Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13

Author Topic: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups  (Read 16015 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2017, 05:14:23 am »

How much EP for making my species' venom much more Corrosive, which will make it have a much more severe acidic process that will burn cells and genetic structure, so that it's much more potent and efficient at killing fellow prey as well as being more especially more effective against toxic resistant folks. 2 EP?, 3 EP?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 05:26:58 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2017, 08:04:04 am »

Price check. I want my species to be able to realease a chemical compound when scared or eaten. This compound would not be toxic but smelly and long lasting, so other Nasones would be able to easily locate the predator responsible. How much would this characteristic cost?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2017, 11:34:30 am »

'
How much EP for making my species' venom much more Corrosive, which will make it have a much more severe acidic process that will burn cells and genetic structure, so that it's much more potent and efficient at killing fellow prey as well as being more especially more effective against toxic resistant folks. 2 EP?, 3 EP?

Toxins work in an evolutionary arms race. Creatures start at venom or poison 1, and some creatures can have venom, poison resistance, or general resistance 1. I would say corrosion is another separate category. So no one would have resistance to it to start. And since you already have venom and stinging cells, it would cost you 2 EP to switch from venom into corrosion.

Price check. I want my species to be able to realease a chemical compound when scared or eaten. This compound would not be toxic but smelly and long lasting, so other Nasones would be able to easily locate the predator responsible. How much would this characteristic cost?

I'd say that would probably cost 2 EP.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
  • Making promises I can never keep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2017, 03:56:02 pm »

How much would antennae cost? And I'm assuming more advanced antennae, such as those that can detect heat, air motion, and smell (rather than just touch, as basic antennae function), would cost more like the tiers of eyesight, right?
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Y'know, there should really be a better abbreviation for Call of Cthulhu.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2017, 09:44:45 pm »

Yeah, sensory organs are the sort of things that if you put more points into them, they get better an better.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2017, 02:01:35 am »

A few more question because this game is really intriguing for me at least. Since I want to be a special snowflake in the sea and not go with the boring sight, smell, auditory receptors for my senses route. How effective would a 2-3 EP upgrade for Electroreceptors for my Jellyfish are, because I'm not an aquatic expert and don't know if these other small aquatic creatures even have electric signals. I'm just stating is it possible to develop this kind of sense, and if I invest more EP than the more effective a developed "sense is?.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2017, 02:09:23 am »

I'm guessing that anything that isn't microscopic is assumed to have already developed a nervous system capable of pain, right?
It's really easy to get into Coc; trust me, all you need is one taste of Coc and you'll be begging for more! I wasn't even sure I would like Coc until after I got a taste, and now I'm all about Coc!

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2017, 02:12:00 am »

Yup, everything has a sense of touch and motion. That includes pain and some spatial awareness.

thatroleplayerGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2017, 02:15:29 am »

And equally so, each species is considered, by default, to be able to filter oxygen out from the water? How long would it take for a species to lose that ability if it moves to land and refuses to be amphibious? Or could we choose to discard it to award a bonus EP?

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2017, 11:12:34 am »

How much would evolving the hooks on my head to pincers that can grasp cost? Also, do herbivores have any advantage over omnivores?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2017, 01:18:30 pm »

And equally so, each species is considered, by default, to be able to filter oxygen out from the water? How long would it take for a species to lose that ability if it moves to land and refuses to be amphibious? Or could we choose to discard it to award a bonus EP?

Switching from gills to lungs costs 2 EP. I'll have to think about devolution for extra EP.

How much would evolving the hooks on my head to pincers that can grasp cost? Also, do herbivores have any advantage over omnivores?

Another EP would be enough to get a grasp, but not enough to be a weapon. Yes, herbivores get more food points from plant sources than omnivores. So if they're eating the same food, the herbivore will get more points.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2017, 04:58:56 pm »

A few more question because this game is really intriguing for me at least. Since I want to be a special snowflake in the sea and not go with the boring sight, smell, auditory receptors for my senses route. How effective would a 2-3 EP upgrade for Electroreceptors for my Jellyfish are, because I'm not an aquatic expert and don't know if these other small aquatic creatures even have electric signals. I'm just stating is it possible to develop this kind of sense, and if I invest more EP than the more effective a developed "sense is?.

I didn't see this before. I would count this as a type of sense and cost similarly.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2017, 05:05:18 pm »

Question: would Developing Jaws be 2 or 3 Points?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2017, 05:18:17 pm »

Question: would Developing Jaws be 2 or 3 Points?

It would cost 3 points because your a slime creature. It would only only cost you 1-2 if you were a vertebrate, but the lack of bones would make having jaws difficult.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2017, 08:04:18 pm »

I think here is the way you ordered out the EP system, at least from my consensus
1 EP: A minor change to a existing faction or structure
2 EP: A significant change to a existing function or structure
3 EP: Develop a new structure/function for your character, it ranges from minor to moderate
4 EP: Develop a complex structure/function for your species
Of course this is not accounting for things like upgrading or the development of senses.

More importantly, how expensive would it be if the Stubornians cilia on their tendrils changed into like pointy barb-like needles, which will help them pierce prey and hold onto them injecting a more continuous stream of venom.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 08:05:55 pm by Shadowclaw777 »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13