2017, 09:38:17 pm »

CRAWL TRAILER

Crawl is a pixelated, Lovecraftian-themed, arcade-style hack-and-slash game where one person plays as the "Hero", and all other players play as malevolent Ghosts. The Hero player fights monsters and collects gold to gain power, while the Ghost players possess traps and fire them at him, summon monsters, create slimes, all to kill the hero. Killing the hero turns that ghost player back into a human hero, and lets them play the hero for a while! All players have the opportunity to play heroes and ghosts, and can evolve their monsters into new and more deadly forms at the end of every dungeon floor. Heroes can visit shops to upgrade their weapons, accessories, and get new spells, abilities, and status upgrades.

The game is incredibly visceral and frantically-paced, always keeping every player on their toes. The incredible variety of gameplay with so many different weapons, abilities, and monsters allows for enormous replayability. The game is still being developed, so there is no open multiplayer yet, but there is local multiplayer if you want to invite Steam friends in to play, and you can also just play against the (very tough) bots. The ultimate goal is to slay the Final Boss of each dungeon, of which there are 3, but only one type is present in each game. Defeat the final boss and you will be able to escape the dungeon with your life! However, failing to beat the final boss in 3 challenges will allow him to steal your humanity, and UNLEASH his wrath on the mortal world!!!

PLAY NOW!

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: "Crawl" competitive hack-and-slash game available on Steam
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 09:16:57 pm »

Bump

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 01:01:11 am »

Oh yeah, this is definitely one of the things on my Steam wishlist that I actually really want to buy.   
Would go down a treat at my friend's place with a few computers, or controllers jammed into the one computer. :)   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 03:17:17 am »

It's a fun game, but I dislike having to unlock things. It's a great idea on paper, steadily increasing the content, but in practice I don't really play this game often enough due to it being only local multiplayer and not that interesting single player. The few sessions I've done were pretty cool though, although it missed the couch multiplayer charm that certain games like Speedrunners, Smash Bros or Gang Beasts have. It's not really competitive enough nor crazy enough to have you falling from your chair laughing. I don't know, what I want to say is that the game is fun, but we never played it for more than an hour at a time while other games kept our attention for entire nights :P