Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups  (Read 16014 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2017, 04:34:01 pm »

This is basically going to be a carbon copy of the evolution game I ran forever ago. The areas will be a little different, but beyond that, largely the same. There will be no cap on players, and players can join after the game begins as invasive "native" species.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2017, 04:51:42 pm »

Yeah, I think I can handle a few more players. Maybe not 9999 more, I may have underestimated the number of people who would be interested in this game, but a few more wouldn't hurt.

If you're interested in playing, post your sheet below and once I OK it, I'll send you a PM with a sort of starting scenario and once you get that, you'll be good to post in the IC.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2017, 05:13:45 pm »

Here is the food web as far as I can tell from my notes. Let me know if you see anything that looks off. Black lines are food sources, grey lines are minor/unintentional/potential food sources. Green lines a symbiotic (or non-damaging parasitism). Red lines are damaging food sources.

This is what is currently going on (once again, may have errors, please alert me to them if you see them), but will likely change drastically next turn.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2017, 05:20:58 pm »

Why are the Brot worms listed as being a food source for the Deep Cube Crabs?
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2017, 05:30:56 pm »

Why are the Brot worms listed as being a food source for the Deep Cube Crabs?

They aren't. The Deep Cube Crabs are a food source from them. Arrows indicate the flow of food. So in your case marine snow -> Deep Cube Crab -> Brot worms. The crabs eat the snow, you eat the crabs.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2017, 05:38:19 pm »

Name of species:  Mychords
Description of species: Dark purple fungi, resembling a   solid, yet wispy cloud.  A series of tendrils branch off it, allowing it to grab and consume prey. Small buoyant sacks within the Mychord allow it to rise above the sea floor. Mychords move by expelling these sacks, allowing for a quick propulsion mechanism.  Number of species: 22
Size of species:  3 inches long, 3 inches wide
Nivore number: 0
Trait: Connected Intelligence: Mychords  have a system of pheromones, enabling them to react to both danger and opportunity quickly. If a Mychord finds a safe ( or less than safe) meal, a good hiding spot, or the hunting grounds of a dangerous rival, all members of the species will know about it.  (please price check.)

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:51:46 pm by Mardent23 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2017, 05:40:28 pm »

Sounds Cool.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2017, 05:43:56 pm »

Trait: Connected Intelligence: Mychords share a hive mind, enabling them to react to both danger and opportunity quickly. (please price check.)

Everything looks good except the trait. I'm trying to keep things at least semi-realistic and telepathy is off the board. You could go for a communication method that would let you achieve a similar effect, like pheromones or electric signals.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2017, 05:45:52 pm »

Sure thing. Just changed it now.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2017, 05:53:32 pm »

Is there no information on open oceans other than `chitter be here`?
Nom nom nom

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2017, 07:19:38 pm »

Name of species:  Mychords
Description of species: Dark purple fungi, resembling a   solid, yet wispy cloud.  A series of tendrils branch off it, allowing it to grab and consume prey. Small buoyant sacks within the Mychord allow it to rise above the sea floor. Mychords move by expelling these sacks, allowing for a quick propulsion mechanism.  Number of species: 33
Size of species:  3 inches long, 3 inches wide
Nivore number: 0
Trait: Connected Intelligence: Mychords  have a system of pheremones, enabling them to react to both danger and opportunity quickly. If a Mychord finds a safe ( or less tan safe) meal, a good hiding spot, or the hunting grounds of a dangerous rival, all members of the species will know about it.  (please price check.)

Your population wouldn't be penalized for that trait. But I still can't imagine your species. Like is it a cloud of tiny units or is one indidividual with strange coloration?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2017, 07:22:40 pm »

It seems to me to be something like a Portugese Man O'War, or a giant aquatic ant hive, only the ants are fungus balls.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2017, 08:00:58 pm »

:P uhhhh maybe. I figured you'd be moving into the shallow ocean instead of staying in the open ocean. Right now its composed mostly of a few large predators which have a chance to temporarily effect different areas. If you plan on staying there, I can flesh out the environment.

Mardent23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2017, 08:14:48 pm »

I imagined them more as like a marine fungus network, connected by pheromones instead of mycelium.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 08:22:16 pm by Mardent23 »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2017, 08:15:29 pm »

:P uhhhh maybe. I figured you'd be moving into the shallow ocean instead of staying in the open ocean. Right now its composed mostly of a few large predators which have a chance to temporarily effect different areas. If you plan on staying there, I can flesh out the environment.
Yeah hah, the idea was to get good enough sight to move into the 'middle' ocean sort of zone.  Like go up to shallows during the day and then retreat a bit deeper during the night.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13