Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups  (Read 15966 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution Game 2 OOC/Sign-Ups
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2017, 05:27:26 pm »

dfsabkjldfsabjdkas duh. I read it as "can i evolve sensitivity into an EP. Yeah, you can get a simple eye for that.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 05:40:33 pm by Roboson »

aDwarfNamedUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2017, 05:34:20 pm »

@roboson: In the IC, you said the Microsis exertialum grew to 10,000 individuals, but it actually started with 80,000 because they are so small.
Also, I would like to evolve improved asexual reproduction. Price check?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 05:45:03 pm by aDwarfNamedUrist »
Long Live The !!sand pear wood throne!!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2017, 05:43:19 pm »

At Roboson as well, first in the IC, you were talking about a species that was a three-armed tentacle creatures, was that my species? Also was my species the native prey for the Klarnns?, if so than it's my goal that I become a that apex predator for them.
@roboson: In the IC, you said the Microsis exertialum grew to 10,000 individuals, but it actually started with 80,000 because they are so small.
Also, I would like to evolve rapid breeding. Price check?
I would like to believe that a genetic mutation for upgrading population growth would be at least at some cost, I mean it makes your any species just generally better at no drawback so either the gain has be minimal or the upgrade price high. Also, renaming it to Improved Asexual Reproduction instead of rapid breeding sounds a lot more fancier and probably more sensible of a name.

Also Roboson, would making my species, the Stubbornians, tendrils have thick cilia growing on them to help with gathering food on the ocean floor be a 1 EP upgrade?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 05:52:21 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2017, 05:49:33 pm »

How much would it cost for me to Develop Hard & Sharpish Spikes?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2017, 06:01:02 pm »

I am off by a factor of 10. Its supposed to be 100,000 and 10,000 eaten. Rapid breeding really isn't a trait, all tiny creatures bread rapidly and have high populations. They're also the most likely to have population explosions.

At Roboson as well, first in the IC, you were talking about a species that was a three-armed tentacle creatures, was that my species? Also was my species the native prey for the Klarnns?, if so than it's my goal that I become a that apex predator for them.

Nope, they're indigenous creatures that look like serpent starfish (look it up, they're my favorite creature in my aquarium) with three arms.
Your species was eaten by the Klarn, which likely evolved its anti-poison measure due to eating lots of your jellyfish.

Also Roboson, would making my species, the Stubbornians, tendrils have thick cilia growing on them to help with gathering food on the ocean floor be a 1 EP upgrade?

Yes. Minor changes to an existing part typically only cost one or two EP. Its growing new parts or having complex additions that start getting pricey.

How much would it cost for me to Develop Hard & Sharpish Spikes?

About 3 EP since it would be an entirely new biological process for your creature.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2017, 06:08:15 pm »

I haven't seen your previous game but how does EP work, how many do we have, and how do we get more?
Nom nom nom

aDwarfNamedUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2017, 06:08:48 pm »

I am off by a factor of 10. Its supposed to be 100,000 and 10,000 eaten. Rapid breeding really isn't a trait, all tiny creatures bread rapidly and have high populations. They're also the most likely to have population explosions.

Alright. Figured so, but just wanted to make sure my population was being represented accurately. I guess I'd like a price check on causing nausea for my main predators since they breed rapidly anyways

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2017, 06:36:22 pm »

Roboson, i think i'm missing something, if my population started at 50 and you said it was growing in the IC, why there are 14 individuals?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2017, 06:41:58 pm »

I haven't seen your previous game but how does EP work, how many do we have, and how do we get more?

Each turn you get one EP (evolution point). They are used to make changes to your species. One EP is enough to make a small change to an existing biological process or structure. Two can get you a large change to an existing structure. Three can get you a new process. Four can get you a large complex change.

For example, say you're a basic fish. One EP would be enough to make your fins bigger or change their shape. Two would be enough to basically redesign your tail to achieve a different purpose, maybe change them into basic fin-like limbs. Three would be enough go straight from fins to limbs. Four would be enough to add claws or whatever onto the end of those.

Basically each EP can get you a little closer to your intended goals. However, some evolutions require a leap and cannot be done incrementally (like fins into limbs). For example, a slug going to a snail. The slug does nothing shell related, and so its a whole new advanced process. That would likely cost 2-3 EP. However, small new processes (especially those that aren't incredibly complex) can be as cheap as 1 EP.

Roboson, i think i'm missing something, if my population started at 50 and you said it was growing in the IC, why there are 14 individuals?

Fixed.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 06:43:43 pm by Roboson »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2017, 06:49:23 pm »

Question: Seeing as how my species is producing Toxic chemicals, Would it be 1EP to start producing toxic luminescent chemicals?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2017, 06:49:55 pm »

How about let's say you spend your EP on a size increase for your species, if you expend 4 EP than could have a size increase of 200%?, maybe even up to 400% increase in size?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2017, 06:56:22 pm »

Don't forget shadow, larger creatures require more food.
And even worse, your food supply gets smaller as well. Growing bigger could potentially be lethal to your species if done badly.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2017, 07:22:02 pm »

Question: Seeing as how my species is producing Toxic chemicals, Would it be 1EP to start producing toxic luminescent chemicals?

I stated somewhere in the IC that biolumanescence was common in the comet. And since its not super complex (or used in an offensive or defensive way like toxins are) I'm down with it being 1 EP.

How about let's say you spend your EP on a size increase for your species, if you expend 4 EP than could have a size increase of 200%?, maybe even up to 400% increase in size?

I think that each EP could be a 50% increase in size. So 2 EP to double in size. However, each size increase does increase the amount of food required to reproduce (as that is based on size and complexity), so keep that in mind. Also you likely will have to find new food sources if you get bigger (and your predators will have to as well).

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2017, 07:36:15 pm »

Sensing a new threat capable of of potentially cornering their food supply, and wanting something to aid them in hunting fast prey, The Klarnn's children begin to evolve multiple shootable teeth inside their mouths. The teeth regrow overtime.
The Klarnn evolve a basic dart weapon for 1 ep.

This would cost 2 EP for the ability to shoot teeth underwater like torpedoes (because that's a pretty complex set of muscles putting out a lot of force), and 1 EP for regrowable torpedo teeth.

aDwarfNamedUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2017, 07:58:58 pm »

How much would making my main predator nauseous cost?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13