Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups  (Read 16007 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2017, 08:35:25 pm »

If you do try to add in some new invasive indigenous species just remember to add them to the deep sea level, we have less species variety when compared to the sea of the shallow environment. :-(

Anyways when talking about food web, I think that "?" monster is already is figured out because on the first turn my species encountered a deep sea salamander that ate of the Stubbornians and feeling disgruntled afterwards. Also some of the creatures on the higher tier of the food chain also eat off of the plants as well as having prey for them. Essentially, for example does my species of Stubbornians digest things like Deep Sea Crab and the detritus/ocean snow with its dredging methods. That's it really to address with the Food web, looks good.

Finally you said that the tentacles of my creatures couldn't have thorns on their tentacles because it would interfere with the venom extrusion, how about this, if my species adapts to have two sets of tentacles. Their would be two layers of tentacles; the outer layer of tentacles would be the non-venomous kind that would have sharp thorns around it to grab the prey, and have would even have more tensile strength to make swimming more efficient. The inner layer of tentacles would be covered in the cilia-hair and have the glands for the corrosive venom for the devouring and killing of the prey. How much EP would this cost; 3?, 4?

One other note I'm pretty sure you would have 22 members of your species for the Mychords at the beginning because the starting population equation is 2(100/(3x3), not 33 (Maybe later players get initial bonus, I don't know)

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2017, 08:36:02 pm »

Name of species:  Tacleus
Description of species: Purple to dark blue blob with four small tentacles used for movement as well as grabbing food. It has a raspy mouth between its four tentacles. 
Number of species: 66
Size of species:  3 inches long, 1 inch wide
Nivore number: 3
Trait: Able tentacles: These tentacles are quick to move and not only good for movement but also for strangling and holding things.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2017, 08:51:14 pm »

One other note I'm pretty sure you would have 22 members of your species for the Mychords at the beginning because the starting population equation is 2(100/(3x3), not 33 (Maybe later players get initial bonus, I don't know)
Thanks.  I guess I must have miscalculated, so I'll change that now.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2017, 08:51:43 pm »

I imagined them more as like a marine fungus network, connected by pheromones instead of mycelium.

OK, but are the individuals 3x3, or are they swarms 3x3 composed of smaller units?

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2017, 08:54:36 pm »

Individually, they would be composed of "units" 3X3 long ( think mushroom patch). However, when a pheromone signal is received, any Mychords would start to swarm on the area , temporarily combining into a larger being.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2017, 10:55:49 pm »

Are the Brot worms in the Ocean Trench of the Deep Ocean, or just the Deep Ocean itself?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:59:12 pm by thatroleplayerGal »
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2017, 11:18:04 pm »

Deep ocean. The ocean trench is deeper, and is like the deep sea version of land.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2017, 11:19:09 pm »

Deep ocean. The ocean trench is deeper, and is like the deep sea version of land.
Ah. Okay.
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2017, 01:15:30 am »

The Mycelium within the Mychords has become parasitic in nature, and attacks smaller creatures,replacing their tissue with clusters of Mychords. [/b]

Unfortunately parasitism has already been ruled to costs 3 points.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2017, 01:23:24 am »

The Mycelium within the Mychords has become parasitic in nature, and attacks smaller creatures,replacing their tissue with clusters of Mychords. [/b]

... He already posted in the IC, despite having not been accepted.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2017, 01:48:23 am »

... He already posted in the IC, despite having not been accepted.

I sent him a PM. He was accepted.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2017, 04:05:22 am »

Yeah hah, the idea was to get good enough sight to move into the 'middle' ocean sort of zone.  Like go up to shallows during the day and then retreat a bit deeper during the night.

Getting your species to do that is going to cost at least 1 EP (for the instinct to go back and forth). And right now the game is set up with penalties for switching zones, but some species do make trips like that in real life, so I guess I could work something out. I'll have to find a way to math that out so that it doesn't destroy your population, but does convey the energy expenditure.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2017, 07:16:31 am »

Would developing  better pheromones cost 1 EP?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2017, 11:29:08 am »

Thanks, I think I'll wait till we are a bit better predators/more survivable then move up to the middle ocean.
Nom nom nom

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2017, 01:14:37 pm »

How many EP would it take to develop my pincers enough to cut off the new tough plant?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13