Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups  (Read 15949 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2017, 04:36:09 pm »

Yeah it really shouldn't be an issue, especially with how small some creatures are. Plus your food quotient is directly related to your size and complexity, so it has its drawbacks.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2017, 04:42:14 pm »

How much does it cost to raise mouth size? Same as body size, 1 EP for a 50% increase?
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2017, 05:09:34 pm »

It just increases with body size. I guess you could increase it without increasing body size, to a point. Right now the rule is you can't eat something that doesn't have a dimension smaller than your width (unless you have an adaption to take bites out of things, like teeth or whatever.)

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2017, 05:22:48 pm »

It just increases with body size. I guess you could increase it without increasing body size, to a point. Right now the rule is you can't eat something that doesn't have a dimension smaller than your width (unless you have an adaption to take bites out of things, like teeth or whatever.)
Ohh okay. That makes sense.

Does it cost EP to move to a different ocean zone?
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2017, 05:37:10 pm »

Ohh okay. That makes sense.

Does it cost EP to move to a different ocean zone?

Nope, but it means your species won't be gathering food much during that turn.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2017, 06:00:10 pm »

Do the Klarnns have teeth or even mouths yet?

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2017, 06:05:26 pm »

Do the Klarnns have teeth or even mouths yet?
I'm assuming we all have mouths. Teeth, probably not, since at the beginning of the game most of us were feeding off scraps.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2017, 06:12:33 pm »

For the next turn, since realistically the best design would be the one to win out on the evolution-scale battle; Would evolving sharped beaks for 2 EP to allow the chitter to take pecking style bites out of large prey, or would going for cross-species parasitism where young burrow into larger creatures flesh and eat them from the inside prove to be a better source of food?
Nom nom nom

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2017, 06:27:53 pm »

No idea. It depends on your ultimate goal, and the makeup of your creature. I already have a clear idea of my evolution, but the Mychords aren't  very similar to any other species.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2017, 06:38:17 pm »

The only people who have better than worm mouths are the crazyabe's creatures and the Micro E. I can't think of anyone else who's done any mouth upgrades except for them. Chitters started with beaks, but for balancing purposes, they're not any more powerful than other starting mouths.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 23, 2017, 01:43:32 am »

I made a point of upgrading my mouth to let me eat plants better.

EDIT: How much does toxin resistance cost? Same as developing toxins?
Also, once I have toxin resistance lvl 1, can I eat creatures with toxins lvl 2, just at a reduced rate? Or is developing toxin resistance just starting a pointless arms race, where they spend a point increasing their toxin lvl, then I have to spend a point increasing my resistance lvl, and we never get anything else done?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 03:32:04 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 23, 2017, 07:33:42 am »

How much would erectile spines cost? Like that of a weever but without venom. I' m assuming 2 woud be enough but i prefer  to check.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 23, 2017, 09:38:15 am »

How much would chemical spit which harderns my tunnel walls cost?
Also, can I make the decision to start tunneling towards land, or do the Neophids' have to work it out themselves?

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2017, 02:55:39 pm »

I made a point of upgrading my mouth to let me eat plants better.

EDIT: How much does toxin resistance cost? Same as developing toxins?
Also, once I have toxin resistance lvl 1, can I eat creatures with toxins lvl 2, just at a reduced rate? Or is developing toxin resistance just starting a pointless arms race, where they spend a point increasing their toxin lvl, then I have to spend a point increasing my resistance lvl, and we never get anything else done?
I like how basically that's what toxin/acid/poison is being turned into. A pointless arms race.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2017, 03:40:29 pm »

-snipped-
can I make the decision to start tunneling towards land, or do the Neophids' have to work it out themselves?
I bet you could get an instinct to do that for you, but I don't think they'd be able to breathe on land!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13